Should I Quit? First Horary Question

June 23, 2022 at 07:14 (UT/GMT)
(Aries) cierra
Should I Quit? First Horary Question
I´m going to try and keep this short. Basically the assistant manager at my job, who´s notorious for yelling at people and generally being very cold and demanding, finally yelled at me today and called me stupid for no organizing the Funko Pop section correctly, even though I organized them in a way another manager told me to. My impulsive reaction was to laugh and walk out and never come back, but I stayed because I thought if I left early, I might not get paid for my shift.

Even though my feelings aren´t hurt, I´m generally frustrated with being talked to like that, the toxic work environment that I´ve seen despite only being there for a month, and the unstructured and unprofessional way it´s being run and managed. Also, my hours weekly are always fluctuating despite it not happening to anyone else, and I´m sick of them complaining about being understaffed but yet still not giving me more hours to work. I´m overall extremely over qualified due to my background in programming/coding, but I´m still waiting on an internship position that I´m hoping to get in September. I just wanted money coming in in the meantime.

>> The astrology:

- I feel like the Aries 1st house stellium is telling in the way it points to self gratification, but the Mars-ASC conjunction leads me to that making a decision right here and now is a bad idea and will hurt me later on.
- The Uranus-NN conjunction in the 2nd house makes me think that my expectations of still getting my paycheck after I quit won´t be followed through since the place I work is very sketchy.
-The Sun in 4th square Neptune in 12 makes me think that quitting might be a temporary fix to my health but because of my tendency to idealize situations I might start to regret my decision and feel worthless. Working is practically the only thing I do now since I am so burnt out from doing anything else.

Is there something else I´m not seeing? This is my first time asking a horary question, and I´m not sure if there is a different way to read a horary chart compared to a natal one. I am also very sleepy. And would like a second opinion.

https://ibb.co/nn9DVBY

Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
June 24, 2022 at 21:48
(Gemini) FOWL » cierra
Yes... I know...
He´s a triple Taurus though, all his personal planets are under the horizon... he keeps to himself mostly... he wants to share diatribes about video games... but his music... he stopped sharing it. The last thing he showed me after I bought him an expensive program was incredible... all this phasing and syncopation between left and right channels. IN the headphones it put me in a trance... but since then, I haven´t heard a peep... yet he´s always working on it....
June 24, 2022 at 12:26
(Aries) cierra » FOWL
He´ll open up when he´s ready. We´re both artists so I think we both understand how personal it can be sometimes, or worried about people´s reactions before something is fully ready and polished. I´m sure he really appreciates your support and conviction in him, too :) even if he doesn´t show it, or his art.
June 24, 2022 at 11:54
(Gemini) FOWL » cierra
I look forward to it! I also look forward to my son sharing more... he´s gotten real secretive about it, which is annoying because what he makes is great.
June 24, 2022 at 11:48
(Aries) cierra » FOWL
LOL thats hilarious. Sorry for reminding you about the evil DAW. But yes, it could make arranging music easier.. Maybe I will share one day :3
June 24, 2022 at 11:42
(Aries) cierra » Rosincvist
lol i really like how colorful your language is! i don´t think i´m freaked out by my bed, i´m actually buried in my bed as i write this! It´s more so the constant and persistent loneliness that comes from extended periods of isolation. a comforting room can feel like a prison after a while, and with quarantine a lot of people understand that now i guess.

as for the city thing, i think this place in particular started to reach major development mid-century when everyone was using their cars and thus the city adapted itself to cars. there are hardly any sidewalks, and everything is so spread out that a 20 minute drive is a 2 hour walk. public transportation is nearly non-existent. its a horrible place for a NYC native who also conveniently has motion sickness from cars, likes walking and taking the train, and can´t stand the persistent heat and rejoices in the spring when it´s rainy. (it´s me.)
June 24, 2022 at 11:33
(Gemini) FOWL » cierra
Great! Yes... my son makes EDM, and chastises me greatly for not using a DAW! It´s a curse word to me now... I´d love to hear it if you make anything you are proud to share.
June 24, 2022 at 11:04
(Aries) cierra » FOWL
haha perfect, I think I´m ready to go for it then. Hopefully things change over there for the sake of my coworkers who have been very lovely. thank you :))
June 24, 2022 at 10:58
(Aries) cierra » FOWL
It´s fine lol, at least with the pandemic now everyone understand how I feel unlike before. And thank you! I´ve really enjoyed your answers here (not just on my posts) and I´m flattered you consider me a friend :3

> "You make your own music? Care to share?"
Make is an overstatement lol, I sort of just mess around in a DAW and pretend I´m like my favourite EDM artists. I do have an electric guitar I´m better at playing but not good enough to compose my own music. In another life maybe.
June 24, 2022 at 10:57
(Gemini) FOWL » cierra
Saturn is trining your Sun from the eleventh house... perhaps that´s a sign to do the responsible thing.
My impression wasn´t that you were meant to tell upper management that you were called stupid for following someone else´s orders necessarily, but explain to your direct supervisor that you refuse to be talked to in that way, and resign over it. Also... I love that you asked "Should I quit my fucking job" when Mars was on the ascendant! Cursing is one of Mars´ significations of course!
June 24, 2022 at 10:46
(Aries) cierra » FOWL
That´s really helpful, thank you. Mercury in Gemini is very auspicious and gave me the impression earlier that maybe communication would be helpful on both ends, especially with the sextile to Jupiter. My coworkers have complained to the higher ups about this particular manager before but nothing has really changed. Perhaps my 2 cents could make them finally see?

