Veganism & astrology

January 25, 2022 at 18:25 (UT/GMT)
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user letafet, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====

Veganism & astrology
Do you think certain placements / signs are more prone to eating a vegan / vegetarian diet? Why and why not?

Additionally: if you think astrology does influence one´s dietary choices, likes - dislikes in general (like people who have a sweet tooth), an interpretation of that is also appreciated.

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
January 28, 2022 at 03:02
(Taurus) Rosincvist
First six degrees of :182: is renunciation; Could well include rich heavy foods!
My father had a :151: :191: :155: at the beginning of :172: and never ceased and desisted from vegetarianism from 7th day Adventist childhood to adult Hinduism. Like the series "The Path" portrayed vegetarianism he may have come close to O.D.ing on carbs a few times!
January 27, 2022 at 17:39
(Leo) Zephyrin
Never thought about diet and signs before but I guess have enough observation regarding the relationship between Taurus and food.

One of my friends who have stellium in Taurus is overweight and she loves to eat and have fun. If I asked whether she would be a vegan/vegetarian, she would laugh at me.

My other Taurus friends usually have meat-based diets.

My Taurus music teacher at middle school had become a strict vegan after completing his conscription. We don´t know why, but I think Taurus has all or nothing attitude with meat.

Some of my Aquarius friends hate most kind of meat I doubted that they might be vegetarian. I have never seen any Aquarius Sun who indulge in meat but Taurus and Leo tend to be fond of it.
January 27, 2022 at 17:11
(Scorpio) 2s » letafet
Yeah... I can´t say being a water dominant is rational because simply put, I myself am very irrational with my ways when I feel strongly about things. Even my Earth sign co-dominance doesn´t really help sometimes. Cancers definitely tend to victimize themselves, but honestly it´s justifiable as a lot of people are horrible.

I´m going to contradict myself as well and note Cancer is one of the most loyal and devoted signs of the zodiac once they trust someone and allow them into their lives (like Scorpio!). They will defend those people better than they defend themselves when they really want to. They have amazing emotional intuition when the look out of themselves. So I can definitely see why Cancers would be vegans and vegetarians.

I feel like my case here is, for example, Scorpio is very aware of their own emotions and the emotions of others. It can be hard for, say, Cancer to relate to others when they´re stuck in their own inner emotions (like they don´t take the time to pay attention to the emotions of others as much though they feel very deeply, I hope that makes sense). My argument here would be, let´s say psychopaths or narcists. They don´t really feel empathy, but they´re knowledgeable enough in human psychology and empathy to manipulate people.
January 27, 2022 at 16:57
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » 2s
System message: Post has been written by user letafet, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Well, Cancers can be manipulative of course. Just like any other sign. Where there is emotion, there is manipulation. In Cancerian ways it may seem more deeply - rooted and extreme because Cancers tend to act on emotion and victimise themselves, unlike Scorpios, for example. Rationality doesn´t exist with water signs - let´s be honest here - so it isn´t surprising how their emotional manipulation / narcissism shows more clearly than other signs.

I also have to admit Cancers can be very self-centered or even narcissistic (this seems contradictory to what I just said, but wait), I believe it is the result of ruling one planet (Moon) all on its own. I use classical astrology, which means I discard Pluto, Uranus, and Neptune when it comes to rulerships. Each planet is ruled by two signs but the moon & the sun are both only ruled by Cancer & Leo. This may be a reason why.

As for inner emotions - how can one have empathy for others if they are not connected to their own emotions though? Isn´t this where empathy comes from? I think the more deeply someone is connected to their inner emotions, the better they can empathise with others.
January 27, 2022 at 16:22
(Scorpio) 2s » letafet
hmmm, you´re right in the fact that water signs are more connected towards the inner emotions, however, connection towards inner emotions doesn´t always equal to empathy in my opinion. I say this because most Cancers or Cancer moons, although they have a good position, tend to consider their own feelings and use their emotional understanding for subtle manipulation, so although they do have a brooder understanding of the emotional ranges of other people, they don´t always consider things from the point of view of others. Additionally, they may use their emotions and sensitivity against other people and be more focused and inclined towards victimizing themselves (this is coming from a water dominant point of view, and from traits of signs plus personal experience). Although Cancer is the sign of care, they need to get out of their own shell and play less defensive, which takes time, and since they lack more rationality it may be hard for Cancers to realize anything than how they naturally feel.

