8th house and happiness

May 19, 2022 at 23:04 (UT/GMT)
(Gemini) stigmí
8th house and happiness
Hello,
I am curious and want to study, if those who has something to do with 8th house (stelliums and so on) live in harmonic familly, in abundance and happiness or not...

Concrete...when a child with full 8th house is born, if it means difficulties....and in what area of life and if it appears immedietaly or in time...

Is it easy for those people to feel happiness in general?

Thank you :74:

Posts in topic

Page: 2 1
Sort posts:
June 24, 2022 at 06:09
(Gemini) stigmí » Sneks
:74:
I guess, in the end, because it put us to all spectrum of feelings, situations, so intense...we can value life as Life, very different way than others...when we find out that there is in fact no good and no bad, but its raw life energy that put us straight face to face life forces...
June 23, 2022 at 22:14
(Gemini) FOWL » FOWL
I´d look to Sun Pluto conjunct the descendant as a big part of how cautious you are about others, but the rest are great eigth house significations.
Also.... look at Saturn opposing your Moon... a classic configuration for parents who are at odds in a way which affected you. T square your venus.. Mars... Jupiter pileup... well that sure is something... you kind of implied how they bought your love in a chaotic situation when harmony was really what your Moon needed. It´s worth considering that planetary energy as a seventh house issue as well in quadrant based house systems. Does this focus which wqs put on material things harm your ability to fully relate to others?
Very interesting chart. Thank you for sharing.
June 23, 2022 at 22:07
(Gemini) FOWL » IceSickle17
Oh sorry... I guess you are using a whole sign system. Not sure if there´s a way to change how one´s natal chart is automatically disayed for others o this site... it might be helpful for people looking in to what you are saying.
June 23, 2022 at 22:04
(Gemini) FOWL » IceSickle17
Hey Ice.... your 8th house is empty.... take another look...
June 23, 2022 at 22:01
(Gemini) FOWL » luca.mahler
Great post Luca!
I´d warn against people interpreting the 8th house as automatically bad. Good things happen in the 8th as well. A difficult, or draining placement might be a better framework.... although not always so.
June 23, 2022 at 17:59
(Taurus) Morena_Lu » Sneks
"What happens to us that someone does not experience for 5 lives."

:15:
June 23, 2022 at 17:57
(Leo) Sneks
I really can’t decide if it’s a blessing or a curse, it’s always something deep, intense, passionate, extreme from the highest heights to the deepest depths and back, a real roller coaster, never boring in our lives. What happens to us that someone does not experience for 5 lives. Moon and Venus in 8
May 22, 2022 at 04:28
(Gemini) Potatooo » Fruitlo0pz
Yesss girl. but I don’t completely blame em since they’re only reflecting our 8th house energy

So, other than that, how do u feel about ur Jupiter in the 8th?

P.S. I loveee your username
May 22, 2022 at 02:11
(Virgo) Fruitlo0pz » Potatooo
I share a similar experience like yours but my chart ruler which is Jupiter is in the eighth House. The part where people don’t trust you is so accurate I can’t do anything without people trying to police me. So I just stay to myself.
May 21, 2022 at 19:11
(Gemini) Potatooo » stigmí
I don’t see it as “I’m a victim”, I see it more like.. life and I had a dance. Lol. I was getting my toes stepped on because of how horrible I am at dancing until eventually, I was starting to get the rhythm.

I love the person I am now and I probably wouldn’t have if that hadn’t happened. I wanted to commit suicide, I really just wanted to leave this life.. but that didn’t happen so I figured, I’m supposed to be here. So here I am, into hippie stuff, trying to figure out my “purpose” lol or at least what I should be doing.

And of course, 8th house is not bad at all, it only depends on if the 8th house person sees it that way. Everything I said in the last post sounded kind of morbid but I didn’t mean it in a way like my life is horrible. Everyone goes through 8th house issues at 1 point in life no matter what. The only varying factor is how often and the intensity a person might get. But that’s just life. And the more u run away from it, it gets worse. The only way is through. But it’s up to you to decide what you’ll see at the end of the tunnel. What glasses will u pick up to view the world through? Will these traumatic events turn u into a Batman… or a Joker?

