General Astrology rant: Testimony of my solar return chart.

April 25, 2022 at 06:36 (UT/GMT)
(Scorpio) YRashawn
General Astrology rant: Testimony of my solar return chart.
I recently had a dialogue with someone who takes the ABC approach with astrology. Meaning the 1st house is the "Aries" house, 2nd house is the "Taurus" house, 3rd house is the "Gemini" house and so on and so on. In my astrological opinion, the signs, houses, and planets are separate constructs with their own significations that all meld together. The planet is the "mode" or vehicle bringing the energy forward, the sign is the expression, the archetype, the "item", temperament, and the attitude. The house is the AREA where this is taking place. Example: In my solar return chart Mercury is in Scorpio in the 6th house. This year I got a new job where I drive and transport (Mercury) specimen such as blood, urine, bodily fluids (Scorpio) for work (6th house). This type of astrological approach this is called "layering" and is critical to being able to properly delineate any astrological chart whether it be Natal, Horary, or Composite. This type of approach is also great because it helps us to fully understand the topic and outcome of each house in the chart. Using the aforementioned chart example, Mars is the RULER of the 6th house and thus has the final say. Mars is in Scorpio, also in the 6th. This heats things up and brings about conflict, which I have experienced. Mars is sextile Venus in Capricorn, so the job pays decent, and brings forth opportunities that allow me to form social connections. Finally, Mars is square Saturn representing the depleting of energy due to the strenuous route and demanding routine.
The aspects such as trine, square, conjunction show the RELATIONSHIP between the planets and the conversations they are having. This is another step in the "layering" process and key to practicing meaningful astrology.
Now let me step off my soap box. I have natal Mercury in Sagittarius so I can be preachy :75:

Posts in topic

There are no replies in this topic yet. Reply »

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Virgo Virgo
Show calendar »