Benefit planets and Malefic

March 21, 2022 at 17:40 (UT/GMT)
(Aquarius) JIN2
Benefit planets and Malefic
How to identify benefic and Malefic planets in the Horoscope?

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
March 22, 2022 at 16:33
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » JIN2
System message: Post has been written by user Seanfhear, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Most welcome :15: :15:
March 22, 2022 at 16:27
(Aquarius) JIN2 » Seanfhear
Ok, Got it

Thanks dear
March 22, 2022 at 16:25
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Seanfhear
System message: Post has been written by user Seanfhear, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
to add, there are other methods to specify the first house for specific purposes, and such methods don´t depend on the ascendant location. Such techniques are there in both Hellenistic and Vedic schools. But such thing is for specific questions and investigations I think
March 22, 2022 at 16:24
=====
Well, the difference is in the way the chart is divided into houses.
In whole sign house system, the ascendant marks the zodiac sign which is the first house. Then, each zodiac sign is considered a house, from 1 to 12, in order from ascendant placement. This is, historically, the original house system as documented in ancient texts that could be retrieved and also document in Hellenistic astrological works.

Placidus on the other hand is not connected to the zodiac signs. it is connected on "quadrants". Meaning, the 3 cardinal points are marked and then the quarter which falls between each 2 cardinal points is divided into 3 houses. So, between Ascendant and IC, there are 3 houses, between IC and descendant 3 houses, and so on. The size of the houses though can be different or equal (for reasons I don´t know about). Placidus was probably invented in Europe some time in 1200s or 1400s (I think it´s there on Wikipedia). The thing about Placidus is that it depends on the angles between cardinal points. So, people living in northern places, like Sweden for example, will have at some point quite narrow angle between MC and AC, and hence houses 10, 11 and 12 can be quite small which I really don´t know how they are supposed to be considered or read. Whole sign on the other hand has equal houses, each sign is a house according to its order in the chart and it doesn´t care much about MC or IC or the angles between the 4 cardinal points (AC, IC, DC, MC). In fact even the astrologers I follow who use whole sign system, don´t talk much about MC and IC points. they mostly talk about the 10th and 4th houses to talk about career and home life for example. But well, I think MC and IC can be signficant sometimes depends on what we are looking for i guess
March 22, 2022 at 16:12
Yes difference between Placidus and Whole Sign system?

Yes, I also did not believe but one recent thing makes me to believe, However, I also believe that everything happens for a reason
March 22, 2022 at 16:03
=====
Do you mean what´s the difference between Placidus and Whole Sign system?

As for past life, well, I don´t believe in past life. It´s against my own beliefs. As for synastry, I think it is a useful tool, but personally I have no interest in it. relationships isn´t my cup of tea as they say
March 22, 2022 at 16:00
what is the difference that I dont know but what you have said is exactly correct with regards to mine. I am still very beginner hence I only knew that Saturn wants me to come out from my comfort zone.

Hey, do you believe in past life and synastry reading?
March 22, 2022 at 15:54
=====
Yes, in Placidus it is in 10th. In Whole Sign though it´s in 11th.
March 22, 2022 at 15:47
I used astrosage before and that resemble to Placidus, I think
That is why, I think Saturn is in my 10th house
March 22, 2022 at 15:46
(Aquarius) JIN2 » Aren Levi
Yes, Recent community projected saturn in wrong way
March 22, 2022 at 15:35
=====
You can fix the settings in your astro-seek account so that all charts you view (yours and others) will be all displayed in your preferable house system (and other stuff) so that you won´t have to click on the extended settings and pick the house system or anything else.

By the way, people who use Placidus do get fine results as well, I just don´t know how to use it. It confuses me
March 22, 2022 at 14:19
Yes, and I think whole sigh is right as characteristics you describe are exactly correct
March 22, 2022 at 14:14
=====
I guess you are checking your chart in Placidus house system. I use Whole Sign house system. Actually in Placidus your Saturn is in 10H and Mars is in 9H. In Whole Sign they are both in 11H.

If you want to check the Whole sign house system for your chart, click on (extended settings) under the chart and pick Whole Sign from the menu of house system.
March 22, 2022 at 14:08
OMG
You are absolutely correct. Rightnow working in office that gives me frustration. Before working in Lab and I was happy as everyday new things. Constantly thinking to change job. But due to family responsibilities, can not afford working in Lab as can not invest time in it.

