Mahadasha/Antardasha experiences

December 27, 2021 at 19:37 (UT/GMT)
(Sagittarius) Sus
Mahadasha/Antardasha experiences
Hi guys,

So to vedic followers, I´d love to hear about your dasha experiences.

I´m going through Rahu dasha since 2007 and oh boy!! What a rollercoaster :85:

Does anyone here who wants to share their experience? Is that true that jupiter brings better times in its dasha?
What about Saturn dasha? My SO is going through it and its been rough

Posts in topic

Page: 2 1
Sort posts:
January 5, 2022 at 16:05
(Capricorn) Datta108 » Sus
Thank you,it was a great great loss for me that I´m still tryin to deal with🙏🕉🌻
January 5, 2022 at 16:01
(Capricorn) Datta108 » LotusStar
Thanks for your kind words on the loss of my spiritual teacher🙏

Yes,the bhukti lord has to be analyzed completely to give indications of what he will bring.

You said that venus periods give you trouble but you have venus in the 12fl house,a dustana house of losses, expenses, endings,etc..!!! And conjuct a first rate natural malefic Ketu!!(some say Ketu is good in the 12fl mostly for spiritual/metaphysical reasons only)

Also you have to see if Venus is beneficial for your Rising sign (venus is usually not considered favorable for Jupiter ruled lagna´s)... And yes Jupiter and venus, even though they are first rate natural beneficts are not friends to each other as they belong to different camps(Jupiter is considered Sattvic and spiritually minded, high philosophy and God´s grace, ruler of the deva´s(angelic realm) while Venus is materialistic, hedonistic bent on senses pleasures and enjoyment and luxuries, the ruler of the asura´s,demoniac types who are enemies of the deva´s)

Jupiter/Sun,with Sun in the 11th should have brought some gains and wish fulfillment for you,its a mutually beneficial period for many since Jupiter and Sun are friends, but one must see what house sun rules, where he is placed, etc...

From the look of it it seems you have a good understanding of the basics in how to determine Dasa/bhukti results, but Jupiter/rahu is tricky imo.

I think for material gain and wealth it can be the absolute best sub period but Rahu can effect the mind and bring some type of deep dissatisfaction or disappointment that is hard to put a finger on, but Rahu in the 6th is said to be favorable generally speaking.

Since Jupiter/Rahu is a long period, try looking at the Saturn and Jupiter transits while its goin on.(If Sade sati or ashtama Sani or Arda ashtama Sani is operating than one should prepare for some negative results or if Jupiter is in the 1st,3rd,4th, 6th,8th,10th or 12fl house from natal moon possibly negative occurrences also.)

IF both Saturn AND Jupiter are having unfavourable transits during Jup/Rahu I would say there´s a 75 percent chance of inauspicious results for most particularly if Rahu is in the 8th or 12fl house.

The crux of the issue to determine Dasa/bhukti results is to see if the planets that are operating are temporary beneficts or malefics for your Rising sign ,just because Saturn or Mars dasa is goin on for someone doesn´t always mean unfavourable results as Mars is usually an excellent graha for Cancer Rising or Leo Rising Or Pisces Rising etc..because he rules good houses for those lagna´s and brings good results during his dasa(depending on his placement of course and his dignity in the chart)...
January 5, 2022 at 15:03
(Scorpio) Kisses » LotusStar
I’ve been in an easy Mahadasha - Mercury - for the past 12 years and there have still been some challenges within it

Next one for me is Ketu Mahadasha starting 2026
January 5, 2022 at 15:00
(Virgo) LotusStar » Kisses
Lol lucky you! By then you’ll have all the wisdom to deal with it probably. I heard from many astrologers that the Ketu and Rahu ones are the most difficult… probably along with Saturn, which is next for me :facepalm:

I was also going through a hard Pluto transits during the entire time of my Rahu dasha so maybe that also didn’t help.

