Squares to the nodes

August 12, 2022 at 23:15 (UT/GMT)
(Capricorn) pluto°rising
Squares to the nodes
Does anyone have any good resources on interpreting squares to the nodes? Any media, any format. Thanks ahead :83:

Edit to add: or any experience with squares to the nodes, personal interpretations..or broader, any aspects to the nodes.

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
September 24, 2022 at 17:08
(Scorpio) Graham » pluto°rising
"Squares to my nodes will always happen on the 2H/8H axis. Does that place any significance on this axis to be getting lifetime activation of nodal squares by transit?"

The natal Nodal Axis will be activated whenever a progressed or transit body/point (in any sign) is within-a-one-degree-orb of 6degs40 ... but, of course, the progressed/transit-to-natal aspect will depend upon the sign of the progressed/transit body/point.

Thus, hard aspects will create more difficult events than soft aspects ... with conjunctions, squares and oppositions being the hardest to handle. However, all of those progressions and transits will create an event that provides an opportunity for you to learn about your North Node natal purpose/objective - and to re-align yourself with it (if required-and-desired).

If (as FOWL advised every member to do on another thread) you keep a timeline record of the significant events that happen in your life, the behavioural pattern created by your natal North Node objective will become apparent.
September 24, 2022 at 16:05
(Capricorn) pluto°rising » Graham
I´m halfway through the audible book and the PDF you suggested, they´ve been very helpful. Digging into these squares to the nodes arose another question, squares to my nodes will always happen on the 2H/8H axis. Does that place any significance on this axis to be getting lifetime activation of nodal squares by transit? So happens these are empty houses for me..
September 19, 2022 at 09:59
(Capricorn) pluto°rising » Graham
Happily found and got the Jan Spiller book on Audible, looking forward to that. The free PDF on the nodes and the web resources also especially helpful. Many thanks to you.
September 19, 2022 at 05:25
(Scorpio) Graham » pluto°rising
"any resource to on ptolemic aspects to the nodes, squares are of particular interest."

https://www.astrology.com/article/…

https://www.astrology.com/article/…

"or any experience with squares to the nodes"

Progressed Mars in Taurus/8th house (of other people´s values) appears to be squaring your natal Aquarius/Leo Nodal axis in 5th/11th houses (of relationships). ... How is that manifesting in your life currently? ... And how is that being affected by the progressed Moon´s conjunction to progressed Mars?
September 19, 2022 at 01:00
(Sagittarius) forwhomthe
The dragon´s wings? :P
September 19, 2022 at 00:51
(Sagittarius) forwhomthe
Interesting thing about squares to the nodes, they will be the places where the Moon is farthest north or south from the ecliptic.
September 19, 2022 at 00:40
(Taurus) Rosincvist » pluto°rising
Farley Malorrus sometimes soliloquys on the :151: forming hard major aspects to :161: & :162: with immense orbs, they are a scientific fact "Moon Wobbles" where the Moon can be seen quaking and wobbling for all observers with strong telescopes! This is where Astronomy and Astrology are in agreement! Much more portentous than :153: Rx!
September 19, 2022 at 00:39
(Cancer) StelliumCanceri » pluto°rising
I would also like to see more on this (and the Nodes in general) preferably through a more traditional lens. There are a lot of resources on this subject from a modern perspective, especially in evolutionary astrology. While these are compelling, I’d like to find out more about the history of the Nodes in older astrological practices, and whether they were used for anything other than predicting eclipses. There is, of course, plenty of information about Rahu and Ketu from the better-preserved Vedic/Indian traditions, but it always struck me as odd how thoroughly these astrologers personify the Nodes — which are invisible, mathematical points rather than physical celestial bodies — by ascribing mythical characters to them (I find Black Moon Lilith strange for the same reason). It also seems to me that the significations of Rahu and Ketu are strikingly similar to the significations of Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto in modern astrology. I’m very curious to find out more about how the Nodes were considered, if at all, in traditional western and other forms of astrology. Like, how did we end up on themes like past lives, karma, destiny, life path, soul evolution, etc. for these points in a natal chart?
September 18, 2022 at 23:12
(Capricorn) pluto°rising
Bump to request again, any resource or experience to share on ptolemic aspects to the nodes, squares are of particular interest. Thank you.
August 13, 2022 at 12:06
(Capricorn) pluto°rising » sadiemae100
helpful, thank you.
August 13, 2022 at 03:14
(Cancer) sadiemae100
From the book "karmic astrology: the moons nodes and reincarnation"
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Capricorn Capricorn
Show calendar »