i can´t believe i did it

March 16, 2022 at 18:12 (UT/GMT)
(Virgo) rohini moon
i can´t believe i did it
I stopped drinking any coffee beverage in iced form :39:

I drink it HOT now. :83: hot lattes only :83:

I always had a strong aversion to hot coffee beverages my whole life, always opting for a delectable iced instead!

But, the unimaginable has now happened. Hot only - for now!

How do you like it? Hot or iced? Important questions
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)

Posts in topic

Page: 2 1
Sort posts:
March 17, 2022 at 23:24
(Virgo) rohini moon » Wolfmoon
:61: :61: :61: :61:

Right on, my buddy.

Awwooooo :131: :131:
March 17, 2022 at 23:22
(Aries) Wolfmoon
"How do you like it?"

Like my woman. Strong, Bitter and Hot... :2:

I only drink black coffee. Have done for years.
March 17, 2022 at 19:20
(Virgo) rohini moon » Sæglópur
ooh yeah. energy drinks are a big no-go. I stopped ever drinking those over a decade ago (just about) when I realized how awful they are for you.. when I did drink them many many many moons ago, I liked Red Bull.
BLECH is right. Not to mention the horror stories of people dropping dead after consuming more than one of them in a day.

My eyes get real wide if I hear anyone drinks such things today. 👀
March 17, 2022 at 17:01
(Taurus) Sæglópur
Ive never had a specific preference vis-a-vis caffeine delivery. Before the military I drank unsweetened iced tea or battery acid aka Diet Coke (BLECH) because that was mostly what was available. Upon entry into the military I occasionally had various energy drinks but they were full of sugar and other unknown substances (Taurine, for example, has been shown to actually produce a sedative effect on our nervous systems). On my first deployment I mongered these little cans of Orange (pronounced "urnj") Sugar-Free Rip-Its in addition to whatever pre-work out supplements I could lay my hands on.

I periodically drank coffee throughout, usually just with heavy cream or half-n-half. Laid off the energy drinks years ago (they all taste too sweet) and now just drink coffee as described above or tea of various kinds.
March 17, 2022 at 15:57
(Taurus) Boyan
I like my coffee like I like my girls.

SHAKEN NOT STIRRED.

:37: :4:
March 17, 2022 at 04:00
(Virgo) rohini moon » ram_goat
:61:

I found another
Login
(Log in)
March 17, 2022 at 02:22
(Aries) ram_goat » rohini moon
Mad Magazine, 1964
Login
(Log in)
March 17, 2022 at 01:50
(Scorpio) OS* » rohini moon
Im glad not to be the only one :37: :37:

same here and I remember tasting it once, as a teenager :115: l´amertume! I just couldn´t.. I think our taste buds must change over time,

Yep, times have definitely changed. and now I love the taste and smell of coffee!!
March 17, 2022 at 00:45
(Virgo) rohini moon » OS*
"Im not sure what´s the general age but I must be considered a late-coffee-bloomer."

I´m apart of this club too.. when I was a teen, I never drank coffee.. ever! It didn´t even cross my mind tbh - so weird how much things change lol
March 17, 2022 at 00:19
(Scorpio) OS*
I kinda like the french press coffee maker. its super convenient for loose leaf tea or coffee that you can grind fresh. (my grinder can´t do it for espresso, doesn´t make it fine enough) . . .

I also like to get coffee on my way to work, but I think is always best to encourage locals vs the chains like Starbucks :83: :74:
March 17, 2022 at 00:06
I need the strong stuff, I think is why I love espresso :75:

Im not sure what´s the general age but I must be considered a late-coffee-bloomer. people I know generally started in their teens, maybe 16-17
March 16, 2022 at 23:33
Login
(Log in)
March 16, 2022 at 23:29
yes the smell.. the #1 thing wrong with those k-cup machines.
March 16, 2022 at 23:27
I have one of those at-home cold brew maker thingies.. Its alright if you want a cold brew, it was cheap and does the job...

I too make mine at home only.. when I did go "out" for coffee it was only Dunkin.. Not a fan of Starbucks or Keurig´s either.. Starbucks made me violently sick one time about 10 years ago.. kind of put me off to them when I vomited after drinking it.

