Reading Houses in an Aspect

September 21, 2022 at 14:38 (UT/GMT)
(Pisces) piscescrisis
Reading Houses in an Aspect
So I asked this question before, and the responses that were inboxed to me were very informative but not exactly the answering the question I was asking. So I thought I would try to reword things because it could only have been an error in how I described my last question. lol.

So what I would like help understanding is which house has more of an impact on the aspect. So for example when:

Saturn in the 7th house (In Aquarius)
Squares
Pluto in the 6th house (in Capricorn).

How exactly do I read this square part? I know what the houses, planets and constellations represent but how do I interpret the "square" between them? :1:

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
September 22, 2022 at 23:13
(Taurus) Rosincvist
Sometimes a `house´ turns into a storage shed busting at the seem with garbage! :39:
September 22, 2022 at 22:05
(Capricorn) pluto°rising » piscescrisis
It´s of importance for you to see everything you just shared on the outside of you. A fresh view. Positive acceptance is always worth sharing :)
September 22, 2022 at 20:44
I just asked this same question in a different post hah..thats funny.

The 7 is the house Saturn is currently in. If you had a child today it would have 7th house Saturn.

How do you feel the Saturn return has affected your work so far this year? Work meaning your career as well as service you perform outside of work...volunteer, hobby that earns you reimbursement of any kind. And how do you feel about your reputation in general?
September 22, 2022 at 20:23
(Pisces) piscescrisis » Rosincvist
do you mind explaining this a little more?
September 22, 2022 at 20:20
(Pisces) piscescrisis » pluto°rising
thank you a bunch for explaining things to me the way you have. I appreciate your time and help.

Do you mind helping me understand what that seven means that is near the saturn placement? I guess those numbers in that wheel are leaving me a little confused on what part they play.

also, yes I had my saturn return jan 12th of this year.
September 22, 2022 at 20:02
(Taurus) Rosincvist
The signs are more important than the houses; The houses that have a kinship to an air-sign are usually a good overlap! :6:
September 22, 2022 at 19:53
(Cancer) ZynCitrus
you don´t have that square, orb is too wide. Also in transit it doesn´t affect you much since those are generational planets... System crush. Like it´s happening around you but in your case it impacts your work and career. Like right now we have this corona situation and fall of many government because of saturn conjuntion pluto..it´s similar in square, clash, restriction, rebuilding of the system. You can look at it like Saturn is police and pluto is mafia.
September 22, 2022 at 17:10
Now that you´ve posted the outer wheel we can see that Saturn is transiting the 10th house and is making a square to Pluto in the 6th. So the tension created by the square involves the matters of the 10H and 6H. As Graham mentioned earlier, the 10H will be most affected as Saturn is at home in Aquarius. Saturn´s transit, and therefore the square, is also significant here because this is the year Saturn returns to its natal position. Since you already mentioned you understand the houses, signs and so forth I will leave the rest to you :17:
September 22, 2022 at 16:48
(Pisces) piscescrisis » piscescrisis
or is that number seven by saturn representing something other than the house?
September 22, 2022 at 16:47
what difference does this make if it says that they are still squared ? i hope this doesnt come off rude, i just dont understand the difference with the other wheel added, if its still placed in the number 7 in aquarius for saturn and six in cap for pluto...
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
September 22, 2022 at 15:54
The aspects are between transit Saturn and natal Pluto. The chart picture you posted is incomplete. It should look more like this... with the outer wheel showing
Login
(Log in)
September 22, 2022 at 15:03
i hope it loads this time lol
Login
(Log in)
September 22, 2022 at 14:08
You´re welcome. I´m sorry, I don´t see the chart..
September 22, 2022 at 13:47
This is my chart for a specific time. I says square, in the list of aspects for this chart, and the photo shows them in those houses. Im not sure If im apparently looking at it wrong or what but im pretty sure thats what my chart says for this day.
September 22, 2022 at 13:45
thank you very much for your response. that is what i wanted to know.
September 21, 2022 at 17:26
(Capricorn) pluto°rising » Graham
"However, the general "rule of thumb" for the question you are asking is "the strongest planet bu sign, house and aspect will be the dominant influence".

Noted. Thank you.
September 21, 2022 at 17:24
(Scorpio) Graham
There are only 60 arc degrees between the start of Capricorn and the end of Aquarius ... So, a (90 arc degree) square between planets in those signs is not possible.

So, let´s assume the aspect is a 45 arc degree semi-square. ... Then :-

Saturn is in its own sign (Aquarius), and Pluto is in the other sign ruled by Saturn (Capricorn). So, Saturn is very much "at home" whilst Pluto is "in the home of Saturn". Hence, Saturn has the freedom to do as it pleases (in Aquarius) whilst Pluto has to what Saturn tells it to.

Thus, Saturn in Aquarius/7th would have the most impact in this specific scenario.

However, the general "rule of thumb" for the question you are asking is "the strongest planet by sign, house and aspect will be the dominant influence".
September 21, 2022 at 17:11
(Capricorn) pluto°rising
Squares only happen at 90°. Your example doesn´t produce a square between Saturn and Pluto.

To answer anyway: Squares offer tension to induce action and perpetuate advancement. Both houses would feel the tension.

Imagine you and a friend are each on the same city block and decide to meet for lunch. You´re on one corner near an Italian restaurant and your friend is on another corner at a Mexican food truck. Your preferences for lunch are at odds. In order to manifest the lunch date one of you will have to take action. Important to note that conceding to Italian when you want Mexican is also action. If neither of you concede, you both (planets) feel affected by the failure to advance to lunch. Both restaurants (houses) would be affected. Or there could be a stale mate where everyone is too stubborn for lunch and the odds of the square remain as they were.

Edit to say this is a really loose layman´s example, just skims the surface of aspects.

There are likely better resources and hopefully others will share some but this would get you started: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Aquarius Aquarius
Show calendar »