Grand octile

April 3, 2022 at 10:04 (UT/GMT)
(Capricorn) stellium12
Grand octile
Has anyone worked with a grand octile in a chart. Not a lot on the subject so does anyone have any advise on how to go about interpreting it.

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
April 7, 2022 at 00:26
(Taurus) Rosincvist » stellium12
What the Magi Society Magi Astrologers say about :196: & :197: is that they are between completely ignorable and slightly negative. Harmonic eight is a step more :21:-ish than :194: & :192:, all of the suffering with not one whit of the character building so the dark victory is that it is just a minor in the pizza/Zodiac and probably the last aspect to tally at all!
Grant Lewi is famous for making sure minors have as little pizza as possible!
April 6, 2022 at 14:44
(Cancer) ZeinaZ » Graham
Wonderful, I really need to deep dive in this. I sense I need to go into this, but still have something else to figure out first. I´m studying more relationship astrology now, perhaps this is further down the line for further insights.

Thank you for sharing. 🙏🏻
April 6, 2022 at 11:02
(Capricorn) stellium12 » Graham
These configurations play out in my childhood and you are accurate. I don´t know why I have become so interested in these subjects over the last few years, but there is a message I am supposed to hear.

It is interesting that the people I am closest to (based on people who I had enough interest to go beyond small talk) all had a difficult childhood and low self esteem. I tend to be their fan encouraging them to stand up for themselves.

I have been reading your suggestions on vibrational astrology. Thanks for opening up this concept to me.
April 6, 2022 at 10:49
(Capricorn) stellium12 » Rosincvist
I know it is a stretch to put the MC in there. It just wouldn´t be complete without it. I may discover and asteroid that would fit, or is part of the story more to do what is missing. Is that spot meant to have a void.

The squares are where the difficulties are. Trying to fit the pieces together to answer deep seated questions is the struggle. It is like the scab on your arm. You ignore it but every so often you glance down and see it and just can´t help pick at it.
April 6, 2022 at 07:49
(Scorpio) Graham » ZeinaZ
The article linked below gives an indication of the potential of harmonic aspect analyses.

http://www.davidhamblin.net/writing…
April 6, 2022 at 07:38
(Scorpio) Graham » Rosincvist
My personal view/belief is that the 2-series of harmonics create the feedback from others that we need (to enable us to check the validity of our internal thinking/beliefs/views, which are created by the odd numbered harmonics).

[With the exception of the 2H, each prime-number harmonic produces an internalised thinking process which creates a specific behavioural trait ... and the 2H provides the mirror/others that enables us to test-and-revise our internal thinking/beliefs/views.]

So ... the 7H septile produces intuition ... but the 14H/28H/56H is the mechanism through which the accuracy of that intuition is tested (by exposing it to others/the outside world).

And ... when seen in that context, the 8H is actually a very positive harmonic aspect.
April 6, 2022 at 06:08
(Scorpio) Graham » stellium12
(Note ... I do not use asteroids, but assume that the one at 10Cancer54 is Sappho.)

Initially, I´d focus on this chart´s Venus-Saturn-Chiron-Sappho Thor´s Hammer configuration.

Venus is in the 12th house (of hidden psychological enemies within); Chiron´s Aquarius wound is a deep-seated feeling of not belonging (in the 3rd house of siblings + communications): Saturn is strong in Capricorn (a sign it rules) and in the 1st house (of self-image) ... and Sappho (in Cancer/7th) is where the "hammer" created by these issues will impact upon others.

[Note ... The Venus-Saturn-Chiron triangle has a body (Sappho) opposing it´s apex. And, when a planet/body/point opposes a MIDPOINT apex planet it creates difficulties/issues during childhood that the adult ultimately learns to handle/overcome ... then she/he uses what has been learned to help others overcome those issues.]
April 6, 2022 at 02:06
:145:I don´t buy the MC there as a factor since I think the Equal-house midheaven is more real, but the chart does have good minor planets in the configuration!
The thought had crossed my mind that getting "real planets" and not just Main Asteroid Belt cat-gravel as forming an 8-spoked wheel would be difficult to impossible! Odd numbered Harmonics just feel better; Septiles and Noviles are much more positive than the Octile-series of aspects! :144:
April 5, 2022 at 20:06
(Capricorn) stellium12
heres the chart
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
April 5, 2022 at 15:43
We do indeed need to see the chart in order to provide specific comments upon how to interpret the grand octile.

In the meantime though, some understanding of how the 8th harmonic manifests can be obtained by reflecting upon how the 2H/opposition behaviour changes as the orb moves from 6 degrees to 1deg 30mins :-

1. The 2H harmonic series (2H, 4H, 8H, 16H, 32H, 64H) provide us with feedback from others (upon our behaviour, as perceived by them).

2. With the 2H/opposition, we project onto another "unacceptable" behavioural traits - which we (and they) have, but see only in them. Hence, the other person provides a mirror through which we can become more aware of our shadow-self/dark-side.

3. Third-party observers (correctly) perceive our 2h/opposition projections as "the kettle calling the frying pan black".

4. If the orb is wide (6 degrees), those observers provide us with no feedback - so say/do nothing to make us aware of the behavioural trait in ourself. However, if the orb is 3 degrees (causing the opposition to manifest with the intensity of a 4H square), those observers will tell us that we also have the trait which we are projecting onto the other. And, if the orb is 1deg30mins (8H intensity), the observers will become increasingly annoyed with our failure to "hear" them/change our behaviour.

