Do you guys pay special attention to Nodes transits?

January 13, 2022 at 17:15 (UT/GMT)
(Scorpio) anotheralex
Do you guys pay special attention to Nodes transits?
Hello people!
So I´ve been wondering for a while if it was worth to analyze nodes transits through sign and houses?

exemple: Ive been trying to detach from many things , from relationship, from enjoying the 5 sense to much, from all kinds of attachements but on the other side I´ve been questioning if I wasnt going a bit too far, seeing my North Node entering Taurus seems to say that yes im going to far for now.

I also just went through my natal NN opposing transit NN and wasnt sure how to see it. :63:

what do you think?
do you analyze your transits nodes ?

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
January 16, 2022 at 18:56
(Scorpio) anotheralex » OS*
Ill elaborate what meant by that Im just hate writting on my cellphone it take so much time 😨
It end up belng pretty similar to your definition.

By life calling I meant the things that you feel a urge to do but its new, you dont have necessarily the tools to get it, or know how too, but you have this kinda urge to go in this direction.

Where as the south node, its already inherent in your personality, often due to karma, past life experiences that you brought with you, but its often not necessary in this life so you brought it back cause you hadnt learn how to let it go and you came to learn just that.

Thats what I meant but I must admit tjat I find your explication more complet, more in respect of the law of the universe.

Im not sure I could say Life calling is subjective to me its your soul mission, if your are aligned with the universe your are doing it.
January 16, 2022 at 16:34
(Scorpio) OS* » anotheralex
well is the small gist of how I´m learning to understand them, and also reflects better than approach of life calling to me. life calling could be subjective, idk, I feel is more the whole chart which is the life calling. I see nodes more as themes or concepts of death, rebirth, transformation and regeneration. . .

there´s surely many symbols, but rahu being head without body and ketu body without a head. and symbol of serpent biting his own tail makes them "connected" together. the lessons of rahu ketu are found by trying to "control" those energies. if not, there´s major unbalance, body cannot function properly without the head and vs versa. analogy.

just my perspective. theory. how would you interpret nodes ? the life calling and leaving sn behind ?
January 16, 2022 at 16:10
(Sagittarius) Psyle » anotheralex
As you said the houses are more personal and the signs are more collective : they have a global significance (mundane astrology).

Ketu has just finished moving through Sagittarius (4th June 2020 - 22nd December 2021). That period of time which came with the covid crisis brought all the ideological skeletons out of the closet : conspiracy theories, political turmoil, vaccine debates (dark side of Sagittarius). Long distance travel was difficult (Sagittarius) while local networks thrived (Gemini). The key was about letting go of the urge to be “right” all the time (South Node in Sagittarius) and concentrate on the details (North Node in Gemini). To be resolved a health crisis needs concrete information, science and precise decisions (Gemini).

Now Ketu is entering Scorpio (the sign of its exalation). The next 1.5 years will be about shadow work, emotional healing, and deep seated collective fears. Deep traumas and repressed memories will be the new skeletons coming out of the closet. There will be power struggles, relationship conflicts, and issues about collective ressources. The key will be about letting go of irrational fears (South Node in Scorpio) and focusing on being grounded in material reality (North Node in Taurus). A simple solid daily routine, a work ethic which builds our personal material foundations (Taurus) will enable us to process all that emotional turmoil stemming from the past (Scorpio).
January 16, 2022 at 15:13
I had never heard of that concept but its very enlightening thank you !! 🕊
January 16, 2022 at 15:10
(Scorpio) anotheralex » RamesesX
Thank you I like Dane Rhudyar Ill definitely take a look
January 16, 2022 at 15:10
(Scorpio) anotheralex » Psyle
Woh the 2 Sagittarius comes with the alchemical gold ! thank you for this flow of knowledge, it is enlightening!.

I am indeed finding social responsibilities through my work and it helps me finding my balance at home ( having my first solo appartement and I literally call it my temple ) a place of creativity and rest.

But I see you talk mainly about the houses and not the sign, I guess the houses are more personal and signs more collective but the energy of the sign is still there, if we talk about elements, having rahu in earthy taurus and ketu in watery scorpio could be interesting to analyze 🤔
January 16, 2022 at 13:42
(Sagittarius) Psyle » OS*
That´s the point. Rahu, the head with no body, needs Ketu, the headless snake, in order to digest its achievements in the opposite house. Transiting Rahu needs the opposite house (Ketu) to be fulfilled. The frustration only comes when you are looking for results within the house of Rahu. This is why karma yoga advises us not to get attached to the fruits of one´s actions.

