Moon in the 10th

July 20, 2022 at 09:10 (UT/GMT)
(Leo) ElsaX
Moon in the 10th
Looking for significations for moon in the 10th
I have this placement, and everything I read about it doesn’t ring true for me:
- emotional about job
- caregiving profession
- need to be seen, validated professionally (I mean, to some extent, but not overly…)

Tenth is what people see from a distance, and Saturn is there and I wear a lot of black.
But I don’t think anyone would look at me and think: moon!

So I’m after some feedback/input of people who have this placement, and how it’s manifested in their life.

Please thank you come again

Posts in topic

Page: 2 1
Sort posts:
July 22, 2022 at 22:44
(Leo) ElsaX » Anthony19
Yeah, definitely.
I feel like my moon is suppressed a bit, more like countering the fire in my chart rather than manifesting in its own right.
And Saturn has had a big influence on my life, both career and personal.

I’m still figuring out what Pluto conjunct my ASC is doing, or means.
I’ve been told I have plenty of presence and charisma, but that could also be my Leo sun.
Or could be a combination of both.

Pluto is transformation though, so I suspect it’s got something to do with my NN in Scorpio.
July 22, 2022 at 20:23
(Taurus) Viera
10th house:
Moon/Cancer 10th house people need to be in the spotlight in order to feel emotionally fulfilled. If they lack achievements and recognition, they can start feeling imbalanced and unhappy.
Without concrete manifestations of status, they feel vulnerable. But at the same time, no matter how accomplished these people are, they will always feel very sensitive in regards to their social status, they take it so personally. If they constantly worry about it, this can also become a source of health and addictive problems. The trick here is to balance their inner world with the outer status and to infuse some personal, gentle touch in the career they do. Often professions in caring, nurturing, less competitive fields are better suited for the Cancer/Moon 10th house person, or such which touch the hearts of others(creative fields, etc). If you have prolonged exposure to insensitive or hostile authority figure, it can also lead to psycho-somatic imbalances and even health problems, so you need to learn to react more healthy to such people or to leave altogether such bosses. They can benefit by exploring psychologically with a therapist their relationship with authority figures and especially the father. Having some practical, grounding physical routines will also benefit them a lot.
July 22, 2022 at 20:16
(Sagittarius) MagentaP » sadiemae100
Thanks for recounting your experience with your Moon in 10th and your wise words too...

In my case, I don´t really have that ´sense of purpose´ nudge you to speak of for people with Moon in 10th. Sure I like to achieve things but it did not define me. That, along with my not being able to internalize feelings if I tried and not giving an iota of recognition/status...the bulk of Moon in 10th/Moon Cap remains a mystery to me.

However, I found an interesting take on Moon in Cap (or Moon in 10th) regarding what it may signify the native could have experienced with their mother. This does ring true for me - I wonder if the other Moon in 10th and/or Cap feel the same?

"Some way or another, your mother always leaves you feeling vaguely guilty. ..she (the mother) ...controls you with guilt because your Capricorn moon can´t help but empathize .....On some level, you always feel like she could just make some changes in her life to make things easier for herself but it never happens. She recognizes your ability to act maturely and she often relies on you for practical and emotional support"

So...I guess, as I search more on other people´s takes, I am picking up pieces of ´feeling´ or ´experiencing´ 10th house moon and/or Cap moon.

Thanks a bunch :74:
July 22, 2022 at 16:47
(Pisces) Anthony19 » ElsaX
I think the Natal Sun is the ego, the outer self to the outside world and the Moon is our inner self our private feelings /thoughts etc... and our moons don´t shine like our suns.

Then you have Pluto bang on you Ascendent presenting yourself to the world attracting "others´ attentions".

Your Saturn is the most elevated planet in your chart. Even though it is in the moon´s house, it will attract more"attentions" than the moon.

The moon is in between SUN (in Sun´s own house) and Saturn is definitely feeling "squeezed". You feel that all the recognitions go to Any others planets but the Moon and the Moon is supposed to be "The Boss".
July 22, 2022 at 09:14
(Leo) ElsaX » sadiemae100
Sense of purpose resonates with me.
I struggled for a long time reconciling my more liberal values with the corporate job I have, until I realized that connecting with people, learning, experiencing personal growth, sharing knowledge, etc, can be done in any setting

I didn’t need to have a hippy fluffy lovey tree hugging job to achieve those personal goals

And doing it in a corporate setting also meant I was changing the system from within (evil chuckle - I wish, anyway)

But yeah, definitely need the purposeful thing in my life
July 22, 2022 at 07:34
(Gemini) FOWL » sadiemae100
Great insight.
July 22, 2022 at 07:14
(Cancer) sadiemae100 » MagentaP
Well the moon is a bit mysterious, so it having that influence on your 10th house makes sense.

