Orbis of transit planets

February 24, 2022 at 18:04 (UT/GMT)
(Gemini) ReaDea
Orbis of transit planets
Hello everyone, how much orbis do you give to transiting planets (degrees applying & separating) when it comes to transit of slow planets and when it comes to angles? :) I usually give 2 degrees (app&Sep) but I have some doubts...For example I feel like Saturn crossing angles can be felt much longer than 3 degrees separating. So, I wanna ask what is your experience / practice? How much degrees transiting planet should be approaching or separating to aspect of slow planet can be felt when it aspect natal planets and when it cross angles? 😊

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
February 25, 2022 at 15:26
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » ReaDea
System message: Post has been written by user Seanfhear, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
good start.
But remember, it might not all fit in as well (i.e. maybe rectifying for graduation won´t be quite good-looking PD or SP chart for the day of first job and vice versa) - so as I said before, it will be all based on approximations and testing

best of luck!
February 25, 2022 at 15:19
(Gemini) ReaDea » Seanfhear
Thank you very much. This is all very interesting. I´ve learnd a lot. I´ll have to test her charts :) date of job is a good idea (I´ll check graduation day too, just to see what is going to be, cause she´s not married yet).
February 25, 2022 at 05:27
System message: Post has been written by user Seanfhear, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Typically, I would rectify to the date of marriage or the date of first job as in my case, but here also it is all an approximation so it is a trial-and-error thing.

For example, I rectified my own TOB using Astro-Seek rectification tool (primary directions) and I used the date of getting my first (and only) job (August 3rd 2005). The closest I could get with primary directions is August 2nd, and it settled my TOB at 1.30.40. The aspect I was rectifying to is Sun :192: MC; Why? Because typically they say the sun shines on the issues of the opposite house (or as they say sometimes, looks into) and in fact the time of 1.30.40 is not far off from the reported time (kind of) but it makes lot of difference in divisional charts because such charts are quite sensitive to time.

However, when I recently checked that in Secondary Progressions, and at 1.30.40 I´ve found out that the Sun is indeed opposing MC but with about 2.something degrees orb.
So, I started changing my TOB to make the sun perfectly opposing MC in secondary progression, and the time came out as 1.23.10 (about 7 minutes difference).

Now, in natal chart, the difference is not quite significant. However, in D9 (or Navamsha) chart, the ascendant changed dramatically and that changes the whole analysis. In first time it was Leo ascendant, and in 2nd timing it becomes Cancer ascendant (all in tropical).

So, at the moment I´m still sticking to the first time I rectified to, and doing some tests on the 2nd time of rectification to see which one would yield better results. In Hellenistic practices though, 7 minutes of difference doesn´t make much impact, but in divisional charts (or Harmonics as they are called in western astrology) can be quite different.

Thus, if you are going to rectify, bear in mind that it is all an approximation and even there, an orb is supposedly allowed; But to what extent? I´m not sure. I usually confine the orb in secondary progressions between 2-3 degrees.
February 24, 2022 at 21:36
(Gemini) ReaDea » Rosincvist
Wow, that´s a wide wide orb.
February 24, 2022 at 21:33
Thanks, I´ll ask her for a significant dates to try to rectify, although I m still learning rectification :1:
February 24, 2022 at 20:07
(Taurus) Rosincvist
An Astrological investigator has pointed out consistent themes for the recent Transitting :199: lower :194:ing the :180: :160: of up to ten degrees in effect that wasn´t very long ago at all! Even the Rosicrucians would say that that is taking orb to the absolute limit!
February 24, 2022 at 19:42
=====
Could very well be.
I´ve recently rectified some time of birth for some family members based on their date of marriage using secondary progression. Seems to give good results I guess. Not sure if it is accurate and not saying it´s sharp, but it´s good so far when I used the rectified time in other techniques and divisional charts - things to be set in place.
February 24, 2022 at 19:38
I asked her. Thank you for suggestion. She gave me the time in the birth certificate. We don´t know if doctor had written exact time, but she says it can´t be more than 3 minutes difference, because her dad called hospital repetedly. But it´s still 3 and half degrees apart. But who knows, she was born in late 80ties, maybe the clock in the labor room wasn´t set right - so its possible that there are some inconsistencies in the certificate :1:
February 24, 2022 at 18:40
=====
Is she sure about her birth time? few minutes can make a difference
February 24, 2022 at 18:32
Thank you for your reply. I use tight orb for secondary progression too 😊 one degree applyiyng one separating... Classical transit to angles gave me a headache today - I was reading a friend´s chart and only aspect that could explain her current situation is Saturn cross Dsc but it is 4,5 degrees apart from dsc (no other aspects in the chart nor in secondary). I was like - "this should be over 2 degrees before"
February 24, 2022 at 18:23
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
=====
to my experience and to what i hear from other astrologers, there is really no fixed value but it all depends on what the astrologer sees; That is a professional astrologer who examined many many charts. So, like one astrologer might consider an orb of 3 degrees another one would consider even 5 degrees (and this is also applicable to planet combustion too).

Also, in my readings about some techniques, like solar arc and secondary progressions, astrologers usually recommend tight orb, like even 2 degrees or 1 degree in such techniques.

So, maybe in time you would figure out the orb that fits your own readings for charts and transits. For me, I typically don´t like to exceed an orb of 3 degrees, and when I work with secondary progressions or solar arc, I even use 2 or 1 even (and i turn off the minor aspects too)

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Cancer Cancer
Show calendar »