I think that the father is happy because his son will grow up to be a strong man. He will feel life at its fullest.

Ideal is subjective. Because personally, I love all the imperfections of my family.

Without cowardice, there’d be no bravery. Without hate, there’d be no love. And so on. We need both whether people think so or not.

For example, I like sad things lol. I listen to sad music and watch things that make me sad. I’m always up for something that’ll take me into that melancholy state. And in knowing that feeling, it helps me truly feel happiness and not take it for granted. If u know what I mean.

Sorry if this is a lot😅
May 21, 2022 at 13:40
(Leo) Anni23 » stigmí
Exactly.
Hmm it could be Virgo too actually :4:

But I think that Virgo would be more about health and meditation etc. but Scorpio/Pluto is like Purging lol

Mentally, spiritually and emotionally

Getting rid of Anything that means nothing, pursuing only “the truth” and indulging in rituals that may be masochistic

For this purpose suffering can look like a form of purification
May 21, 2022 at 09:37
(Sagittarius) annaastr
Salve,
ho ben 4 pianeti in 8 casa , fortunatamente anche Giove, molto dipende dai pianeti che si trovano in 8: se ci sono pianeti buoni ci parano dai duri colpi ma che in ogni caso dobbiamo affrontare.
May 21, 2022 at 06:31
(Gemini) stigmí » Morena_Lu
Thank you very much :74:
I will read later on pc...

And Leon...yes this movie is still going around me...maybe time to watch :74:
May 21, 2022 at 06:27
(Gemini) stigmí
I have 8th house issues too...
But few weeks ago child was born and his father told me that this child has many planets in 8th house (he dont want to share time of birth x) ) and he is enjoying it, that his baby boy has something in 8th house. I started to think what I missed?? Maybe those plutonic things dont have to be always bad?? But I am souspicious of course...
They are such a ideal familly...really very spiritual...
But when I know that 8th house is about crisis, I am afraid what could happen to fullfil this theme??
May 21, 2022 at 06:25
(Gemini) stigmí » Potatooo
“ I feel like it was needed...”

Yes....this is quote of 8th house...if it is transformed...overview...because I can imagine that somebody is struggling with it very hard, and push himself into role of victim...
This is power of 8th house...
May 21, 2022 at 06:13
(Taurus) Morena_Lu
You can translate it, this is one of the best descriptions I have ever read.

http://astrologijadanielsijakovic.com/…

From my personal experience,it is not easy to be happy because there is like always present inner struggle, it is like you are always prepared to fight, adrenaline is high and you always want to control outcome of every situation.. which is not really possible and it is very exhausting and painful. Especially when love is in question.. that urge to control things is dominant, also some fear that you will be left alone in the end..so you leave them before they do that, although it is just your fear, your projection of possible rejection is very strong( problems in relationship with mother/father in childhood, they probably fought or they always had money problems (a lot of money or not at all )) On the other hand, you will shine on hidden things, everything that is actually underground, forbidden, people will be attracted to you to the point that is bizzare, pretty much obsessive, like when you enter somewhere and you just notice that someone is starring at you, although you look pretty normal and you don´t seek attention at all. No one can really predict things for you because you have some power to shift course of destiny..and it was true in my case, and in many cases where 8 th house stelium is dominant.

Natali is sun and mars in the 8 th I think, I will always remember her as Mathilda, but let´s be honest ...it was pretty shocking role for a kid, still..it is 8 th house kid, she could handle it. It is still controversial but one of the best movies I have ever seen.

https://youtu.be/jawVxq1Iyl0
YouTube
YouTube
May 21, 2022 at 05:05
(Gemini) stigmí » IceSickle17
Thank you :74:
May 21, 2022 at 05:04
(Gemini) stigmí » luca.mahler
Trust and control are great issues for 8th house x)
Its silly mix..

