March 17, 2022 at 02:37 (UT/GMT)
(Aries) Bexstar
Placidus or whole house system for synastry
Which is the better system to use when calculating synastry and why? Thanks :1:

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
March 19, 2022 at 22:03
(Taurus) BarbaraV
I use a numerical system to identify the strengths and harmony of planets, houses, signs, and aspects, and it was normed statistically on Placidus. so I use Placidus
March 17, 2022 at 16:47
(Taurus) Sæglópur » Seanfhear
Agreed and amplified. I use Whole Sign system for synastry because it has yielded more accurate depictions of my past relationships.
March 17, 2022 at 09:35
(Taurus) Lancechao
The former is used to judge superficial things, such as the type of job, the appearance of the person, the way of making money, the pattern of feelings. The latter is used to judge the fundamental good or bad, such as the height of a job, the outcome of a relationship, the level of a person´s wealth; For thou shalt see, they have changed the rulerships of the houses :44:
March 17, 2022 at 09:20
(Virgo) LotusStar
I have found equal house to be the most accurate.
March 17, 2022 at 09:17
(Aries) Bexstar » Catch-22
Great,thank you will look into this
March 17, 2022 at 09:16
(Aries) Bexstar » Martin_B_D
Got you! Thanks!
March 17, 2022 at 09:13
(Cancer) Martin_B_D » Bexstar
I meant the Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn.
March 17, 2022 at 09:08
(Aquarius) Catch-22
Campanus :21:

Not specifically for synastries, but Campanus makes a division on the exact moment you are born. Placidus uses a time shift of how it would be like within each 2 hours increment, but at that moment some planets like the moon may not be there anymore. Campanus takes the sky, you see the horizon with the ASC and DESC, you focus on the prime vertical looking south, divide what you see in 12 equal sectors and then make it cut with the zodiac to get a division on the exact moment you are born.

Problem with Whole sign in my opinion is the sudden shift ALL houses make if born just a minute later. My intuition tells this is not like it is. Plus the ecliptic systems ignore a possible inclination to the Earth´s rotational position.

I can argue about systems like Regiomontanus or other spacial division systems, but I reject time systems like Placidus or ecliptic like WS.

But I guess this is different for everyone...
March 17, 2022 at 08:47
(Aries) Bexstar » Seanfhear
Thanks, will look into that!
March 17, 2022 at 08:47
(Aries) Bexstar » Martin_B_D
Thanks, what do you mean by 7 planets only?
March 17, 2022 at 07:14
(Cancer) Martin_B_D
I had been using placidus for almost decade, but since I have switched to whole sign house system, my results are much better. I use it in all my techniques.
For synastry I recommend using whole sign and 7 planets only. It is more accurate.
My philosophy in astrology is accuracy. It is better to say less but more important information. People usually want simple answers to simple questions.
March 17, 2022 at 03:22
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Seanfhear, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I would suggest this:
Have you gone thru past relationships? Do you know their time of birth? If so, study your own synastries in both systems, and see which one clicks better with you and try to use that feeling for future readings

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Virgo Virgo
Show calendar »