Is it True? Asc

March 8, 2022 at 16:58 (UT/GMT)
(Scorpio) JessSezItSoftly
Is it True? Asc
I thought I heard quickly that you can find out somebody´s ascendant even if you dont have a birth time, you just take their moon sign and count backwards 9 months.....

I tried it on myself and the calculation was correct...

So, my moon is Leo (in western), if I count backwards 9 months it brings me to Scorpio and Scorpio IS my ascendant!

I tried it in vedic too and it was correct as well...

In vedic (if I remember correctly)
I´m a cancer moon and a Libra ascendant.

So, if I take my cancer moon and count backwards 9 months, it does put me at a Libra ascendant...

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
March 10, 2022 at 17:10
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » JessSezItSoftly
System message: Post has been written by user Seanfhear, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
the usual rectification is based on noting down important events in the individual´s life and trying to map that out on other techniques like Primary directions, secondary progressions, solar arc (and in Vedic they have other techniques which heavily involve naksahtras or lunar mansions) - all of this is to come by an approximation for the time of birth. So, one of the events that are usually important in any individual´s life is marriage, or death of dear one or getting a job and such things that have direct and significant impact on the individual´s life
March 10, 2022 at 16:38
(Scorpio) JessSezItSoftly » Seanfhear
Yeah, I´ve tried asking his relatives but they cant remember..

If I do the 9month thing it puts him at a Virgo rising and I must say, it does seem to describe him quite a bit....

So, what were you saying about the wedding date thing??
March 9, 2022 at 17:16
(Taurus) Rosincvist » JessSezItSoftly
The problem with :176: Rising identity for me is that :153: is in :173: it´s positive sign rulership.
:175: Regulus is the snapshot of the least :176: part of my chart.
Stationary :199: :191: Haumea is a big differential and Ceres & :160: aren´t too far-off on the first-house side of the Ascendant!
March 9, 2022 at 11:41
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » JessSezItSoftly
System message: Post has been written by user Seanfhear, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I guess your best bet here is either primary directions and/or secondary progressions (and possibly solar arc).
If it´s about your husband then probably you can use the marriage date as a basis for the rectification to find an "approximate" (I quote, "approximate") time of birth. Additional information about the time (if he knows any) would help to adjust further when needed; e.g. if he knows whether he was born around midday, late in the day, or anything of that sort, if he had been told about it by his family.
March 9, 2022 at 09:55
(Virgo) Aren Levi
Moon sign changes too when it comes to birth time. (hour and minutes)

so you have to know birth time and you cant count your rising from Moon if you do not know accurate birth time.
March 9, 2022 at 06:34
(Scorpio) JessSezItSoftly » Rosincvist
What rising are you Ros??
March 9, 2022 at 06:33
(Scorpio) JessSezItSoftly » Seanfhear
Good question about the 9 months or 9 houses... I´ll have to double check that....🤔🤔
March 9, 2022 at 06:31
(Scorpio) JessSezItSoftly » Owlmate
I´m so bummed. I´ve been trying to figure out my husband´s ascendant without a birth time...
March 9, 2022 at 02:58
(Scorpio) JessSezItSoftly » Owlmate
Bummer!!
March 9, 2022 at 02:50
(Taurus) Rosincvist
Weird, someone else might have Ascendant :191: :199: and it would be officially `unaspected´
Maybe if I was born in the Southern Hemisphere I would be Leo Rising!
March 8, 2022 at 17:42
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
=====
Interesting.
Is it counting 9 months back or 9 houses in the chart back?

I wonder what´s the logic behind it (astronomically so to speak) - nevertheless an interesting theory.

UPDATE: Didn´t work for me. Nine months from my birth date is November 1979, and on 17th November 1979 the moon is in Libra, but my ascendant is Cancer.
March 8, 2022 at 17:16
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Owlmate, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Not true for me...

I´m Cancer Asc and Capricorn Moon.
Let´s take the moon then:
1-Sag
2-Scorpio
3-Libra
4-Virgo
5-Leo
6-Cancer
7-Gemini
8-Taurus
9-Aries

I think it is a way too general method to get the Rising sign...

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Libra Libra
Show calendar »