although earth signs have a more realistic and practical approach towards life, I´ve realized earth signs are a lot more empathetic than a lot of people will consider, especially Capricorn and Virgo (more the latter due to their tendency of detailed analysis) and because earth signs are receptive and negative signs like water signs. I can definitely see your point towards water signs and I do believe they and earth signs more more prone towards becoming vegan and vegetarian compared to the more positive signs though.

yes, Mars rules Scorpio (or co-rules depending on your view) and Moon rules Cancer! It would be friendly in each other´s places. Although Cancer has motherly instincts, it many be hard for them to make that connection due to their nature to draw into their own emotions.

Honestly it depends on the chart, as certain signs don´t always remain at the bottom or top, east or west of a chart. The first half of the houses though (1-6) are known to make from their own efforts and want to stay away from the limelight. the upper half indicates drawing from the environment and a orientation towards public life (7-12). additionally the west symbolizes the importance of relationships in life and the east symbolizes focus on self (which Cancer lies in). This is from astrologists I read from and looked at, but you can always argue your case ofc!
January 27, 2022 at 15:56
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » 2s
=====
Hi! Thanks for your comments above (I totally agree), I wanted to reply to this to try and explain why I also think it´s more of a Cancerian trait.

Actually, I think that water signs in general have a tendency to be more empathetic than other signs (especially earth / fire), but with Cancer, I find that it´s deeper. You´d have to look into its symbolism to understand: it is the sign of "care", nurture, and a deep emotional bond. The 4th house is also associated with both birth and death, cycles of life.

Mars falls in Cancer, Moon falls in Scorpio. Ever thought about the correlation between the two? The former is because of what you said, Cancer is a defensive sign. But the latter is much different - Moon falls in Scorpio because Scorpio wants to let go, to move on, to transform; to turn something into something else; but with Moon it is about one´s dearest things in life, like children. But children cannot be left or abandoned, or forced to change; a separation between them and the mother is not possible (in the early years: moon years). But to separate is also essential: to be an individual, to leave home, to leave your mother and start your own life. That´s also why Mars falls in Cancer.

So Cancer feels this bond with everything around them. To treat everything / everyone like they would treat their children.

As for its position in the chart: it is neither fully self-indulgent or the other way around, really. The first three signs and their opposites represent the part where they either deal with themselves or draw from their environment (fully). So it would be the houses 1-2-3 and 7-8-9. Therefore, the houses 4-5-6 and 10-11-12 are said to be something in between.
January 27, 2022 at 14:21
(Scorpio) stevia81
I´m an aspiring vegan.
January 27, 2022 at 14:20
(Taurus) Lykke85
Pisces in House 6 can have an influence :)
January 27, 2022 at 13:44
(Scorpio) 2s
Hello! My answer to this is definitely yes, but the lines can be very blurry. I say so because some signs are more associated with fitness and protection of the environment, and in addition to this, all the signs have their particular character traits. Also, health astrology is a thing that´s interesting enough, as signs rule certain parts of the body and have been said to help determine correct dietary choices for people.

An example I can think of right now is that signs such as Virgo (being ruled by the 6th house) are probably more likely to obsess over taking care of their physical body in a ritual and routine way. Additionally, Virgos are known to be highly detail critical, so there are probably higher chances people with more Virgo in their charts will realize the inhumane reality of the way meat is created and marketed today and become vegan or vegetarian (or pescatarian) than, say, Aries. Additionally, signs like Sagittarius and Cancer are known to have more of a sweet tooth, as Sagittarius is the sign of benevolence and is ruled by the abundance planet Jupiter (so they´re probably more likely to enjoy rich foods high and calories and abroad). I´ve also stumbled upon a lot of astrologists claiming certain eating habits are better for certain signs. In the case of Scorpio, it´s said that seafood will usually treat us better, and eating a moderated amount of food several times a day instead of sitting down for big meals. In my case, I can say that´s true, I´m not very into meat and am a pescatarian, fish and other types of seafood are generally more appealing to me. I don´t really like milk or eggs either, and I have a Virgo Venus and Earth co-dominance (more awareness of what I´m putting into my body).