I have moon in the 10th as well, I have no desire to "climb the ladder" in a cooperate job, but I do have ambition. Moon in the 10th house wants to do something that provides a sense of purpose in life.

Success & Achievement can be as simple as being a stay at home parent,if thats what is meaningful to the moon in the 10th houser. We seek emotional fulfillment through our occupation, however it is possible.

Listen to your intuition & follow what brings nourishment to your heart. This is how moon in 10th finds life path.
July 21, 2022 at 21:26
(Gemini) FOWL » ElsaX
Glad to hear no turbulence there!
July 21, 2022 at 21:25
(Leo) ElsaX » FOWL
Also not turbulent for me 🙂

Saturn in cancer10th has been a stronger influence: exile since 1999, having met lots of Saturn people in my career who have helped me, etc

But thanks for the significations, I’m taking notes 🙂
July 21, 2022 at 15:46
(Gemini) FOWL » ElsaX
Employment isn´t necessarily the main signifier of the tenth house, status and reputation is...
July 21, 2022 at 11:06
(Capricorn) pluto°rising
Like Graham, I tend to nurture my work mates. And as Fowl said, I´ve experienced instability, I´ve held a lot of different positions because, like Magenta I´m not career oriented. I instead need wherever I work to feel like home.

In my own observations and by way of something I read somewhere, a 10th house moon placement can land you in family owned or close knit small businesses or groups for work and obligations to society, which also is true for me.
July 21, 2022 at 08:16
(Leo) ElsaX » FOWL
Doesn’t seem to be a factor for me.
Have had very steady employment in the same sector for about 20 years
July 21, 2022 at 06:58
(Gemini) FOWL » ElsaX
There´s another element to where the Moon is placed... it tends to create instability in whatever house you find it... as the ever changing emotions of the Moon create non-stop turbulence.
July 21, 2022 at 05:39
(Leo) ElsaX
Thanks everyone,
I’ve had a user provide an explanation that makes sense to me: continue, in my public life, the work (or energy of work) of my mother (cancer = female ancestry)
She’s a teacher. I’m not, but I usually take on teaching and training roles in whatever work I do. Unofficially, like I can’t help myself.
Mercury in Leo means I have the gift of the gab, so I always thought that was why, but now I know there’s a deeper reason

Just sharing here (ha, see!) in case anyone else needs this as an answer
🙂

ElsaX
July 21, 2022 at 05:34
(Leo) ElsaX » TTTJJJ
Saturn has had a strong influence on my love life, for sure.
Not anymore, or at least now I recognize him when he tries to meddle.
So I’ve asked him to back off a little.
His transit is nearly over, so March next year is when I expect to him to start wrestling with Pisces in my 6th.

That’ll be fun 😏
July 20, 2022 at 21:14
(Leo) TTTJJJ » ElsaX
Saturn is the lord of your 4th and 5th (home and relations) and it is conjunct your moon in the 10th in cancer. Cancer is not quite the home for Saturn but it is the home for moon. Saturn is lower in degrees to the moon so it is said to cast its rays on the moon, we expect some restriction in expression of feelings in general or maybe mis-expression of feelings in some way since Saturn is not comfortable in Cancer. Imagine it that way: Saturn is the firm man, restricted and harsh, but Cancer is a sign of motherhood, nourishment, and taking care of others. Saturn is working within an energy limit that opposes its goal and purposes in the chart. This might reflect in home life, in romance (since Saturn is the lord of these 2) and could be as well in organizing priorities at some point (10th house matters). All of that doesn´t mean things can´t change or can´t be fixed, but maybe at some point (before, now, and then after) you could´ve experienced such situations.

I use Whole Sign house system btw
July 20, 2022 at 20:12
(Leo) ElsaX » TTTJJJ
Mm. Not really.
Then again, I’m very unlucky in love generally, and definitely very much so with Pluto transit in my 4th and Saturn in my 5th

😞
July 20, 2022 at 20:06
(Leo) ElsaX » Dian_Joy
Thanks, I’ll think about that.
Definitely my intellectual abilities are where I expect most recognition
I try not to get emotionally triggered, I tend to leave my ego at home and not bring it to work.