Why is Rahu seen as life´s calling ? Because when the Moon (mind) in its orbit approaches Rahu it starts moving towards the Sun (consciousness, future).

The Nodes trigger eclipses and that´s when the earth´s shadow is projected onto the Sun or the Moon. This defines the spiritual process of shadow work where the Sun integrates ancient memories (Earth) in order to attain a spiritual rebirth at the end of the eclipse. This event is also known as the dark night of the soul or Nigredo (the Black phase of alchemy leading to the White phase of rebirth and spring).

Western philosophy focuses on material gains and Eastern philosophy focuses on spiritual gains. A harmonious life requires a balance of spirit and matter. Moksha (spiritual liberation) is not the only purpose of life, it´s only the end result. If Moksha were the only purpose of life then it would mean that all of God´s Creation (Lila Shakti the divine play) is useless. The realm of Maya aka magic and illusion (Rahu´s domain) also serves a divine purpose. Take it from me being a Rahu-Sun and a Ketu-ASC.
January 16, 2022 at 12:17
(Taurus) Sephora1005
I’m New to astrology and just heard a podcast about the nodes so I checked my nodal return. I had 2 so far.

On the exact month of them I moved country. First from France to German, where I lived for 15 years, then from Germany to England, where I have been living for the past 14 years, and the next one is in 7 years, I am already planning to go back to France, going full circle.

I was very surprised that something that is not even material, like a planet could affect you so much.

I do pay attention to the nodal change in signs. I for now I only pay attention to the NN, and I have noticed that it did only bring good things in relation to the houses it went through.

I still have a lot to learn.
January 16, 2022 at 12:04
I know NN is like your lifes calling
and SN what you need to leave behind ( thats really simplify )"

yes, I´ve heard this, I understand what you mean. but I don´t really resonate with this theory. perhaps something about western philosophy I do not get.

to me, rahu ketu represent the best and worst parts of us, representing the psyche. one end is the desires from past life that were never met, and other is past life issues, or qualities that were developed in past lives. both points want dominion as theres a pulling force from both ends. and when left unchecked, creates an imbalance, brings struggles or tyranny into our lives. to me, the lunar nodes represent the shadow side. sun represents consciousness and moon is the mind, which forms the nodes of the moon. so both are like the merging of consciousness (sun) and mind (moon) together. rahu ketu urges a sense of taking control, from both sides for it to be balanced.

when an eclipse occurs, is the only time you "see" the lunar nodes, here on earth, physically, and at this moment you are left in the dark. . . I see them as the shadow "planets"

I don´t see nn as life calling. if the aim is rahu, this part will never be fulfilled. rahu is a head with no body. you can keep feeding it and feeding it, is had no way of processing (digesting) anything you give it. it just feels empty, constantly chasing for more and unable to appreciate what it accumulates.

anyways, this is my way of seeing

to understand the transit effects is still something im learning about (including my comprehension of the nodes, and astrology) but one thing is sure, they are extremely potent.
January 16, 2022 at 11:31
(Sagittarius) Psyle
Picking up on what Rameses said, while the natal nodes define your overall soulpath (the karmic lunar ego moving towards the dharmic solar being, The Alchemical Marriage of the Sun and the Moon), the transiting nodes highlight the current step with respect to that overarching soulpath. The current step of material manifestation (NN: alchemical "Coagula") and spiritual liberation (SN: alchemical "Solve"). The alchemical axiom known as "Solve (Ketu) and Coagula (Rahu)" says that by solving fixed forms (letting go of old material attachments) you will coagulate new volatile forms (manifesting new dreams). The Tao Te Ching also says that everything comes to you once you stop desiring all of it.

The house of the transiting North Node shows the area of life which needs your active focus , where you can manifest material prosperity and new skills [alchemical coagula]. Good actions within that house will accumulate new positive karma which will get redistributed in the house of the transiting South Node. Reversely, lack of good actions can create negative karma in the house of the transiting South Node and such issues can force you to focus on the transiting North Node. When the transiting North Node conjuncts a natal planet, life is asking us to put an active focus on this planet in order to develop its latent qualities. This planet can then be used to attain the soulpath (natal North Node).

The house of the transiting South Node shows the area of life where you must let things come to you naturally with the least amount of resistance [alchemical solve]. Here you must let go of material attachments and use Ketu´s good and bad karma in order to unlock the North Node´s achievements. When the transiting South Node conjuncts a natal planet, life is giving us opportunities, karmic encounters, either pleasant or uncomfortable, which should be used to serve the North Node´s agenda.

