Planetary Aspects

March 16, 2022 at 15:39 (UT/GMT)
(Libra) Rxv
Planetary Aspects
Does the energy of a planet in a sign change through the aspects it´s making?
For example if I have Libra Mercury conjunct Scorpio Venus, does my Mercury still have a libran energy and qualities or does it now have a hint of Scorpio to itself.
I´d be thankful if someone could shun some light on this 🤔

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
March 19, 2022 at 13:16
(Pisces) 1janos
Please note; whatever I write here is only my highly biased, subjective, personal opinion.

First of all, please, disabuse yourself of the common delusional idea, that the planets are somehow affecting you directly, from distances of hundreds of millions of kilometers away. Pluto is at a distance of over five billion kilometers.

There are no magic rays emanating from them, with their "energies" determining your life´s course, or defining your character.

Astrology is descriptive, not prescriptive. It is based on a rather complex system of symbolism, in which the planets represent Jungian archetypes. The qualities of which are further defined by the Astrological signs they are in. The nature of their apparent manifestation can be characterized and refined by the geometric aspects identifiable among them.

The closer to exact those aspects are, the more "intense" those qualities can be described in your life. The Mercury in Libra is not "tainted" by Venus in Scorpio, in spite of the fact, that it is a moderately broad - and therefore weak -, conjunction.

The mixed quality of these two can be identified at their Midpoints or half-sums, which can be identified by the eight harmonic, as used by Reinhold Ebertin.

This field of Astrological research is often neglected, because it requires a significant amount of work. It is called Cosmobiology.
March 19, 2022 at 04:43
(Cancer) Martin_B_D
The sign, from which a planet aspects, doesn´t influence a planet, which receives the aspect, only the planet does.
March 17, 2022 at 13:39
(Leo) BrotherHeron
You still have Libra mercury, which is further influenced by having Venus in conjunction, what it might add however is an intensity or emotional quality to your speech. You may also withhold information for secrecy, diplomacy, or power. And house placement will add another layer to this
March 17, 2022 at 02:14
(Taurus) Rosincvist » Rosincvist
Nine more minutes of arc for :154: to be more :178: than two-signed.
Aught :195: Aught; A deep inner creativity that creeps up like a volcanic Pluton!
March 17, 2022 at 01:36
(Taurus) Rosincvist
:145:Think maximum complexity; A good enough explanation as any for Traditional Astrologers leaving :199:, :159:, & :160: out in the cold inky black night! :43:
March 17, 2022 at 01:00
(Scorpio) YRashawn
To answer your question, Mercury would take on some Scorpio traits through its merging with the Venus. Mercury in Libra themes are still present of course.
March 16, 2022 at 19:23
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Seanfhear, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I´m not sure about Placidus house system (which you are using apparently) but in Whole sign system (each zodiac is a house on its own) when two planets are in different signs, they are NOT considered conjunct EVEN if they were close.
Now, when planets are conjunct in the same sign, it is typical to check which one has a lower degree than the other. The one with the lowest degree is said to (carry) the other one of the higher degree; Meaning, it spreads its influence over it. For example, Moon is coming before Venus in a conjunction, means the emotional side of the mind (moon) is influencing the relationships and some habits in life (venus). If Venus comes before Moon, then we can say luxuries and joys of life quite influential on the emotional status (moon). This is of course in some abstract sense, the whole scheme of the chart must be checked.

This said, I´m not sure if this same rule applies for other aspects, since I heard about this concept of lesser degrees about conjunctions only.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Leo Leo
Show calendar »