True Ruler of Libra IS NOT Venus

April 22, 2022 at 05:01 (UT/GMT)
(Cancer) AtropaxBelladonna
True Ruler of Libra IS NOT Venus
The logic *I find* of Venus, Taurus, and Libra is a loop of associations. Upon learning astrology so many years ago, this bent my mind hard, I read and researched plenty finding the same loop over and over, everywhere. Venus rules Taurus. And Venus is the ruler of Libra because Venus/Aphrodite is the goddess of love. And Libra rules the 7th house of love and relationships. Alright then, What about Taurus? Venus signs- how you love, relationships, romance, etc. Again I arrived at what about Taurus? Especially what of the 2nd house??
Answers I found? None.
I then did extensive evaluation of the 2nd and 7th house which came to be concise and magnificently clear; Taurus, which was clear but confusing as to how it exactly correlates to Aphrodite. Libra, was nearly impossible to understand, faint traits existed; Lastly, Aphrodite who made this all clearer. She was the proclaimed goddess of love and romance. I came to the idea that perhaps Taurus was not ruled by Venus. I thought of the other planets, applied it and it made no sense. I was stumped. It only occurred to me in the middle of the Greek and Roman Mythology college class I was taking, that Aphrodite had NOTHING to do with love at all. She had Taurus written all over her: stubborn, possessive, and materialistic. The ruler and house DO make sense. Then what of Libra? I won´t explain the process. I implore you to think creatively of who or what could be the ruler of Libra and the 7th house. Theorize for yourself, don´t believe all the "facts" about astrology.

P.S.
1stly: I name this so dramatically to draw attention
2ndly: In all respect, Aphrodite´s stories don´t paint her in a positive light, its difficult for her to not see her bad traits
3rdly: I walk through every step and thought not to overexplain simple things or insult intelligence, but to make it abundantly clear that in fact: no, I did not misunderstand, misinterpret, miss anything, or "didn´t think" of anything.

Posts in topic

Page: 3 2 1
Sort posts:
April 26, 2022 at 12:29
(Cancer) doonit » Anni23
Oh no sorry I replied to yours cos it was the last post. I should have just made a general post.

Yea, the law is just a system of rules to keep us all living in balance and fairness with each other. I think it fits the harvest goddess perfectly..
April 26, 2022 at 12:18
(Leo) Anni23 » doonit
Sorry, I don´t think that I saw you reply to me before?

What I was agreeing with was to say that it seems dubious that Libra is governed by Venus on the criteria for characterisation listed above

Though fair points about Venus, I wasn´t so clear on the harvest associations, but there is also the association of the law
April 26, 2022 at 11:37
(Cancer) doonit » Anni23
Maybe I should expand on my understanding of venus and what I said in my previous post...

Venus is the goddess of the harvest. She is quintessentially the planet that rules bounty and substance (material) and the pleasurable consumption of that substance and as such she rules the five senses that were given to us in order to perceive that substance. She speaks of what we want as we take that bounty and trade it or barter for other things as in a marketplace (scales) where we engage in one on one encounters and where we say "I´ll give you some of this for some of that, let´s weigh it up." It´s for this reason that she negotiates diplomatically and fairly. She is NOT about love but CONTRIBUTES to love as shown by whichever planets she aspects because this shows what she offers in her trades and what she wishes to gain from them. She gives away very little for free. So she shows what we desire and if she´s, say, aspecting mars this will show how she goes about actively acquiring it, the moon will show the emotions involved, etc.

Her beauty is that of the well nourished and even that is a tradeable asset.
April 26, 2022 at 11:05
(Pisces) Leo_Ness
The difference between Mercury, as the planet of information and speak in general, and Ceres, as the planet of diplomacy and communication is the most visible in these comparative charts.

It represents the percentage of OOB planets in charts of talkative people vs lawyers and it is clear that you definitely need an OOB Mercury to be able to talk without stop and OOB Ceres to get your point.

Both charts are made on sample of 30 and the number in brackets refers to total number of OOB planets in all 30 charts.
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
April 26, 2022 at 10:42
(Leo) Anni23 » AtropaxBelladonna
Another point that should be made is that the sign Libra is both diplomatic and Cardinal

People seem to forget what these two words mean in essence

In my experience, I am usually very diplomatic but also people choose to take assumptions on themselves that diplomacy will not mean taking Judgement. Lol

If we seem to represent love to people, it would because we prefer peace, beauty and harmony. But we can´t generate this by ourselves for everyone else. That´s not our function
That´s not the function of Venus
April 25, 2022 at 21:03
(Taurus) Liberty&Unity » doonit
:15:
April 25, 2022 at 14:26
(Cancer) doonit
Yes, we do all have our own interpretations of everything in astrology. The buddhists say "1000 monks, 1000 religions".

My understanding of Aphrodite and Venus is that she is the goddess of the harvest and in this it all seems to make a bit more sense. Taurus is the time to sow and Libra (opposite the Aries spring) is the time to reap everything you sow.

Venus as ruler of Taurus is about the senses and what is beauty if not a pleasant stimulation of the senses. Venus as ruler of Libra is harmony and balance, and as such also perfectly describes beauty.

My astrology teacher many years ago taught that Venus on her own is not about love but rather about the senses and how we stimulate them and that only in aspect to other planets does she have anything to say about love (eg, moon or saturn) or sex (eg, Mars or Pluto) But on her own she shows nothing more than what we want as far as our senses are concerned. On the ascendant she produces people who are pleasant in appearance (senses) and/or in manner (balance).
April 25, 2022 at 09:36
(Taurus) Iceblu333 » nutelina
Hitler was a Libra Rising :2:
April 25, 2022 at 08:41
(Aries) diavolul » Leo_Ness
I have it in my 4th house too, in vedic.
Login
(Log in)
April 24, 2022 at 14:12
(Taurus) nutelina » cubic
Always late to the party. Its great how they played their cards. It´s like watching comedy unfold but I´m glad I stayed out of the drama.