The only reason I have reservations though is that my manager seemed very stressed out over the reaction of the higher ups about our performance, and the condition the store was left in before the end of our shift. People get fired or in trouble if "they" see it messy and unorganized, and I´ve heard that "they" are constantly monitoring us on the cameras to make sure things go smoothly. (Ironic, considering if they actually did watch the cameras they would see we were understaffed, and it was an unusually busy Wednesday - it was impossible to work to their expectations.)

Even if all of that was true, none of that is my problem and I shouldn´t have to put up with being called stupid all because my manager is afraid of her boss´s reaction. It´s a shitty retail job at a lame tourist attraction in a big city, shit happens. I´m a Virgo Rising, I get being a bit anal about perfection, but c´mon lol.

Referring to your other comment about my 2 weeks notice, I´ve debated over this too. I obviously wont just be a no show, but people I have talked to are split on this too. Some people say I shouldn´t put a 2 weeks notice and just my main manager I quit, since it´s likely they will just write me off next week´s schedule anyway and I won´t work the 2 weeks. I could be spiteful as well and tell them I quit an hour before I start my shift, too. But I see why I should, just to be professional. Much to think about lol
June 24, 2022 at 10:30
(Gemini) FOWL » cierra
I know! I caught that after in the title! The description had a lot more going on though in it, so I was looking for the specific wording, I got there after.
June 24, 2022 at 10:29
(Aries) cierra » FOWL
I asked specifically, "should I quit my fucking job?" and then pulled up the chart lol :61:
June 24, 2022 at 08:16
(Gemini) FOWL » FOWL
I could be way off base here (as I haven´t studied horary properly yet), but I would say this is obviously not your career... but merely a job... and a job where you are in a subservient role... so to me this is a sixth house issue. The ruler of the sixth is Mercury which is in your third house... it implies to me what´s important here is that you assert yourself and express your discontent first before leaving... it might be a learning experience for the others who work there....
June 24, 2022 at 08:05
(Gemini) FOWL » FOWL
But... with any divinitory system, it is a framework for you to interact with the forces of Synchronicity, and as such, it will work with the system as you understand it, so I see no reason why your interpretation wouldn´t work. On another level, it is a means of meditating on that which you want and need, and provides a framework to help focus your thoughts.
I would say from everything you told us, foremost is the need to assert your basic dignity. If you truly don´t need the job, stand up to the little twerp and tell him you refuse to be spoken to like that.. if you get fired... sobeit. If you want to ensure you get paid, give two weeks notice as a common courtesy... whether they deserve it or not...
June 24, 2022 at 07:26
(Gemini) FOWL » cierra
I´m sorry to hear about your troubles... it´s a rough world out there.. but I certainly enjoy your posts here, and consider you a digital friend for what it´s worth! You make your own music? Care to share?
June 24, 2022 at 07:25
(Gemini) FOWL
That was very cool to read Cierra, thank you for sharing. I´m not specifically trained on Horary...(yet...) but there are specific rules for how it is done and what specific things signify. It gets far more literal, and uss techniques you may not be familar with yet, like watching for what applying aspects for the planet signifying the question. From my understanding, the ascendant is the querent, and based on the question, you use the ruler of the house to signify how it plays out. The wording of the question itself is very important. What specifically did you ask?
June 24, 2022 at 06:35
(Taurus) Rosincvist » cierra
Actually a lot of us are freaked out by beds, sleeping on the couch sometimes feels more like rest. Rising from a futon is more symbolic than jumping from a bed. A pile of pillows may accidentally put my pelvis in the right place w/o fighting with the goddamned mattress!
The pros and cons of accelerated learning, the fear always lies with the dean of students of what the students might do in a state of abject boredom!
How did this new city become so unwalkable? The only place at the margin of a city for my own childhood was La Jolla Beach which is a fabulous photo-op for many tourists. A boss who thinks his great predecessor is the straw boss of a chain-gang in the ever warming sun-belt is a Fascist and the most famous fascist of the current era was inspired by the speaches of Adolph Hitler and just won´t shut-up even though old-age problems could knock him over and send him straight away into the after-life where he would have to see himself in all is orange rooster glory!:124:
June 23, 2022 at 23:48
(Aries) cierra » Rosincvist
I´m waiting on internship positions that i applied for earlier this year, but they don´t come to a final decision until September. i just completed a bootcamp, and want to focus more on building projects again to help my portfolio, but my time as been eaten up so much by my job that I´ve just been too tired to. Also the industry is extremely competitive, and my skills currently are not going to cut it.

While I don´t really need the money, I really wanted it just so I had something to do besides programming. (I can´t do anything else because I´m burnt out.)

I spent my entire high school years, aged 14-18, homeschooled and extremely isolated. I moved states in between that, too, so i had no friends and didn´t adapt well at all. We went from living in a vibrant, walkable city (NYC), to a dull, unwalkable city where it´s basically just parking lots and short boxy buildings.

College was a bust because as soon as I enrolled and waiting to start my 1st semester, Covid hit and i was forced into my bedroom again, isolated and no friends, so of course I lost my mind. Even when they finally were able to do in-person, the school decided to keep my courses accelerated, and also force me to take even more classes on top of the 6 classes I had to finish my 2nd semester, all under 8 weeks.

I´m used to the feeling of just grinding away working on something on my computer, like art or music or programming, but I really do not want to do that right now. Getting a job just gave me something social to do so i stopped ruminating, and I get paid, too! But again, like my post said, i do not like being disrespected and won´t put up with verbal abuse from a stranger just for a paycheck. Not worth it in my eyes. I just don´t want to be in my bedroom again.
June 23, 2022 at 10:37
(Taurus) Rosincvist
If you got coding down-pat there should be somewhere you can go where daemons can not haunt you?!

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Leo Leo
Show calendar »