Can someone easily explain the concept of "Yod"

December 15, 2021 at 13:14 (UT/GMT)
(Aquarius) Catch-22
Can someone easily explain the concept of "Yod"
I don´t find an article on the net that uses clear language, it´s always a bit fluffy.

TIA

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
December 19, 2021 at 15:32
(Aries) JayJayAstrology » Catch-22
Good! I´m glad.
December 19, 2021 at 14:16
(Aquarius) Catch-22 » JayJayAstrology
Thanks, that helped!
December 18, 2021 at 16:00
(Aries) JayJayAstrology
There´s a good book on yods - The Yod Book, by Karen Hamaker-Zondag, which gives a thorough discussion. The most useful interpretaion I have found that works for me - is that the apex of the yod needs to sacrifice something - let go or release something. It is usually a good thing - something that needs to be let go of, whether we thinks so or not. In hindsight, I think we see the sacrifice as a good thing. The quincunx aspects to the apex ask for an adjustment to be made - and I think that the yod is just a stronger version of this. It probably makes it a done deal - I mean - the person has no alternative but to accept the adjustment or sacrifice or release - that it´s going to happen, so we may as well ask ourselves what the benefit is. I personally think there´s always a benefit, even if there is a sense of loss.
That´s my take anyway.

I do western astrology readings, dream interpretation, and mind-body healing by a donation of your choice - and classes at reasonable rates. Sign up for my newsletter! NEXT CLASS: HOW TO PROFESSIONALLY INTERPRET A NATAL CHART, Course 1 - begins Saturday, February 5, 2022. https://thesoulmustsing.weeblysite.com/…
December 16, 2021 at 09:16
(Capricorn) Joanna Suzanne
Good question. I couldn´t find any useful explanation to understand the yod. On Wikipedia it´s more clear.

December 16, 2021 at 08:54
(Taurus) Rosincvist » Catch-22
That is good for a Wikipedia article and updated only several weeks ago!
I don´t refer to my double biquintile as a "Golden Yod" because it might go to my head!
I think it is trying not too plagiarize twentieth century examples that put the apex planet in :171:!
December 16, 2021 at 07:18
(Aquarius) Catch-22 » Rosincvist
Actually, and this I didn´t expect, the best "cut the crap"-explanation is on Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…

This makes it all clear and understandable. No fluffy bullshit.
December 15, 2021 at 15:48
(Taurus) Rosincvist
Let´s start with the entomology, I mean etymology!; Yod is a Hebrew vowel, but with only 22 letters in the Hebrew alphabet there are no complete vowels allowed so it is a consonant! That is the clearest statement you shall get about "Yod"!
Someone pointed out Astro-Charts as the most notorious source of making "anything" resembling the letter Y called a Yod!
Originally the Yod was a partile aspect five signs apart; Intelligent Example `my chart´ with :154: at 16 1/2 :171: while Vesta is at 16 1/2 :176:, exactly one more sign and it would be an opposition with a tiny orb! Unlike the :192: the :195: doesn´t know how deep it is, so a :198: planet also :195: an apex planet forming a letter `Y´ creates a double jeopardy.
Loose orb quincunxes to :156: in my chart most would call forming a Yod, however I believe :160: is too far into :176: to make it an important configuration!

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Virgo Virgo
Show calendar »