How midpoints are calculated ?

January 23, 2022 at 20:03 (UT/GMT)
(Pisces) 11
How midpoints are calculated ?
I’m confused about how composite chart midpoint is calculated..
Can someone explain?

With most people, who have Libra/ sco asc, I’ll have Virgo asc in composite chart. But with one person I have Pisces asc - the opposite axis.

Seems like most times it chose shortest / shortcut midpoint. But are there exceptions?
Why is that? :63:

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
January 24, 2022 at 14:43
(Pisces) 11 » Petr9
Thank you for explanation!
But when I thought I understand, now I don´t. :41:

I still don´t quite get this part:

"Houses and angles (ASC/MC) might sometimes get a chaotic/reversed order if you use the short-arc method"

Why is that they can come out chaotic?

And under what conditions could I have for example :178: ASC with someone, by using MC as arc midpoint in settings?

Cause usually it is only :172:
January 24, 2022 at 13:51
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » 11
System message: Post has been written by user Seanfhear, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Welcome :)

Here you go, Petr put the explanation at full for you and tips :)
January 24, 2022 at 13:42
ASTRASTRO-SEEK ADMINSEEK Admin, (Taurus) Petr9 » 11
- 1) Planets are always using the short-arc midpoint calculation in Composite chart and there is no problem

- 2) Houses and angles (ASC/MC) might sometimes get a chaotic/reversed order if you use the short-arc method

ASC / 8th / 3rd / MC / 5th / 12th ...

instead of:

ASC-1st / 2nd / 3rd / IC-4th / 5th / 6th

and so you must choose:
- if you want to start with ASC short-arc midpoint and adjust the other houses including MC (you will use MC long-arc midpoint);
- or if you want to start with MC short-arc midpoint and adjust the other houses including ASC (you will use ASC long-arc midpoint);

https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/m…
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
January 24, 2022 at 12:40
(Pisces) 11 » Seanfhear
Oh nooo :42: migrants are the worst..

But thanks, you helped me a lot! :76:
January 24, 2022 at 12:28
System message: Post has been written by user Seanfhear, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
lol not today, I´m coping with migraines at the moment *facepalm*
January 24, 2022 at 11:00
(Pisces) 11
so the answer seems to be,
because this specific person´s MC point has bigger degree than my MC, and that short distance between his own MC-ASC axis made the composite ASC to flip, choosing the shortest route.

omg :61: maybe Seanfhear can explain it better, if anyone is interested!
January 24, 2022 at 08:11
=====
i think i kinda figured it out - check inbox
January 24, 2022 at 08:05
(Pisces) 11 » Seanfhear
ah ok, I´m just confused, why the shortcut track is not a consistent thing. Even if I check with people who have same asc degree, results are different.
January 24, 2022 at 07:55
=====
well I really don´t know how composite work or what they are specifically used for, but from the options available it seems that astrologers have their own ideas about how to use this tool apparently.

Anyway, mathematically speaking, the way to measure the distance between two degrees is as i´ve mentioned above. If the short-arc or shortest distance between the two degrees is required, then we check first the distance between the two degrees; If it is larger than 180, then definitely there is a shorter distance (regardless of the direction of the zodiac which starts at 0 Aries). If the midpoint of the short-arc is needed then we calculate the midpoint as usual, but we flip the final result to the opposite sign.
January 24, 2022 at 07:47
(Pisces) 11 » Seanfhear
omg, yes , now it´s different. So, which one is the correct? :61:
But I used same method with all people, but with only one I have different result.
So there is a some specifict angle thing in his own chart?
January 24, 2022 at 07:43
=====
can you give me the ascendants?

i have an idea that it might be what is happening (did you check the extra options for calculating the midpoints in the Composite Chart calculator?)
January 24, 2022 at 07:42
(Pisces) 11 » Seanfhear
Yes. By this method it should be Virgo ASC, but it´s Pisces ASC with the person.

That´s why I´m asking, are there exceptions, where it´s calculated in a different way?

I just don´t get, why it´s flipped :63:
January 24, 2022 at 01:59
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
=====
you have to convert all degrees to absolute degrees of the circle which starts at 0 Aries.

Let´s say your asc is 26 :174: 28
and person B asc is at 20 :173: 40

Your asc is at 90+26´28´´ = 116´28´´ (90 degrees is the start of :174: ).
Person B asc is at 60+20´40´´ = 80´40´´ (60 degrees is the start of :173: ).

Now, to calculate the midpoint, we sum up the two and divide by 2.
MP = (116´28´´ + 80´40´´)/2 = 197´8´´/2 = 98´34´´

Which coincides with 8 :174: 34

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Taurus Taurus
Show calendar »