Born on Eclipse

July 12, 2022 at 12:45 (UT/GMT)
(Sagittarius) AstroLuke
Born on Eclipse
Hi guys,

I wanted to know what your understanding is of those who are born on Eclipses (particularly Total Lunar Eclipses like myself). Anyone else born on a Eclipse and wanna share how that plays out in their life?

My tropical Sun is Sag, my tropical Moon is Gem.

My sidereal Sun is Scorpio, my sidereal Moon is Taurus.

I´m a Taurus rising for both Tropical and Sidereal.

Thanks x

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
July 13, 2022 at 14:20
(Taurus) Viera
i am also born under full moon.
I dont know its like ive got a mission that i still dont know. thats why im doing my shadow work and tracking back my root. what about you?
July 13, 2022 at 07:38
(Gemini) FOWL » Graham
Very cool waxing New Moon phase descriptor Graham! Thank you.
July 13, 2022 at 03:29
(Scorpio) Graham » Shreya.111111
"So it being eclipse season doesn´t matter?"

That is correct. ... What matters is the goal/purpose of the pre-natal eclipse, and the Sun-Moon phase in your own natal chart. ... In effect, we are each in the birth group that is tasked with achieving the purpose/objective of our pre-natal eclipse.

Here´s (some of) what the Spiral of Life says about the New Moon phase :-

"In the New phase, awareness of the ´past´ has been blotted out. One therefore must go blindly toward some new experience instead of thinking action out beforehand on the basis of past experience. A residue of the past remains, however, in the unconscious (of early childhood? past lives? collective unconscious?) This residue comes out in the form of one´s habitual responses and instinctual reactions of the Moon. The Sun is projecting its own meaning and sign quality through the Moon, in order to get it started on the long road to building new patterns of activity based on more positive qualities of the sign. Naturally, if the Sun is not operating well, the Moon will not be ´shaped´ well either.

When the Sun and Moon are in New phase, the whole personality is coloured by the quality of instinctive activity, projecting either ego or idealism. If your personality is ´new´, you have a hard time being aware of your emotions or of why you do things - as you have to see it outside yourself to realise it. If your responses bring negative reactions from others, you need to talk it out with someone who can point out what happened - then you [the Sun] ´see´ your own responses and can begin to change them."
July 13, 2022 at 02:25
(Sagittarius) Shreya.111111 » Graham
So it being eclipse season doesn´t matter?
July 13, 2022 at 02:21
(Scorpio) Graham » Shreya.111111
"I was born during eclipse sun and am curious to know how that would manifest in my life."

At the time of your birth, the Moon was 34degs34mins ahead of the Sun. ... So, the eclipse had passed.

You were born in the New Moon phase, rather than during that pre-natal eclipse.

Here´s what Joanne Wickenburg and Virginia Meyer wrote (about the waxing half of the Sun-Moon cycle) in the 1987 revision of "The Spiral of Life" :-

"In the waxing half of the Sun-Moon cycle, action begins at an automatic, subjective level, primarily based on feelings and emotions - gradually developing conscious control as the phase nears the opposition. At the Full phase, the growing personal power seeks fulfilment in something outside itself, such as another person or an ideal or purpose.

As the distance widens between the two planets, up to the opposition, consciousness of one´s relationship to the past, as well as the present, becomes more obvious. This creates conflicts between the past and the present. The Sun represents a present pressure on the Moon to break out of conditions of the past (shown by its house and sign). The Moon is the function trying to get out of the past and establish something new.

The Sabian Symbol, house and sign of the zodiac degree opposite the Sun may provide an abstract clue about what the goal of the Sun-Moon cycle might be."
July 13, 2022 at 01:23
(Gemini) FOWL
So... you were born many hours before the actual eclipse... an eclipse is a very powerful and specific moment in time... I´m not sure I´d interpret this chart as being born on an eclipse, despite it being the same day... it´s the buildup to an eclipse to be sure....
An eclipse is an occlusion. A Lunar eclipse is an opposition of Sun and Moon... so that is present... but your physical body is directly between these energies.... in a natal chart, I would interpret that as an intense conflict between one´s goals and one´s personal security in life... taking the houses into account of course for specifics... one´s ability to be nurtured.. .and to nurture would be dimmed significantly.... but of course... it is also a powerful setup for accomplishing things one sets their mind on....
July 12, 2022 at 19:53
(Sagittarius) Shreya.111111
I was born during eclipse szn and am curious to know how that would manifest in my life.
July 12, 2022 at 15:17
(Scorpio) Graham
The Moon Phase matters here ... and (I think) you have a Gibbous Moon.

"This Moon phase is about self development and perfection, symbolic of the plant who is now preparing it’s offerings through fruit and flowers. Those born at this Moon phase are acutely aware of how important planning and organisation are. They strive to know as much as possible about themselves in order to excel in all areas of life. Devoting time to personal development and growth is nourishing and supportive for Gibbous Moon phase individuals. The desire to purify and perfect is a prominent life theme as these individuals constantly seek to improve their lives, their work and their relationships.

Gibbous Moon phase individuals are precise and question everything. They are highly creative without being impulsive and seek new modes of self expression to honour their ongoing self improvement crusade. They tend to analyse both themselves and others, always trying to figure out what motivates different types of actions. Life is punctuated by periods of apprenticeship as they seek to learn their craft or develop skills from a respect mentor or master." ... https://www.kellysastrology.com/201…
________________________________________________________________________________

I also have a Gibbous Moon, but mine has just left the previous 45-degree phase (First Quarter) whereas your´s is about to enter the next one (Full Moon). ... So, whilst the above description applies to both of us, you came into this current lifetime with a more advanced understanding of the Gibbous phase of YOUR Sun-Moon cycle than I had on MINE.

BUT - each of us is striving to understand our own Sun-Moon cycle, that began with their conjunction immediately prior to our birth. ... Hence, only those whose pre-natal conjunction of Sun-Moon was the same as your own can provide a meaningful response to your request for experiences to help you understand your own Gibbous/Full Moon.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Scorpio Scorpio
Show calendar »