Not that the Jupiter dasha has been a bed of roses either since it rules my 6th and 3rd house but not as bad as Rahu, not even close…. 😶
January 5, 2022 at 14:45
(Scorpio) Kisses » LotusStar
Your experiences make me happy that I won’t be going through Rahu Mahadasha till like 2078 😌
January 5, 2022 at 14:34
(Virgo) LotusStar » Sus
Same here! I almost mentioned it but didn’t

Rahu/ketu was the worst

It was like I was stuck in a bad movie and no control over the shitstorm that kept happening

But I just wasn’t as surprised by the fact this would be a hard one as I was with Venus

All I can think is the natal house placement of 12 could be why… 🤔
January 5, 2022 at 10:47
(Sagittarius) Sus » LotusStar
Fuuny cause venus also brougth me mixed results. Although I´m Bharani moon, venus its in my 12th house along rahu.
The worst period of my rahu maha was ketu antar. I married during rahu/rahu.

Divorced during ketu sub period and started a new relationship during venus sub period. Still running. So, I wonder if this relationship will fade away after rahu dasha end.
January 5, 2022 at 10:33
(Sagittarius) Sus » Datta108
Sorry to hear about your loss :9:
January 5, 2022 at 08:03
(Virgo) LotusStar » Datta108
Thanks Datta, I feel like I learn a lot from all you write

I entered in end of sept of 21 my last Jupiter/Rahu dasha. Do you find the antradasha gives greatly more focus or results depending on the house they are placed in? I have rahu in 6th and noticed since then focus became much more on this topic of work and 6h topics. I had my best period during my Jupiter/Sun one and Sun is in my 11th house in Leo, it was a bright fun period overall, too bad only lasted a year…
For some reason I notice I struggle under Venus antradashas, despite her being a benefic, she’s in my 12 house conjunct Ketu. Or maybe because Jupiter and Venus aren’t friends
But for example during Jupiter/Mars mahadasha I didn’t struggle much, though he’s a malefic but he’s friends with Jupiter and in my 11 house

What is one to expect from Jupiter/Rahu? I heard one astrologer say this one can make dreams come true…

I’m sorry to hear you lost your mentor under that one :(
January 5, 2022 at 03:32
(Capricorn) Datta108
Jupiter dasa/Rahu bhukti: "Beginning of the end"

Rahu bhukti is the last sub period of Jupiter´s dasa before Saturn dasa starts and it´s a mixed,tricky period to contend with.

On one hand,finances should be very very good during it with gains,promotions etc.. but mentally and emotionally there can be some severe situations to deal with. Some astrologers say this is the most "crooked" of all Dasa/bhukti´s

When I went through it I started to become somewhat more complacent about life,not remembering how bad Rahu dasa was years earlier. I started dating again and lessened my spiritual activities and wasn´t in contact as much with my spiritual mentor who was going through major health problems.

Materially I was doin the best in my life but I was discontent and a weird feeling of apathy was present that I couldn´t shake. My mentor was in and out of hospitals on the other side of the country and I was havin a hard time staying in touch with him so i became restless.

The relationship turned out to be disastrous and reminded me of the endless relationship problems I had during Rahu dasa.

Then I got a call saying my mentor was in the hospital again which initially I downplayed because he was always in the hospital constantly but a few hours later he had attained Maha samadhi,his final end.

I was beyond devastated and crushed and simply couldn´t believe he would leave. Rahu made me come to terms with this great great loss that I didn´t see coming but now realize that Jupiter (spiritual master, transcendental wisdom etc..) was combined with Rahu(the outcast, the appalling one who takes away at the end of his period) and I lost my spiritual mentor,one of the biggest losses of my life.
January 4, 2022 at 02:01
(Capricorn) Datta108
I also went through Jupiter Maha dasa and it was comparable to heaven on earth compared to Rahu dasa.

Out went the hectic hedonism and fluctuating craziness of Rahu and in came stability, peacefulness, spiritual insights and realizations and God´s grace of Jupiter.(I have Jupiter exalted at 8 degrees Cancer, 3 degrees away from his deepest exaltation btw)

I remember counting the days before it started, I had my heart set on it because it was like a distant beacon calling me with Hope!!

Hope of finally settling down and becoming financially independent with peace of mind and heart and leaving behind the pain and chaos of Rahu dasa.

A few months before it started I went to see my mentor and asked what he thought it would bring and I remember him writing down all these nice pleasant predictions for Jupiter/Jupiter/Jupiter like "The end of your troubles ",dawn of fortune, "fresh opportunities", success in your field" etc.. that finally, finally, got me out of the hellish situation of Rahu´s last few bhukti´s (which all came true!)