Keurig´s are too "new school" for me, I don´t like how they taste and it takes the fun out of coffee.. old-school coffee makers where you can actually smell the coffee brewing in your house will never go out of style.. If it ain´t broke, don´t fix it!
March 16, 2022 at 22:58
Always thought these had a cool 70´s Ikea vibe to them but I never bought one.

Sadly, most of the time coffee´s for drinking quick, in the morning.

It´s ruined my associations with fun.

That set looks like it´s made for leisure and slow drinking.
Login
(Log in)
March 16, 2022 at 22:42
I keep it simple..

I can´t remember when I first started. Late in Highschool? But it was
irregular. Honestly I drank BiG Gulps from 7-11 most consistently, well
into my 20´s. The amount of sugar in soft drinks seemed unhealthy to me
at some point, so I switched to coffee.

I make coffee at home so it was also one less stop to make in the morning,
but for years I went sevvie, regardless of time of day, to get my Big Gulp..

I was like a bad alcoholic, paid with exact change because I knew exactly what I´de be getting and how much it cost. It was my morning ritual.

Never been a fan of Starbucks or any coffee place. I don´t even like to be out in public or dealing with anyone before I have had coffee in the morning. How people "go get coffee" in the morning has always puzzled me. I need it to wake up. Forget leaving the house before I have had some.

Decaf- I never saw the point. Never a fan of non-alcoholic beer either.

Just drink the good stuff, in moderation.

Login
(Log in)
March 16, 2022 at 22:29
", I can drink it and easily fall asleep later on."

LOL Yup! Same! It´s funny how that changes.. if I´m really tired, drinking it close to bedtime doesn´t matter at all.. I actually switched to decaf for a short while back in my late twenties.. But I got sick of weak-ass coffee. :61: It´s okay now and again but it´s not what I prefer

You do pose a really good question though, what age did most coffee-drinkers start at?
March 16, 2022 at 22:05
I know :61: for me I think is starting to be age. coffee becomes like water, I can drink it and easily fall asleep later on. vs in my mid to late 20s, I couldn’t drink coffee past noon. or else I’d be up all night.

and oh yes!! The froth is one of the best parts :83: :69:
March 16, 2022 at 21:57
(Virgo) rohini moon » rohini moon
I´m actually looking for a better Espresso machine.. I started looking around awhile ago, but put it off, because the one I have now is working, just getting older and I want a fancier one..

If anyone has any good recommendations, please let me know!

I saw some hi-tech ones I´d like to get, but I can´t justify spending 700$ on a espresso machine, if I did, I´d plan to start a business with it asap. lol
March 16, 2022 at 21:49
I do lattes/cappucino only..I need the froth, lol. Makes me happy! I do LOVE a good ICED Macchiato though...

Yeah I didn´t start until I was in my mid-twenties.. now that you mention it.. it didn´t became an-everyday-thing until I was around 23-24-ish too, I´d say...

Before that I have no idea what I was doing with my life. :61: Before-Coffee life seems unthinkable :83:
March 16, 2022 at 21:45
(Scorpio) OS*
Mmm I love coffee :83: :83:

for me, always hot. same with tea, tho I like cold brewed during the summer.

I only drink espresso, I can´t drink percolatored coffee, it literally gives me the shakes and sweats lol. I´ve had the same little bialetti for idk 15yrs. in order by preference, would be cappuccino (dry), sometimes macchiato and when Im in a hurry, just espresso. Love the taste of good coffee, no sugar needed for me. :1:

Im curious, when did all of you start drinking coffee ? for me it wasn´t until I turned 25-26. is that old lol for a coffee drinker
March 16, 2022 at 20:38
(Virgo) rohini moon » (dragonfly)
So does he, dragonfly...so does he.. :37:
Login
(Log in)
March 16, 2022 at 20:35
I drink it once a day too.. I could drink it more- but I like to try** to minimize the acidity.. but boy, I savor the one I do have. :4:
March 16, 2022 at 20:33
(Virgo) rohini moon » Oracomentisus
My Italian side is swooning. :12:

What kind of ice cream do you make? Favorites? ?
March 16, 2022 at 20:31
(Gemini) (dragonfly)
Caffeine has always flowed through my veins :61:, so after years of overuse, I had to set some limits for myself.

I love coffee both hot black and iced in the summer :83:
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Scorpio Scorpio
Show calendar »