Hello everybody! Vedic vs Traditional?

May 5, 2022 at 00:40 (UT/GMT)
(Libra) Mayaqueen
Hello everybody! Vedic vs Traditional?
I’m not new, but I’m starting interacting with users now.
I’m trying to understand if it’s better traditional or Vedic astrology. I mean, I was shocked when I knew that planet positions are different from reality!!! How can we trust horoscope if that planet is there only in a hypothetical base of 2000 years ago???

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
May 6, 2022 at 00:40
(Taurus) Rosincvist » Rosincvist
:77:Those are Stationary planets, not stelliums or "The Saints" :75:
There is less likely to be a `gavel of justice´ on a Zodiacal wheel beyond the very Universe than a planet with a load of night-lights in this stellar neighbourhood giving evidence of something similar to what we have right here close to home!
May 5, 2022 at 21:27
(Scorpio) srgeorgio
For me the vedic system makes much more sense yet the western system seems much more correct in reality so I follow western.
May 5, 2022 at 15:08
(Virgo) moonlike07
I think learning more about Vedic Astrology is just helpful in general, I mean if you want hear more about yourself.

I´m trying to learn it just for fun, but I stick to traditional because it makes more sense to me.
May 5, 2022 at 14:52
(Aquarius) Catch-22
Besides, if the REAL position of a planet in a constellation is of the uttermost importance, you need to adopt the 13 sign Zodiac from Vassilis Kanatas.

Because it makes no sense to be mad about a planet in Aquarius actually being in Capricorn constellation if you don´t accept the constellations are not of the same size in reality. Like Danny DeVito has a Scorpio sidereal Sun, but actually the Sun is in the constellation of Libra. And it certainly is silly to say it´s in Scorpius if it´s actually in a constellation we did not include in the zodiac, although the ecliptica really goes through it, namely Ophiuchus, Snake Bearer.

And to complicate things even more, since the planets have a slight inclination to the ecliptica, they sometimes are in Cetus, the Whale, in stead of in Pisces, even though the ecliptica doesn´t go trough it (at least on Earth, on Mars it does).
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
May 5, 2022 at 13:57
(Aries) Filippo
Hi Mayaqueen, yes the constellations behind the planets are changed...
May 5, 2022 at 13:41
(Taurus) Rosincvist
My St. :153: Upper :194: St. :199: doesn´t `bite the dust´ in any divination system; If it wasn´t for Michel Gauquelin we wouldn´t be allowed to use the word "reality" in the context of Astrology at all!
May 5, 2022 at 13:40
(Aquarius) Catch-22
I don´t think you need to put it that sharp, vedic vs western. If your main issue is the position of the planets due to the precession of the equinoxes, you can just use a sidereal approach. Cyril Fagan and Donald Bradley (Irish resp American) are two western astrologers who adapted the tropical zodiac to a sidereal, cfr the Fagan-Bradley ayanamsha.

Although I´m learning vedic too, out of curiosity, my approach is like Fagan´s, their ayanamsha with the Campanus quadrant system. I find this very useful. For instance, my chart is ascendant Cancer. This means nurturing others, being quite emotional. I have 0 synergy with this. With sidereal, I get ascendant Gemini, which reflects my general curiosity and wanting to learn a bit of everything. With Placidus or Whole Sign (which is common if using Vedic) I got Rahu in second house. This doesn´t make sense to me. When using Campanus, this Rahu-Ketu opposition is 1st vs 7th house, which makes sense because my marriage is my comfort zone and I lose sometimes myself.

Apart from that, I´m still in a very early learning process and besides the use of fancy names like baiva, rashi and graha, I did not encounter real differences yet, maybe the malefic/benefic aspect that´s a bit missing in traditional astrology. I´m really interested to find this out deeper, because the concept op Sade Sati really applies to me and I only find this in Vedic.
May 5, 2022 at 13:14
(Virgo) Del65
I think it might be a quantum physics thing, where if you believe in something then it´s true, BECAUSE you believe in it.

Personally, Vedic makes me a Leo, but I am simply unable to see myself as a Leo, so I stick with the Western system..!

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Gemini Gemini
Show calendar »