“ to learn buiding up intimate and trusting relationships, or instead becoming more independent and gaining self-worth”

:15: but how x))
May 21, 2022 at 04:56
(Gemini) stigmí » Anni23
Hmmm interesting...
Purifying... You mean like ascetic?
I can lean to this...but I think it has something to do with virgo...
I can say there is very strong will If they need something...
May 21, 2022 at 04:52
(Gemini) stigmí » Zephyrin
Maybe x)
——
I never focus on 8th house financial part...maybe because of many other problems connected with 8th house...
Maybe I should...
May 21, 2022 at 04:40
(Gemini) stigmí » Aren Levi
Yes extremes... :37:
May 20, 2022 at 21:45
(Gemini) Potatooo
Hello

I don’t have a stellium but I do have my moon and Mercury in the 8th in Taurus and for the most part I can say I’m pretty happy :)

Growing up my family wasn’t rich nor poor. We were some where between poor and middle class. At one point we had become homeless jumping from motel to motel and although this was a rough experience, I feel like it was needed. It taught me to stop looking for value in things and to find the value within.

I’ve noticed others with moon here say they don’t have a good relationship with their mothers and I can confirm. I love my mom a lot yet we just don’t get along on an emotional level which has caused some deep wounds but we’re working on it.

I have a bit of an obsessive personality😅 Since I was little Ive had a hard time trusting people and opening up (also working on it). A lot of people find me suspicious and secretive resulting in them not trusting me lol. I have intense emotions and I very much like my privacy and space so I spend most of my time away from people (other than my family).

If u have any questions feel free to ask!
May 20, 2022 at 19:15
(Scorpio) IceSickle17
I have an 8th house stellium and I feel like it definitely gives me a need for control over many aspects of my life. I grew up in a not so harmonic family lol, but I knew my father and mother cared for each other very much even though they didn´t exactly have complimentary personalities or agreed on a lot of things (I hated when they argued with each other..), but they both were determined on letting my siblings and I grow up in a happy household where we had everything we needed even when people can suck on the outside world.

My desire for control definitely manifested early in my life. I wanted to control how people acted and if someone behaved in a way I didn´t like I just simply distanced myself from them. I can be pretty extreme in my ways too... Also Losing or breaking material possessions irks me and I think my Taurus rising plays a factor here because the physical things of life definitely hold special meaning to me. To this day I find it hard to trust others because I know how cruel and unreliable people can be so there is a mental barrier here to just accept people with so many unknowns about them.

Putting it very simply, 8th house brings an intensity, desire for control, extreme tendencies, passion, loss, and mystery.
May 20, 2022 at 15:47
(Aries) luca.mahler
It depends on the planets involved and their conditions (according rulerships, getting help or hindrance from benefics/malefics, etc.).

In ancient astrology, the 8th house was considered „bad“, i.e. that mostly we‘re subjectively experiencing the topics involved as fearful or problematic. Of course therein lies great opportunities for spiritual growth.

To better understand the 8th house, we need to rethink the 2nd house a bit. The 2nd house has significations like livelihood, income, wealth, possessions, values, etc.

But from a more psychological standpoint this house refers to things we CONTROL, things we have a say over, have power over, can use as a utility or resource.

Now, the 8th house is actually the 2nd relative to the 7th house, i.e. it‘s the things other people control, but in relation to us.

This makes the 8th house an area of our live where things we value are being controlled by others, like the bank you entrust your money or a car you lend to a friend. It has to do with loss of control and trust.

Hence, we‘ll be experiencing either trust and shared resources, or betrayal, power struggles, unhealthy dependence, even problematic financial issues.

If you have a stellium or otherwise a focus on this house, it means you‘ll deal with many areas of your life where you need to entrust things to people, giving up power and let others control them, either to learn buiding up intimate and trusting relationships, or instead becoming more independent and gaining self-worth (e.g. if South Node is in the 8th).

I hope this helps :)
May 20, 2022 at 15:12
(Leo) Anni23 » Aren Levi
Actually, from my observations 8th house/Pluto/Scorpio placements can either make people bitter and cynical and misanthropic to a certain degree and/Or wanting to “purify” themselves. Well this process could go well potentially or not so well..
Because the purifying urge can make them addicted to suffering

And that’s usually bad

And yeah, there’ s also the delusional vs illuminated aspect too
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Gemini Gemini
Show calendar »