5. If the orb is 45mins (16H intensity), those observers become so annoyed with our failure to change that they begin to actively work on "making us change". And, if the orb is 22mins30secs (32H), we reap the consequences of our failure to change - when those third-party observers actively begin working to undermine us, in the hope that a fall from grace will make us aware of our need to change.

6. Over the years, I have noted that those with 64H behavioural traits remain unaware of them - even after experiencing the inevitable fall from grace that invariably occurs.
April 5, 2022 at 15:09
(Cancer) ZeinaZ » Graham
Yes, you have a point. What we could tell others about their chart is affected by their level of awareness, consciousness and where they´re at in life.

I´m interested in it from the stand point of what potential the chart could tell us in general (I transitioned from depth psychology to astrology). I´ve got some long way to get to that point haha, still on my beginning journey.

Thanks again, and best regards. :)
April 5, 2022 at 14:45
I have used harmonic aspects for some 20+ years, and believe David Cochrane´s Vibrational Astrology has moved it in the right direction. However, I have not used Vibrational Astrology in practice ... as few people respond positively to the kind of in-depth analysis that minor aspects provide.

For example, my own natal chart has an 8th harmonic trapezium** - and analysing that reveals behavioural traits which it has been difficult to recognise/accept in myself. ... So, imagine the reaction a Vibrational Astrologer is likely to have received from me if she/he had delivered the analysis/interpretation (which I was "not yet ready to hear/recognise/accept").

[**Note : Gemini Uranus-on-Mc opposite Capricorn Jupiter-on-IC : 11th house Leo Pluto square 2nd House Scorpio Mercury : Pluto semi-square Uranus/sesi-quadrate Jupiter : Mercury semi-square Jupiter/sesi-quadrate Uranus]
April 5, 2022 at 11:01
(Capricorn) stellium12 » Graham
Thanks for the detailed information. I´ll look them up. I´ll try to post the chart. Most are within a degree except for Uranus which is within 3. Always a bit different that Uranus.
April 5, 2022 at 10:37
(Cancer) ZeinaZ » Graham
Hey,

Ah great, thanks for the sources! I´ve only heard Rick Levine talk about harmonics, and I haven´t gotten yet to the books I was able to find.

Have you worked with this technique? If so, did you notice anything from the information it provided over other techniques?
April 5, 2022 at 08:23
(Scorpio) Graham
If we comply with John Addey´s recommended orbs for harmonic aspects ... 2H oppositions, 4H squares and 8H semisquares/sesiquadrates have respective orbs of 6degs, 3degs and 1deg30mins.

Since higher harmonics are more intense manifestations of their lower harmonic aspects, this explains why a 2H opposition (with a 1deg30mins orb) causes behaviour that is best described by the 8th harmonic.
April 5, 2022 at 07:24
The best explanation/interpretation (that I have seen to date) of a Thor"s Hammer is the one at http://aliceportman.com/thors-hamme…
April 5, 2022 at 07:07
Following the recent death of (the UK´s) David Hamblin, David Cochrane (of Cosmic Patterns Astrology Software, USA) is currently the leading light on harmonics.

He has repackaged it as "Vibrational Astrology" - which combines harmonic aspects and midpoint astrology - producing numerous youtube videos on the technique; hosting an annual conference on it and releasing a book on "vibrational astrology" in 2022.

So ... you might find it helpful to visit his Cosmic Patterns Astrology website, and to watch some of those videos. ... http://www.youtube.com/watch/…

For me though, the key thing to bear in mind is that John Addey (who introduced harmonic aspects to the astro community) emphasised that they can be relied upon ONLY if their orb is calculated in the way he suggested.*

[*Note .. the orb for the conjunction = 12 degrees, and the orb for all other harmonic aspects = 12 degrees divided by the harmonic aspect number ... Thus, the orb for the 8th harmonic = 12/8 = 1deg30mins]
April 4, 2022 at 09:55
(Capricorn) stellium12 » Rosincvist
Do 16 ball peen´s make a sledge?
April 3, 2022 at 20:39
:14:The Magi Society Magi Astrologers refer to Sedna as the "Hammer of Thor" and deviate not one micron from the concrete analogy of a crushing sledge! :22:
April 3, 2022 at 17:34
(Cancer) ZeinaZ » stellium12
Thanks!

I read through the post. To interpret such a configuration, one has to take it piece by piece. The author sort of did that.

For example, if there´s a conjunction of planets at one point, what does this energy combination mean, then go through the aspects to this point, synthesize a meaning for that point. Then, take another point, till the last point. Then all the syntheses are used to understand one meaning from them.

I´m wondering now if it´s too abstract, because we´re dealing with much potential with such configurations. When possible to ground the ideas with experiences of these aspects from the person´s life , so it can actually be applied somehow.
April 3, 2022 at 16:23
(Capricorn) stellium12 » ZeinaZ
This came from

https://astrobuss.wordpress.com/cat…
April 3, 2022 at 14:31
(Cancer) ZeinaZ » stellium12
Hey,

Could you please share the source of this information? I´ve been looking for information about harmonics.

Thanks

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Aquarius Aquarius
Show calendar »