My Saturn in cancer brings me emotional maturity (to an extent). Always a WIP but I do work on it consciously.
July 20, 2022 at 19:59
(Leo) ElsaX » Graham
Thanks, I’ll have a look.
The tea leaves thing is symbolically right: I wouldn’t be here otherwise
Lol

And yeah re the literal manifestations: I do tend to expect everything to be a sledgehammer 😂
I’m like: why can’t you be more OBVIOUS

Which in itself is weird for a cancer moon.
The moon is also my most dominant planet, but maybe the effect is just dampening all the fire in my chart, and doesn’t come through as anything too watery

Thanks, that gave me something to think about
July 20, 2022 at 19:58
(Leo) ElsaX » Graham
Hm, ok.
When I do have staff I do try to look after them very well, but I prefer to not have anyone reporting to me.
No kids, no pets.
I don’t want anyone depending on me.

Also I like my abilities acknowledged, but don’t feel the drive to ‘prove myself’
Thanks for your insight
July 20, 2022 at 17:17
(Leo) TTTJJJ
Do you feel torn between obligations and home/romance? (I say obligations, this could be work or just duties in general)
July 20, 2022 at 12:41
(Cancer) Dian_Joy » ElsaX
I also have Moon in the 10th House but mine is Aries.

For me I feel that this manifests as a tendency to derive my sense of worth from recognition. I think it´s less focused on work and more focused on a desire for a certain type of attention... childish almost. I´m at odds with this tendency that I have, but it´s definitely there.

I think the key question is...

In what ways do you seek recognition and how does that impact your emotional sensitivities and subjective values?

I tend to interpret 6th house as related to the work we do for survival and 10th house to be related to the work we do to show the world who we are. Responsibility vs. Recognition.

Because the Moon is not the Sun I don´t feel like this tendency is obvious. Ever. It can be very subtle and the key to understanding it better will probably only be grasped in moments when you´re emotionally triggered. Not the easiest time for self analysis.
July 20, 2022 at 12:23
(Scorpio) Graham
" everything I read about it doesn’t ring true for me"

Your 28Cancer00 Moon is at the apex of a very tight-orbed T-square with Uranus-opposed-Chiron as the base.

The Sabian Symbol for the zodiac degree opposite the apex planet provides a clue about how to resolve the issue created by a T-square. For you, that Sabian Symbol is Capricorn 29 ... A WOMAN READING TEA LEAVES ... https://sabiansymbols.com/symbols/ ... (Select degree 28, to get the Symbol for 29)

However, since the apex planet is where the tension of a t-square manifests, you might also learn something from the Cancer29 Sabian Symbol for your Moon.

And, looking up the Sabian Symbols for your Uranus (Libra29) and Chiron (Aries29) might also be worthwhile.

[When looking at how your natal Moon manifests, ElsaX ... might you be "taking things literally, not symbolically".]
July 20, 2022 at 11:58
(Scorpio) Graham
My Moon in Cancer/10th impelled me to (s)mother those whom I managed in the workplace.

The lesson it (eventually) taught me was to learn how to delegate effectively.

However, I was emotionally invested in my job(s); worked in the UK Public Sector and did have a strong desire/need to "prove myself" in my profession.
July 20, 2022 at 11:07
(Sagittarius) MagentaP
Yup, same problem. I have moon in the 10th conjunct MC in Capricorn. None of it manifests for me.

None of the main descriptors of moon in the 10th match me either. I could not internalize feeings is I tried and I could care less about ´professional achievement´ or ´professional prestige´. God, I certainly don´t want to be publicly recognized. Indeed, I want to be anonymous (both career and personally - but people remember me all the damn time). Again 180 degrees from the descriptors out there.

And in my case that is especially confusing since my moon conjuncts my MC where they say that the ´prestige-achievement´ thing in a profession or public is even more important. Again, definitely not in my case.

In addition, my 10th house is in Capricorn - which Astrology writers note would make me even more career oriented. Again, not True in my case. I have posted previously about not feeling very Capricorn (not my moon, not my MC, not my Venus - all not very Capricorn). Indeed, I just had a discussion on these boards as to why that may be and it was commented that perhaps a weakened Saturn was the cause.

Now, if you eliminate all that career mumbo jumbo maybe some of the descriptors apply. One astrology writer notes: "Moon in the 10th people usually put 110 percent of their energy in anything they do". So, yes - something I can relate to. In my mind ´anything´ means, anything - not just career but hobbies and any other thing. True, I put 110% into anything I take an interest in doing.

In summary, for me, my entire 10th house is a bit of a mystery. I don´t feel Capricorn (despite having 3 placements there) and I don´t care about prestige-achievement in a career (despite having my moon in the 10th and conjunct my MC).

I guess those of us that just don´t feel like the descriptors in a sign, planet, house or placement have to look to aspects which may be weakening those traits.

« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Scorpio Scorpio
Show calendar »