what does solar arc directions show?

January 16, 2022 at 22:14 (UT/GMT)
(Taurus) Dilanakia
what does solar arc directions show?
Do any of you know what is solar arc directions used for? There is a calculator in this platform but I didnt understand what should I be looking at on the solar arc chart?

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
January 17, 2022 at 02:03
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Dilanakia
System message: Post has been written by user Seanfhear, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Yes they are different.
In Secondary Directions, the sun and the rest of the planets are moved forward in real movements. For example, a sun would move 1 degree per day (neglecting Naibod or Cardan adjustments for the moment) and this movement is considered representative for one year of a person´s life. Likewise, each planet in the chart is moved a specific amount of degrees (or seconds) according to its real movement per day. I´m not sure of the numbers here but to make it simple: The sky map for the 40th day after my birth, would be representative for me at the age of 40 years old.

In Solar Arc, the whole chart is moved according to the movement of the sun. For example, at the age of 40, the sun in my chart is moved 40 degrees (again, neglecting adjustments of Naibod or Cardan), and the whole chart is moved accordingly for 40 degrees as well (which results in an unreal sky map actually).

As for the interpretations and how to work it out between the two methods, this is somthing I´m experimenting with myself actually. But my guess is that, as in Vedic practices, it is a matter of "parameters". Meaning, if you see or think you see some event or some energy in one method, and find something similar in a second method, then this is like an emphasis about such event would occur (or had occurred in case you are studying the past or rectifying birth time). I am even thinking about the solar return and the annual profection and wonder if they can be worked together with these 2 methods. Some astrologer here told me that Annual profection method doesn´t work alone and one has to check the solar return chart in combination with the annual profection to get an idea of what is expected during the year of the individual´s life for that particular time.
January 17, 2022 at 00:02
(Taurus) Dilanakia » Seanfhear
Thanks a lot. I will check a little more.

Is it any different than secondary progressions. Because 1 year moves 1 degree on progressed chart and you said it’s the same for solar arc. But then how come I have different signs 😅

Also I use secondary progressions to look up a specific event in future already so I don’t get how solar arc can add to it .
January 16, 2022 at 23:42
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Seanfhear, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
It is a general time-lord technique like the Secondary Progression, where the sun is advanced a degree or a day per year of an individual´s life. At some point it can be used for birth time rectification as well.

From what I gathered around the net about this method is that it can be used separately on its own. Reading the chart (and specially hard aspects, at a small orb) to predict or tell the energies at a specific point in time.
On the other hand, some astrologers stated that Solar Arc is to be used as a complimentary method with the Secondary Progressions (or Secondary Directions) to yield more information or to emphasize something in the Secondary Progression method.
January 16, 2022 at 22:18
(Sagittarius) Sagit
Noel Tyl popularized this notion.

Has books on it.

Useful in the 4th harmonic.

Conjunction, square, opposition, sesquisquare.

Challenge, action, result.

The most pressing concerns.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Leo Leo
Show calendar »