But I do remember him saying I had to wait until a favorable Jupiter´s transit to see really good results which came over a year later which resulted in a great job which led to expansion and opportunities and a very successful period of my life.

One thing that stands out at the very beginning of Jupiter dasa(the first few weeks) was that I received some unexpected royalties from past work that I´d forgotten about,approximately $2,000.

When I told my mentor the good news he was a little disappointed, he said he was hoping for alot more than that and recommended more spiritual remedies for Jupiter, particularly wearing more Gemstones for Jupiter and more yellow colthes and continued fasting on Thursdays particularly when Jupiter in transit was unfavourable.

He was trying to amplify Jupiters benefits for me because even though I have Jupiter exalted, he is retrograde and in the 6th house which detract from his power. I was bent on doin as many remedies as possible, but as Jupiter dasa unfolded it was done naturally and without fear and became part of my life and I changed as a person so much my friends and family couldn´t believe the spiritual metamorphoses I went thru,it was truly a divine blessing thanks to my spiritual teacher.

All in all,those 16 years were paradise compared to any other period of my life, generally speaking it was easy goin,tranquil and filled with its best quality, stability.🙏🕉🌻
January 1, 2022 at 03:06
(Capricorn) Datta108 » Sus
Jupiter dasa (if he´s not the lord of the 6th,8th or 12fl) should bring completely different energy than Rahu dasa,actually they are completely poles apart. Jupiter represents God´s grace and deep spirituality that can save one from the worst, Jupiter is Guru,the spiritual master who removes the darkness of ignorance and shows one the way out of materialistic life.

The spiritual master is like God´s ambassador who loves his devotee and is willing to suffer for him. Yes I was greatly fortunate to have met a spiritual mentor during the hell of Rahu dasa!! I can never repay him in a thousand births and I´m forever in his debt...

Rahu/Mars is traditionally considered inauspicious because they are two first rate natural malefics, and the last bhukti of any dasa is not seen as favorable but as unstable as the old energy of one dasa makes way for the new,a transitional phase of life that can bring instability and multiple issues.
But if Mars is a benefict for your chart and Saturn and or Jupiter is favorable in transit then there´s not much to worry about.

If things are tough worship of Durga or Hanuman is said to reduce problems in life along with doing Homa and temple worship especially on Tuesdays and Saturdays.(years ago I mentioned doin a Homa for Rahu in a temple and my mentor agreed, actually after Rahu dasa was over he said "By reading the Srimad bhagavatam regularly and doing a Homa for Rahu, this has saved you from the worst of Rahu dasa")

So try to live a spiritual lifestyle as much as possible, no arguements, no heated conversations, remain at peace,no intoxicants or gambling or anything illicit, living like a holy devotee during Rahu dasa is the best remedy to get thru it.🙏🕉🌻
January 1, 2022 at 01:38
(Sagittarius) Sus » Datta108
Namaste
Geeezz Datta 108 I almost feel your words as if you were talking by my side.

I really hope jupiter will bring me that enlightenment and sweep away this rollercoaster.

I´m glad you found a guru who guided in difficult times.

Thank you for sharing your experience. Rahu/mercury rahu/ketu and rahu/venus were the worst. Next will be rahu/sun. But if you say the last antardasha were the worst...oh dear...

Wish you the best
December 31, 2021 at 22:10
(Capricorn) Datta108 » rohini moon
Yes true,you cant mask the pains with temporary so called solutions, I actually did that for years thinkin if I can just get smashed I would get thru the tough times and finally see success.
But after meeting my spiritual mentor he said the complete opposite!!! I had to completely change my way of living in order to become successful in life,drinking, drugs, gambling, sleeping around were actually making things worse for me!!

He said "you have Jupiter exalted, you must become a first class human being with sound moral character to keep on growing " which I took to heart and gradually did over the decades hopefully...

By following a simple spiritual sadhana, reading holy books and books about saints, going to holy places regularly, giving donations and charity without any want of return anonymously, giving up sense pleasures, meditating on God and daily prayers and reciting Mantras can do wonders if done with the most important thing,sincerity.