Example : The South Node is entering your 10th house and the North Node is entering your 4th house. Life is giving you new social responsibilities (H10) and fulfilling these will require the entire strength of your inner being and the nourishment of your private life (H4).

The transiting Nodes make up a 18 year cycle.

The Nodal return (North Node on natal North Node) offers a leap into the unknown, into the future, a new cycle of becoming. New seeds are being sown.

The Nodal reversal (North Node on natal South Node, 9 years after the Nodal return) is the half-way point of the cycle and it represents the emergence of the past into our present life. It´s a time of harvest where all the karma becomes actualized and old karmas need to be resolved. Life is giving us opportunities to move towards our North Node while we are asked to unravel old memories.

The first square of the Nodal cycle (North Node hits the point of necessity, 4 years after the Nodal return) is asking us to focus on "the point of necessity" which shows us how we can redistribute the gains of the North Node to other areas of life. Like with all squares it´s a period of action.

The last square of the Nodal cycle (North Node hits the point of commitment, 14 years after the Nodal return) is asking us to focus on "the point of commitment" which shows us how we can move beyond the comfort zone of the South Node, how we can evolve and complete our spiritual growth. In all cycles, the last square is always a period of reorientation, preparing us for the next cycle and its nodal return.
January 16, 2022 at 09:51
(Sagittarius) RamesesX
The nodes transit are really powerful (especially during eclipse season), let alone the natal nodes.
They are great indicators for the evolutionary process of the persona/ego (connected to the moon).

Here´s a couple excerpts for ya from one of Dane Rudhyar´s articles:
"Much can be made in most cases of the transit of the nodal axis through two opposite houses. The indications thus obtained do not supersede the basic significance of the natal house positions of the nodes, but they introduce a temporary focusing of deeply rooted forces within one´s unconscious forces referring somehow to his culture´s or his past — in the specific area of human experiences represented by the houses."
[...]
"In Part One of this article, mention has been made of contacts between the transiting nodes and the natal planets. These can often be shown to bring out into the spotlight the types of activities represented by the planets. A North Node transit should bring to the individual relatively new challenges. Powers which belong to humanity at large or potentialities inherent in his personal nature but as yet unactualized are then asking for recognition and use. The South Node transit may bring a more spontaneous and effective release of these powers but also may confront the individual with their negative aspects or with the outcome of their use.
The effect of a transit of the nodal axis is especially noticeable, I believe, when it occurs on a natal planetary opposition, for then the two (or more) planets in opposition are touched.
"
http://www.khaldea.com/rudhyar/…

Powerful stuff yeah, the last series of eclipses happening on my AC-DC axis shook the trajectory of my life to the core and I love it :99:
Cheers!
January 15, 2022 at 23:01
I took a look and me too I got this SP moon :191: Ketu in 2016 and these were rough year for me too .

Ill have Venus cunjunc NN in 2023 :16: hahahah

well I was curious ffor a while of how to interpret it

I know NN is like your lifes calling
and SN what you need to leave behind ( thats really simplify )

but in transit its hard for me to make sens of it
January 15, 2022 at 22:54
(Gemini) Straight.to.the.midheaven » anotheralex
No problem, man. Wish your celibacy feels liberating. Good luck!
January 15, 2022 at 22:49
(Scorpio) anotheralex » Straight.to.the.midheaven
thank you for taking the time to make a quick survey, I guess as Psyle is saying, Ill stay aware for the next year while the SN In passing over my stellium, to me its already starting to be a rough year energitically ( mars cunjunc SN ) sexually also, I´m trying celibacy for a while.

Im curious about SN cunjunc pluto O.O´ yawe
January 15, 2022 at 21:22
(Sagittarius) Psyle
Ghost-like Ketu has recently entered spooky Scorpio (its exaltation). Prepare to be seriously haunted with that Scorpion stellium of yours. That´s coming from a Ketu-ASC and Mercury-Pluto (me). Do report back in 1.5 years when Ketu will have finished its transit.

This Halloween season has been very long. First with Venus in Scorpio (september) then Sun and Mars in Scorpio (october-november). And now the grand finale with Ketu in Scorpio.