But, why I am seeing my saturn and mars in 10th house. You are saying they are in 11th house.
March 22, 2022 at 14:07
(Virgo) Aren Levi » JIN2
Of course Saturn can actually improve someones life.

its not always Mars bad and Jupiter good ... and shitt like that

It is always subjective.
March 22, 2022 at 04:45
=====
generally speaking, Saturn in the house of gains (11H) points to gains the grow in time, not easily obtained but it would grow after hard work and blossoms in time (typical for Saturn in any house). Now, Saturn is the lord of your 12H and 12H is connected to isolated and foreign places (and isolated here means things like hospitals, jails, or even worship places, and labs or universities)

In the 11H, you have Mars onjunct Saturn. They say in conjunctions, the planet of the lower degrees controls or directs the planet of the higher degrees, and in your case, this is Mars directing Saturn, meaning that Mars bestows its properties of vitality and energy over Saturn which is responsible about hard work. You have the energy to do it, it just needs time to prosper.

Now, what kind of job, well I think I´ve answered that already in another thread if I remember correctly.

One thing to notice here is the compass of your chart: Rahu and Ketu. Ketu, which is about detachment, is placed in your 10H. 10H is about career or more closely to the obligation and the environment of the career; Probably here (and I´ve seen this before in other charts) that a stable workplace is not suitable for you because you hate the "social" aspects of a workplace (the gossip, the backstabbing, the routine and monotony); Any of these might be a No-No for you so probably a stable or a one-place workplace won´t be of much benefit for you. This said though, if it brings money in, maybe a little patience would do. After all, it´s life and we are supposed to go thru such things in life.
Rahi is in Taurus in 4H. Stability in the house. This is what you are yearning for and probably all the talk about work and aspects of work are all related to having stability in the home life. Just be careful: Don´t be too focused on something that you forget the other side of the coin or story. Balance is required.

I remember once (I think via KRSchannel) it is said that to resolve the issues of Saturn is to work on the issues of the house 8 places from Saturn. If we do this to your chart, that´s the 6H, house of routine and servitude (and health) and it is in cancer. Remember just how I said that stable workplace and office might not be good for you? Well, it seems from the perspective of Saturn THIS IS the challenge you need to headbutt with and break down. Meaning, the chart says it is not comfortable for you, but Saturn says: Do it, even if you don´t like it. This is how to resolve the issues of Saturn. At least, according to this theory.
March 22, 2022 at 04:13
I am evaluating my saturn and mars, is it beneficial or not? Curious about coming saturn mahadasha. My career is my primary question here. I wish to predict my career. Is there any steady growth or break there?

I read that saturn and mars conjuction in 10th house never allow you to sit, rather you always grow to next level but as I am just a beginner.

What you can see from your perspective?
March 22, 2022 at 04:05
=====
+ and what aspects they make and how do they relate to the question in mind
March 22, 2022 at 03:45
Yes, it is quite general rule. Better to look they placement and under which sign
March 22, 2022 at 03:32
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
=====
General: Benefics are Jupiter and Venus, Malefics are Mars and Saturn. Also, in Vedic concepts, the Sun can be considered a malefic as well (specially when it comes to the concept of "planet combust").

Then, in Hellenistic methodology, the sect of the chart plays a role, that is whether the chart is a day chart or a night chart (i.e. the sun is above horizon or below horizon). For day charts, the MOST benefic is Jupiter and the MOST malefic is Mars, while for night charts, the MOST benefic is Venus, and the MOST malefic is Saturn.

However, the idea of benefic or malefic can be misleading sometimes. So, I try to understand the energies rather than the naming. For example, Mars, though being a malefic, can at some point signify great vitality and healthy body (because it is significator for the body, vitality and blood). Thus the idea of benefic and malefic is NOT absolute, but it is rather taken within the context of the chart and to what we are trying to investigate within the chart.
March 21, 2022 at 20:26
(Aquarius) JIN2 » Aren Levi
Thank you dear. And I think it will also change according to their placement in the horoscope? I am not sure
March 21, 2022 at 20:20
(Virgo) Aren Levi » InfiniteVoyageXIII&VII
that is general

every asc has their own malefics and benefics.
March 21, 2022 at 20:08
(Aquarius) JIN2 » InfiniteVoyageXIII&VII
It is general rule or you are specifically telling about my horoscope.
March 21, 2022 at 20:03
(Cancer) InfiniteVoyageXIII&VII
Malefic planets are Saturn and Mars. Benefic planets are Jupiter and Venus. Others (Sun, Moon and Mercury) are identifed by looking their aspects to those planets.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Taurus Taurus
Show calendar »