In this age the easiest way out of samsara,the endless cycle of birth, disease, old age, death is through devotion and love of God,other ways aren´t as easy and were for people of different past yuga´s thousand of years ago.
Ramakrishna, Sivananda, Yogananada,Satchiandada etc..all said love and devotion of God is the key, and chanting the Holy names of the Supreme is the only way to get out of Samsara in this current age of Kali yuga we are in🙏🕉
December 31, 2021 at 21:11
(Virgo) rohini moon » Datta108
"Yes tough times and powerful miseries can push someone towards God consciousness"

Definitely, that´s how I came wired into this world. A lot of people, (especially in our western society/culture) want to run to intoxicants when troubles / bad times come. For me, that´s not the thought, it´s the opposite, the thought is, "I need help, from the divine." From God.
Something outside of this earthly realm is my only thoughts on what can "help" alleviate the pain.

You can´t mask the pain or suffering with a temporary solution that is harming you. It would be a continuous cycle over and over again of not learning anything, learning lessons, etc. that´s the whole point of us being here, over and over again. Otherwise cycle of Samsara will keep playing on a continuous loop.

"When the student is ready the teacher appears "!"

I love this saying! One I use a lot in real life. :4:
December 31, 2021 at 20:49
(Sagittarius) Sagit » Datta108
Thank you.

A lot to digest.

I will check it out.

Thank you.
December 31, 2021 at 20:42
(Capricorn) Datta108 » Sagit
Namaste a quick way to gauge these dasa/bhukti periods is to see what houses Saturn rules in your vedic chart.
For example, if Cancer is Rising Saturn becomes lord of the 7th and 8th houses, 8th house being probably the most difficult, challenging house (along with the 6th and 12fl.)

Plus Saturn and moon are completely different energies that dont mix very well, they are not considered "friends " to each other so it is safe to say Saturn Dasa/bhukti may give disappointments and unfavourable effects to the person with cancer Rising especially if Saturn Is in a "unfriendly sign" or is placed in a sensitive house,conjuct a malefic, etc..

Do the same for the bhukti planet,see what houses he rules and where he is placed, if he is a friend to your ascendant lord, and also count how many houses away Saturn is from mercury in the chart ( if they are 6th,8th or 12fl from each other,its not considered favorable )

There are more rules to determine the outcome of Dasa/bhukti´s, but this is a quick way to tell🙏🕉
December 31, 2021 at 20:25
(Sagittarius) Sagit
I think I´m Saturn/Mercury at the moment.

Just entered the Mercury part on October 17, 2021.

Don´t know much about this.
December 31, 2021 at 20:20
(Capricorn) Datta108 » rohini moon
Yes tough times and powerful miseries can push someone towards God conciousness, I´ve wondered how during the period of Rahu I met a Holy man/monk from India in my neighborhood!
But as they say,"When the student is ready the teacher appears "!

He actually told me during Rahu dasa that "you will not recognize yourself in Jupiter dasa,you´ll become a different person " and I just couldn´t see what he was alluding to,but indeed I completely changed my habits,lifestyle, behavior during Jupiters dasa.(I went from being a drunken lush sex hunter in Rahu dasa to basically a temple going,mantra chanting monk during Jupiter dasa,Jupiter being exalted aspecting Saturn my lagna lord in Pisces, which is ruled by Jupiter.

And not only is Saturn in Pisces, but in Poorvabhadrapada nakshatra, ruled by Jupiter!!!

So now I can see why he said it,but Rahu dasajust brought so much confusion and instability I couldn´t foresee it...
December 31, 2021 at 16:02
(Scorpio) Kisses » Datta108
I go through Rahu Mahadasha when I’m in like my 70s hahahaha

But the funny thing is, I’ve noticed my Rahu is really connected to government and military pursuits. A lot of ambition when it comes to politics and leadership

I went through a time of being obsessssssed with working in government. I even met some officeholders to discuss being a public servant - mainly during my Mars and Rahu antardashas because Mars rules my Rahu in Aries - Krittika

I have a feeling that once I’ve accomplished other goals such as becoming super rich and famous from music and business and enjoying life and all that, I will probably be involved in the political sphere.