My friends have been having strange occult dreams (Ketu just hit their natal Pluto). My routine has been quite ghost-like and surreal (Ketu just hit Mercury my ASC Lord). It feels like a mini Ketu-dasha chapter to be honest with life sinking in a surreal fog. Although Ketu still gave me good karma coming from my sister (Mercury) and friends (Mercury again). But my mind is absent (Mercury) and I´m obliged to let go (Rahu moving in my 12th house) or else I´m going to be sick in 3 months when Ketu hits my natal Pluto in the 6th house.
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
January 15, 2022 at 16:54
(Scorpio) OS* » Straight.to.the.midheaven
for sure! I could only imagine

sp moon conjunct sn ketu was most difficult for me I´d say, suffered so many losses. and in transits, rahu was in 12th and ketu 6th.

I´d also like to hear from others,

this is a good topic @anotheralex :15:
January 15, 2022 at 16:21
(Gemini) Straight.to.the.midheaven » OS*
Yeah, worth to do some more significant statistics. I would like to read opinions of others.

Actually I can´t talk separately about progressed Moon on my South Node, cause it was there in the same time as my progressed Sun. Maybe that´s why it affected my life so strongly in terms of 12th house.
January 15, 2022 at 15:13
(Scorpio) OS* » Straight.to.the.midheaven
very interesting you mentioned this, thank you!

I didn´t even consider progressions. most of my personal planets will take quite some time before it could make a conjunction to natal nodes.

except moon. moon changes every 2.5 ~ years in progression chart. :64:

I looked at years, dates, when these occurred. progressed moon conjunct natal nodes were extremely difficult periods for me. so yes, definitely major influence and ongoing for quite a while, effects for years as you mentioned.

this might be worth taking a closer look into.
January 15, 2022 at 10:21
(Gemini) Straight.to.the.midheaven
In my experience and from my understanding progressed planets conjoining natal nodes have major influence which takes effect for years.

As for transiting nodes.. my attention was directed to special events like nodes-planets conjunctions in solar return horoscopes, or conjunctions with natal planets during days something new and important started.

Astronomically, transiting nodes pointing to the area (axis of two areas) where real-time Moon are hitting ecliptic month after month after month and I intuitively feel there may be a strong influence in conjunctions with the natal planets.

I did a quick survey. Let’s see.. when Dragon’s Head (NN) was in area between my natal 4th house Moon and IC, I was building the whole interior of my new apartment with my father and my father has Ascendant in the same place like I have Moon. Another example, north node on my Mars-Venus conjunction was accompanied by intense stuff that can be expected from such a conjunction, but when the Dragon’s Tail (SN) arrived on my Saturn a few months later, I was rather disappointed by my previous enthusiasm.

I’ve never researched transits of nodes in detail, but it looks quite promising to me. I also think the same about nodes in the synastry.
January 15, 2022 at 03:32
Ya for synastry I find nodes really interesting, my mother and I have quite interesting nodes synastry, even tho I didn’t needed astrology to see that my mother and I have a Huge karmic connection our synastry seems to scream it.

thank you Ill pay closer attention 🧐
January 15, 2022 at 03:21
yeah, started slow by reading a few comments here, and what I could find online. recently been delving into books. I feel much more inspired, similarly to when I started numerology. and I love numbers.

looking back at important periods, in the astro transits there was always something with rahu~ketu. just tonight, I was having a convo with a friend about lilith& pluto in synastry. mainly the control and obsessions issues, she was saying is lilith/pluto energy and turns out all the synastry charts had nodes conjunct to a planet, often asc, venus or moon. she´s probably right about lilith pluto, but I think nodes have something to say there..

for me it´s both, from the natal and by transit, im starting to pay less attention to outer planets. or those that are unseen.
January 15, 2022 at 02:52
When you say « coming from uranus neptune and pluto » you are talking about transits or natal? For me its hard to make sens of nodes transit, like have my south node transit my scorpio 10th house would mean what? 🤔

On another notes, I saw you are going deep into vedic! Thats so interesting I wish I had the time and energy to dive in sometimes
January 14, 2022 at 11:41
(Scorpio) OS*
if you feel like you´re going too far, might be a sign to slow things down. .

yes, I do look at the nodes in transit. and Saturn. I also believe that whatever I thought was coming from uranus, neptune or pluto transits can be explained much better by rahu-ketu :161:
January 13, 2022 at 21:58
(Taurus) Rosincvist
Malorrus the Radio Astrologer shows that the four (occasionally more) most important :27: transits to the nodes are responsible for the notorious wobble; A topic in BOTH Astronomy and Astrology!
Nodes, Lilith, the maroon Moon, Vertex are all because it is normal for Terra-firma to have more Moons than it does!
If we are doing what we are supposed to be doing in this life the nodes aren´t bumpy!

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Cancer Cancer
Show calendar »