Libra rising seems over represented here. I suspect like Aries Sun, Aries rising is a rough mofo and Libra rising would be obviously it´s polar opposite. Did you ever see a real Aries in need of attention? I think they attract it without even wanting it. But I also think about Libra that like Taurus they certainly do posses artistic talent. But I don´t have much to back it up regarding statistics.

I just know myself best and perhaps those who have around me.
I´ve also find the best wY to see if someone is mediocre is to criticise them. If they are really good they will most probably just ignore you since they know they have it and hence don´t experience any need to prove it.
April 24, 2022 at 14:04
(Taurus) nutelina » Rosincvist
Wasn´t Venus born out of Saturn?

Awesome analysis btw.
April 24, 2022 at 13:57
(Taurus) nutelina » Morena_Lu
Not only her experience.
April 24, 2022 at 13:50
(Taurus) Morena_Lu » Liberty&Unity
Morticia :12:
April 24, 2022 at 09:35
(Cancer) vctrdmtrvn
for me venus is not ruler of taurus. neptune is love that we can´t find if we are materialists. neptune is ruler of pisces who is also exaltation of venus. venus is not about being lazy and "earthly" like a taurus. libra and pisces are beautiful, flighty etc but they are spiritual. can you say that taurus is spiritual? no...
when we talk about venus like a money planet, we should remember that libra is exaltation of saturn. this sign is absolutely perfect describes venus meaning.
also taurus is too simple. saturnian libra and neptunian pisces are more interesting. venus is bot only about comfort and relax like a taurus.
April 24, 2022 at 01:42
(Cancer) AtropaxBelladonna » Nos sonhadores
I dont take it too terribly seriously, its when people are trying to tell me and millions of beginners "facts". They gatekeep facts are to everyone else.
Your right about astrologers having their own technique, but any time they try to share any of that information its treated as blasphemous; some even go on their own inquisitions to correct these people. Which is NOT okay. That particularly is what I take seriously.
April 23, 2022 at 21:47
(Aries) Wolfmoon
Could be the layout. I was thinking on this the other night and realised things like opposite attract.

1st :155: 7th :154:
2nd :154: 8th :155:
3rd :153: 9th :156:
4th :152: 10th :157:
5th :151: 11th :157:
6th :153: 12th :156:

Would throw a wrench in the works if it was ruled by anything else and it would lose it´s beauty.

:1:
April 23, 2022 at 19:34
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » AtropaxBelladonna
System message: Post has been written by user JesseVon, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
The Greeks had much more nuance and vigor to their ideas of love, and more words for it than we do.
Their notion of love was far less base than what we have today.
April 23, 2022 at 18:49
(Pisces) Leo_Ness » diavolul
Ceres is very influential planet. It has kind of regular, centered orbit and an aphelion that is twice diameter of Earth orbit around the Sun.

Ceres is pretty prominent in charts of 20 american presidents I analysed last year. That results of this and some others analysis gave me an idea of Ceres being the planet related to diplomacy, negotiations, interpersonal communication and similar and therefore actual ruler of Libra.
Login
(Log in)
April 23, 2022 at 18:30
(Sagittarius) Nos sonhadores
i would not take this so serious ... there are no propper 12 planets that can be assigned to 12 zodiac signs anyways .... and so many astrologers have their own slightly diverting version of all this ...
April 23, 2022 at 18:09
(Cancer) AtropaxBelladonna » Anni23
Your very right! I find Themis to be a much better representation of Libra energy!

Ive said lots that Venus is interpreted to mean love but thats not what she is

Love I feel isnt in all the signs, not everyone finds true love. Even if most get married. I believe its in Eros/Cupid and Psyche
April 23, 2022 at 17:46
(Cancer) AtropaxBelladonna » JesseVon
I was thinking that heavenly was mentioned from the Greek stories, not socrates actually saying it not in poem/play format 😄, I dont believe Taurus has anything to do with love (in absolute general as a sign not a sun sign or rising sign etc)

The "love" from Greek and Roman Mythology was never the love we think of. Apollo "fell in love" with a nymph named Daphne, she was interested and so he chased her proclaiming his love, she begged her father to turn her into something that could fly away, he turned her into a tree to escape Apollo. He was mad, but still was "in love with her". This is just 1 example of Ancient love. It was obsession more than what we think of now.
April 23, 2022 at 17:42
(Taurus) Liberty&Unity » Oracomentisus
❤💯. I like the way you put it!👍🏽
April 23, 2022 at 17:40
(Taurus) Liberty&Unity » Morena_Lu
🖤
Login
(Log in)
April 23, 2022 at 13:12
(Aries) diavolul » Leo_Ness
I agree with the Ceres solution it just came to my mind like a thunder strike.
April 23, 2022 at 11:11
(Capricorn) Emanuel
Watch this. Long story short... Venus is the ruler of Taurus (feminine, nocturnal, fixed) and the ruler of Libra(diurnal, masculine, cardinal).

It´s no "mistake". You just dont understand how Venus manifests through each sign. Also, houses dont represent signs. 2nd house dont represent Taurus and 7th house dont represent Libra. Maybe just symbolical you can draw some associations between houses and signs.
But you can definetely not say that if someone has Mars in Taurus is like having Mars in 2nd house.

The Alphabet Zodiac was a big mistake.

https://youtu.be/9x0srgNjvzU
YouTube
YouTube
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Virgo Virgo