It’ll probably start when I enter Sun Mahadasha because Sun rules Krittika and exchanges nakshatras with Rahu for me since my sun is in swati. I think sun Mahadasha starts around 47 for me
December 31, 2021 at 15:26
(Capricorn) Datta108
Also I can add that Rahu dasa brings "insatiable worldly desires " for many who go through it,where the person will always be discontent in what they have,always wanting more(money,position,name,fame,sexual partners etc..)

Rahu/rahu,Rahu/Saturn,Rahu/Venus,Rahu/moon are notoriously difficult but crazy things can occur in any bhukti depending on the chart.

Rahu/Mars is the last bhukti and brings the chart under "dasa chidram",the unstable period of one dasa ending and a new dasa beginning, I´ve read that some astrologers warn thier clients to avoid making big life changes in this bhukti and wait until Jupiter dasa is underway.

Jupiter dasa is a completely different energy (I´ve been through it) from Rahu"s materialism and confusion and instability, I´ll write about it at some point🙏🕉
December 30, 2021 at 02:20
(Virgo) rohini moon
It depends on how you look at it...Jupiter can be positive for sure, but positive may only come from something bad.

I entered in my Jupiter dasha in 2010. Currently still in it...

They say Jupiter is a "heavy" planet.. when the heaviness does come, it´s explosive. My Jupiter is in Sagittarius, second house, rules over my 2nd and 5th houses. So it´s in pretty good dignity.. I still endured many hardships. Good times were there, too..material gains etc. But some of the darkest times of my life so far were experienced in this Dasha. Many losses to death..

There is light at the end of the tunnel though. Tough times push you towards spirituality, religion etc. gainful wisdom through learning/knowledge...something Rahu dasha did not do for me.
December 30, 2021 at 01:41
(Capricorn) Datta108
Namaste I´ve been through Rahu Maha dasa from 19yrs old to 38,Rahu in 3rd house in Aries in Bharani nakshatra ruled by Venus who is placed in the 12fl.

Runaway rollercoaster is how I can best describe this Long, mostly unfavourable Dasa.

Almost immediately when it started, my life took drastic changes.
I dropped out of college and got a good paying job in Manhattan working in a building that Paul Simon and other celebrities lived.
I started doing drugs and drank constantly, hanging out at clubs and bars to all hours and started playing clubs all over new York as a musician.
Within a few months I went from playing in front of a few dozen people to thousands in larger clubs and theaters.
I got a record deal a few months later at 19 years of age and the rollercoaster really started to pick up speed,but delays and mismanagement brought great disappointments and frustrations in life.
This was all during Rahu/Rahu the first bhukti which brought near fame and fortune but ultimately distressing frustration.

Rahu/Jupiter brought name ,fame, distinction and good accomplishments and travel opportunities, one of the top 3 periods of my life.

But there was still alot of delays in the business I was in and it seemed every other year brought me back to square one which was starting to become exhausting even though I was in my early 20s.

Rahu/Saturn gave mixed results, on one hand it brought new opportunities and financial gains but also a major car accident (that I escaped uninjured ) and deep relationship problems with at least 3 different partners.

Rahu/mercury was grueling in some ways,at first it brought good money gains but only after a ton of effort, but finally caused the end of a 10 year business concern that gutted me,mercury being the lord of the 8th house.

Rahu/Ketu gave feeble results, nothin great just more dissatisfaction, delays and disappointments.

The next few bhukti´ brought me to my knees where I lost everything and anything but I met my spiritual teacher from India, Rahu/Venus was so appalling bad it set me on my spiritual path in full earnestness.
By this time the Saturn transits were also horrible being in my 8th and 9th from moon which compounded all my problems greatly.

It is said that Rahu takes away everything he gives at the end of his Dasa,and he took that and intrest from me!
The last couple of bhukti´s were filled with legal issues, court cases and bankruptcy and were extremely difficult and unpleasant, the only good that came of it was the birth of my son and meeting a holy man who became my mentor, astrology teacher and guide thru the dark night of the soul that was my Rahu Maha dasa🙏🕉
December 29, 2021 at 03:52
(Scorpio) Kisses » OS*
I use lahiri but I’ve never really paid much attention to it tbh
December 29, 2021 at 01:43
(Scorpio) OS* » Kisses
can I ask which system you use ?

Lahiri seems to be mostly correct, but things shift quite a bit depending on the ayanamsa :25:
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Gemini Gemini
Show calendar »