This is just my observation but I could always be wrong ofc ahahaha.
January 27, 2022 at 10:24
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Oracomentisus
=====
Very insightful, thanks for sharing. I find that Virgos are very health conscious - as many others mentioned before - and tend to go for more extreme diets like a fruitarian diet. A little difficult to find balance with mutable signs.
January 27, 2022 at 07:54
(Virgo) gurthbruins
Looking through the replies, I see Virgo mentioned most. That accords with my experience. I´m a Virgo - and a vegan - myself. Virgos are health-conscious and sensitive to diet. I feel much happier on this diet, which started when I was 35: more than half a century ago. I´ve never eaten meat since then, I have had periods when I included dairy foods, but been about 99% vegan for the last few years.
January 26, 2022 at 19:09
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » GeminiTorch
=====
I´m glad you find the question valuable. I don´t have anything to add - I agree with you. My main purpose when posting this was to determine how those altruistic motivations show themselves in a birth chart. I believe an abundance of water in a chart may be a sign, not entirely sure.
January 26, 2022 at 18:39
(Gemini) GeminiTorch
very interesting subject. lots of "food" for thought. I had no idea the 6th house represented animals. I find the choice to be vegan/vegetarian really boils down to the humane makeup of the soul making the choice. Thank you so much for asking this question! (and I´m not saying meat eaters are inhumane, just that veg/vegi folks usually have altruistic motivations for their choice of diet)

torch :173:
January 26, 2022 at 16:11
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » moonlike347
=====
Well that´s... interesting. I´m a Virgo rising and I don´t like meat. But my best friend who is a Taurus loves meat (she is a foodie actually) so I´m guessing it´s mostly for Virgos.
January 26, 2022 at 15:57
(Virgo) moonlike347
I used to be vegan for quite some time, even if I loved meat as a child. I have to agree on Virgo placements and vegan diet, I know a Virgo rising who doesn´t like meat even if she isn´t vegan.
January 26, 2022 at 01:15
(Scorpio) OS*
virgo rising, saturn rules the 6th (sun rules the 12th) they tend to be particular about their health. what they eat, etc.

I´ve been mostly vegetarian all my life. I was vegan for a few years but developed health problems, anemia. Im vata, so I need to be careful I take enough protein. . .

Im not sure if there´s a rule of thumb but is how I see it in my chart.
January 25, 2022 at 18:46
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » letafet
System message: Post has been written by user Seanfhear, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
rica ederim
January 25, 2022 at 18:43
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Kisses
=====
6th house is said to represent animals (pets actually), but I´ve seen some people disagree with it. I agree they are part of one´s routine but I feel that they are more represented by the 5th house (much like one´s children).
Majority of vegans are vegan because they care about animals I believe.
January 25, 2022 at 18:38
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Seanfhear
=====
Very interesting comments on rahu - ketu, especially on the disordered eating end. I find it very insightful. Thanks!
January 25, 2022 at 18:35
(Virgo) rohini moon
Vegetarian..

Been one since I was 21 years old.

Hasn´t changed once.
January 25, 2022 at 18:31
(Scorpio) Kisses
2nd house should be checked for food intake and values
6th house should be checked for routine, health, and also animals (since some vegans are vegan because they care for animals)
January 25, 2022 at 18:30
(Virgo) Aren Levi
I was once thinkink about this too,

Reason can be either health related or by own choice.

I would say making own choice of being a vegan or vegetarian is mainly influenced by some lovey-dovey placements for animals or to life itself.
January 25, 2022 at 18:29
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Seanfhear, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
not sure about combinations but check for Venus and Jupiter (specially in 1st and 2nd houses) if you want to check about indulgence in foods
then you have rahu which is usually represented by a head without a body so it doesn´t get satisfied however he drinks or eats, so this can be somewhat a parameter for eating disorder of some sort (depends on the rest of the chart)
Ketu might be the opposite of rahu - seen it in the 2nd house few times and typically shows loss of appetite more or less.

but as for veganism or vegetarian, I´m not really sure. probably they are related to ketu as well

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Taurus Taurus
Show calendar »