Solar return and location

May 9, 2022 at 12:12 (UT/GMT)
(Cancer) Pletho
Solar return and location
Does anyone know whether the theory regarding the exact location of solar return matters? If I am abroad during my solar return, just for holidays, will I calculate the map according to the location I am or instead what matters is the location I have made my permanent address? Also, if the travel location matters, does it matter if I travel on the exact day and hour of my solar return? If, let us say, I leave my permanent location at 16.10, while 16.00 is my birth hour, will that affect the calculation? Or instead what matters only is the exact location where the circle is complete?

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
May 19, 2022 at 22:07
(Pisces) Anthony19
Hello there,

Solar Return Charts are very location sensitive. These charts are "house" sensitive in order to predict what is going to happen to the ´Native".

In the old days, no one was moving very far from their place of birth and the small distance
didn´t matter much. But nowadays people moved a long way from the locations where they were born,
so it would change the houses hence the meaning of the interpretation.

The Sun in the Solar return chart 2nd House is totally different from the Solar Return 5th House!!

I have known an astrologer who has a client coming to him to do various charts for various locations, every year, so that he can choose the place to go to for his birthday in order to enhance his financial business!
May 10, 2022 at 09:34
(Cancer) Pletho » Graham
That makes sense, however, I do not live in the country I was born. Second, the aspects in the country I live (as opposed to the country I was born) are far better. Notice that in the place I live, transit Satun trines my ASC, whilst in my native country transit Saturn squares my ASC and Uranus is in opposition to my ASC as well. In that sense, it would be better to travel a fea hours after the SR circle is complete.
May 10, 2022 at 08:47
(Scorpio) Graham » Pletho
Yes ... Your understanding of my comment is correct.

But bear in mind the radio receiver comment ... which indicates that the best location is always the place where we were actually born. ...
May 10, 2022 at 08:27
(Cancer) Pletho » Graham
This was a very clear response! Thank you very much!

So, according to my SR calculation, I should be in the best location at the exact time when the Transit Sun is at the arc degree, minute and second of my natal chart Sun.
May 9, 2022 at 16:01
(Scorpio) Graham
You have to draw the Solar Return chart for the exact time and location you are at when Transit Sun is at the arc degree, minute and second of your natal chart Sun.

Think of your Natal Sun as a radio tuned to receive the maximum signal at that degree, minute, second location ... and transit Sun as having arrived at that location UNIVERSAL TIME. You need to use the local time equivalent of that UT and the co-ordinates of the place that you are actually in at that time.

If you do it correctly, transit Moon will be at the same degree, minute, second in both your natal location and the location you are actually at - but the chart times will differ.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Gemini Gemini
Show calendar »