Do you feel like opposites really attract?

April 11, 2022 at 20:09 (UT/GMT)
(Aquarius) yyyys
Do you feel like opposites really attract?
What is your opinion on it?

Have you ever been in an astrologically opposite relationship?

have you witnessed one?

this thread is just for fun!

:76:

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
April 27, 2022 at 20:25
(Sagittarius) Hellomidnightlovers
Hello !

Pretty much always !! My stellium in Sagittarius have always been in opposition with one planet in Gemini in lovers synastries. Gemini moon, Gemini Venus, Gemini mars, Gemini Jupiter !... but it wasn’t long lasting. Even if I understood easily those persons, I have never felt connected to them. But I have such a radar to recognize Gemini placements !!

Now I tend to be more attracted to Leo placements (opposite my Aquarius moon, but only an opposition of sign, not an oppostion aspect by degree). Leo planets fall into my 11th house. I appreciate this !
April 14, 2022 at 15:12
(Leo) Cheliel
There are two ways of living the opposition. Either by pure and hard contradiction resulting in an immediate incompatibility, or via complementarity (the other has what we lack and vice versa). Everything will depend on the level of evolution of the persons, on their needs or not to feel validated by the resemblance to feel legitimate...

Personally, I feel easily attracted by people who are essentially different from me. I am not looking for a relationship that borders on narcissistic complacency. So I would tend to think that the opposition aspect is an attractive aspect, the squares too. There is a kind of stimulation in these positions, something that takes us out of our comfort zones and forces us to develop. It is obvious that a relationship should not be reduced to this and that there should be positions of concordance thanks to which we recharge each other, otherwise we will exhaust our resources, but it is essential that a relationship leads to a form of intimate growth, otherwise it becomes sterile and therefore useless.

I notice that it is mostly at the Moon level that it plays out.
April 14, 2022 at 11:14
(Leo) cubic
Well it´s one of those pop-culture cringy all time favourites, but it´s ok... I guess such wisdoms cannot be anything but "low resolution"

Opposites do attract, but usually don´t last

Similar, but complementary lasts

You know what at the end of the day just hit the gym bro, just do the military service, and just be confident, so when they try to torture you, they will not succeed, because you will have the nerves of Steele, and you can´t break a strong man who stands for virtue!
April 14, 2022 at 09:59
(Leo) Anni23
Only if the opposites can reach some kind of synthesis and aren´t always/Consistently opposed to each other

Luckily most people will have some kind of common ground in situations where some kind of opposing symmetry is present though
April 14, 2022 at 00:29
(Virgo) MONA_ROZA
Karşıt, zıt ,eril ve dişil farketmiyor ..
Balik ,yengeç yerleşimleri ama özellikle balik kişilerini gördüğümde kaçma moduna girmekteyim, evet onlar çok sevimliler sadik sevgi dolu birer dostlar. verilen arkadaşlığın, hatta ruhun tamami ni isteme eğilimindeler bana karşı .nefret etmiyorum ama boğuluyorum. Bu durumu en çok da mart ayı nın ilk haftası doğanlar ile yaşadım. Ve ciddi duygusal zarar gördüm. bazen ölü taklidi yapıyorum.
April 13, 2022 at 22:19
(Virgo) LotusStar
I think they do but to a degree, if there´s not enough similarity or common ground that intial fascination wears off and you just drift apart go your seperate ways. And it can really feel like you´re going different ways...

I like it in small doses only.
April 13, 2022 at 21:31
(Leo) Zephyrin
An Aquarius guy... Eww no, thanks. They see me as a threat and I see them as a threat. Wouldn´t say it is attraction.

But I observed that Cancer-Capricorn couples get along well surprisingly. :4:
April 13, 2022 at 20:40
(Gemini) Neon_Mage
They may attract, but they don´t always stick. Usually, they don´t. People don´t usually stick together long term unless they have goals in common. In general too, not just in romantic relationships.
April 13, 2022 at 18:48
(Taurus) Morena_Lu
The idea that "opposites attract" in relationships is a myth ..

