Has anyone tried or used Tropical Zodiac in Vedic Astrology?

July 20, 2022 at 01:59 (UT/GMT)
(Aries) CuriousElla
Has anyone tried or used Tropical Zodiac in Vedic Astrology?
Has anyone tried or used the Tropical Zodiac in Vedic Astrology? If so, what are your thoughts...?

Below are some videos I´ve found after watching Astrologer Vic DiCara on one of Chris Brennon´s Podcast with him on the subject.

Sidereal or Tropical Zodiac in Vedic Astrology
https://youtu.be/mv7OHOhxmJU

Tropical vs. Sidereal Zodiac
https://youtu.be/eiGrAwe78-A

Tropical Vedic Astrology Research, Best Astrology Techniques, Shastiamsa, & Raj Yogas
https://youtu.be/3H27_V3S4QE
YouTube
YouTube

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
July 21, 2022 at 03:28
(Aries) CuriousElla » Ryu/Ra/King
Interesting! not familiar with draconic chart
July 21, 2022 at 02:45
(Leo) Ryu/Ra/King
Yo I’ve looked into this and there’s actually a function where you can merge the two, it’s like the duality of our nature but it’s just screwed that it isn’t bridged together in real time. It’s one or the other, I feel the draconic chart is something of the unconscious merging between Vedic and tropical.
July 21, 2022 at 02:36
(Leo) TTTJJJ » CuriousElla
most welcome :15: :15: :15:
July 21, 2022 at 02:26
(Aries) CuriousElla » TTTJJJ
I got confused but yes subtract.

Interesting!

I have heard of him but don´t really follow him. Will keep him in mind

Thx for giving me some insights on how they can both work :75:
July 20, 2022 at 22:53
add? nah it´s always subtraction. Check your own chart and notice the planets. My moon for example is in 2Sco06, but in Lahiri it becomes somewhere in Libra (the sign before). Of course if a planet is in the last degrees of the sign, it will remain in the sign (like my sun for example).

Notice also those into Vedic do sometimes use the triangular chart (north indian style) or the squares chart (south indian style). For me, since I´m studying things here, i´m used to the regular circular chart. These north and south style charts are created specifically to aid with easy observation of some vedic concepts and techniques (yet it still get me lost when i see videos using them).

Anyway, i do learn vedic techniques from people on YT or so and still apply them to check. Sometimes I feel a technique might work better in sidereal rather than tropical but I can´t confirm but for a large part tropical works as well. In fact, sidereal as well works and sometimes I feel it gives a further "depth" or another "facade" of the question. The astrologers I follow do state that they get some good results from sidereal as well but at some point they had to change because it did fail in some prediction work and tropical rectified the issues. The one I´m following already predicted the pandemic before it happened in a video in January 2020 (I think) because Jupiter and Saturn were in Capricorn in tropical calculation, making some other aspects (while in sidereal they were in Sagittarius back then); And he already stated some harsh days coming to Europe with the last lunar eclipse.

Anyway, there are many many techniques in Vedic and I´m following a number of astrologers who are purely vedic and sidereal but still learning the techniques and apply them to my tropical chart and other people I know to test and see (I guess you know Kapiel Raaj already, the guy from KRSChannel).
July 20, 2022 at 22:32
:61:

I´ve tested some of the tools here as I learn more about it.

In the videos I added to the thread I think he says they add 23 degrees and he explains more of less how sidereal was created
July 20, 2022 at 21:19
I would if you understand Arabic :)

Yes, I heard about this approach to the Dashas as well, to calculate it in sidereal while working with the chart in tropical, but I didn´t experiment much with it so I´m still doubtful about this approach.

Sidereal is just fixing the positions of the planets in the chart according to some specific degrees (called ayanamsa). Most common sidereal system is Lahiri nowadays but I´ve seen other vedic practitioners who use other systems (you can check the long list on astro-seek, there are some systems that developed in Europe even and some been used by some Greeks and some by Persians). Lahiri corrects the position of the object in the chart by 23 degrees and 53 minutes i think (not sure about my numbers here but they show in astro-seek). This is the whole story of the sidereal, it´s about correcting the positions of the objects according to specific criterion (a fixed star, or Earth axis, and maybe other things).
July 20, 2022 at 21:02
Interesting!

Can you share the astrologers?

I find that my natal chart works best in tropical and that the Dasha & Bhuktis Periods work well in sidereal.

I don´t know much about sidereal yet to compare charts.
July 20, 2022 at 06:10
(Leo) TTTJJJ
Yes, I do. I apply Vedic techniques on tropical, after following 1 or 2 astrologers who apply the same method. I´ve made comparisons between tropical and sidereal for my chart and few other charts, I still get some good results in sidereal but I´d say it´s like 50-60% accuracy with me. I think I´ve encountered specific techniques that probably work better in sidereal than in tropical but generally speaking i always use the tropical and still learning in that venue

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Scorpio Scorpio
Show calendar »