In reality, people tend to be attracted to those who are similar to themselves, as dozens of studies have shown. This could be because personality contrasts tend to stand out and become bigger over time..We can "grow" with that person but we need to invest a lot of time and effort, mostly people are not willing to do that.. Everything is near today, one click and you can connect to anyone, everything is one click away..
April 13, 2022 at 18:33
(Aquarius) A1ien
Went out on a couple dates with a guy before whose entire chart opposed my signs. I liked him at first bc we had the same interests which was perfect and me being shallow, he was very, very physically attractive as well.

The first date went fine. Probably bc it was a short lil date. The second date lasted a few hours and it was full of tension. Also, he came off weirdly rude as hell in a non-verbal way. Like, when I say he was non-verbally rude as hell, I mean he was RUDE, RUDE, without even saying anything offensive to my face.

I have never in my life been on a date with a guy that literally felt the need to walk ahead of me instead of side by side together like normal people?? It caught me so off guard because I never had that happen to me before.

Now I knew for sure it wasn´t because of my looks. You might not believe that´s true bc I don´t have a pic of me as my pfp (honestly I just don´t want gross weirdos in my inbox on here 😷) but like on the first date, this dude was so nervous around me that his hands were shaky and he barely made eye contact. I shrugged off the whole walking ahead of me thing and thought he was probably just having a bad day. Until he did it again the next date.

It didn´t hit me til like 4 dates in that he was pathetically insecure. I think he really envied how self-assured I was and couldn´t handle that he wasn´t compared to me. At one point during one of our dates, he kept talking about his ex-girlfriends and showing me pics of them. It was just totally weird. Idk what he was trying to accomplish there. 😂

He had a 12th house stellium in Leo. Maybe that was why he was so insecure? Our synastry was full of squares and oppositions too though.
April 13, 2022 at 17:50
(Virgo) Etherealmind
Not always if we only talk about astrology but psychologically just based on the personality of the 2 people yes.
April 13, 2022 at 17:33
(Pisces) Leo_Ness » Graham
"So ... oppositions/2H : squares/4H : semi-squares/sesiquadrates/8H : 16H : 32H aspects attract those others whose feedback provides us with opportunities to see ourselves as others see us."

I needed this :15:
April 13, 2022 at 16:09
(Scorpio) Graham
Oppositions are the lowest level (so, easiest to bring to full conscious awareness) of the 2-series of Harmonic aspects ... And the 2-series are the ONLY aspects which provide us with feedback from others.

So ... oppositions/2H : squares/4H : semi-squares/sesiquadrates/8H : 16H : 32H aspects attract those others whose feedback provides us with opportunities to see ourselves as others see us.

Unfortunately though, this results in relationship friction ... and most people avoid relationships with those who make us feel uncomfortable.
April 13, 2022 at 13:20
(Virgo) Aren Levi
From my experience,

opposites are good just for sex.

:37:
April 13, 2022 at 12:41
(Pisces) Leo_Ness
Yes.
April 13, 2022 at 12:31
(Cancer) ZeinaZ
Hey,

Opposites can attract or repel depending on what´s valuable and important to the person. The weird part is we might not even be aware of what´s valuable, because it´s still unconscious in us.

For example: I have relationships, no matter what kind, with Capricorn Suns, even though I´m a Cancer Sun. I realized later on it´s due to my Capricorn Moon and interacting with Capricorn Suns helps me to become more self sufficient and meet my own needs. They tend to encourage me to get act out in the world .

My relationships with Sagittarius is either positive or negative, depending on where the energy is, like an Asc., Sun, Moon, etc.

I´m a Gemini Asc. and Sagittarius Asc. are fun to be around for they bring out the more adventurous part of me. A Sagittarius Sun with strong water placements might be too chaotic for me, because they tend to push for action quickly, and that repels my need to figure something out then act. Edit: This also could mean I need to be less cautious, and interacting with this person helps me realize that, even if not always positive.
April 11, 2022 at 20:17
(Scorpio) Kisses
They are happening constantly. Bharani (nakshatra in sidereal Aries) is always attracted to Swati nakshatra (in sidereal Libra) and I see moon opposite sun a lot where the moon person tends to be the one really into the sun person

Same also attracts tho like moon conjunct sun. Brings a sense of comfort and wanting to be close to each other

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Leo Leo
Show calendar »