Enjoying heat and spices

December 4, 2021 at 13:16 (UT/GMT)
(Pisces) 11
Enjoying heat and spices
I´m checking Ayurvedic tips, and all the cooling foods: cheese, creams, green tea + fats, proteins is what I crave.
I even started eating apricots (cool food) 2 years ago. I always hated apricots..

Naturally I started avoiding all hot foods: spices, beans, broccoli, ginger, garlic, apples and so

It´s like a heat allergy.

Does it have anything to do with Mars? It´s transits, periods?

Mine is :174:, I don´t deal well with this (noticed 2017-2018). Heat (in general) causes headaches, hot foods -skin rashes.

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
December 5, 2021 at 17:22
(Taurus) nutelina » 11
Indeed milk! Good one. There are at least two more. :3:

Thank you! This is great. Good work.
December 5, 2021 at 12:31
(Pisces) 11 » Originallyweirdbutnormal
:61:

You received the lucky ticket in life then
December 5, 2021 at 03:01
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Originallyweirdbutnormal, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I have zero allergies, I can eat anything and I can sit eating food with Bhut Jalokia and Scorpion pepper in just fine. I have my limits but they exceed normality...

From what others are saying here, I don´t think they know either, I have a Moon - Pluto opposition, Moon is exalted and Pluto domicile, Moon is trine to Neptune, Uranus and a very light Saturn trine, square Mercury and ascendant, conjunct Vesta, a wide conjunction to Mars.
Sun is conjunct exalted Jupiter both conjunct Chiron, both in opposition to a domiciled Saturn.

I eat anything from meat to fish, from fruit to veg.. the only dislikes I have are dates / prunes & olives.

I do have a good natural pain tolerance though... it has to be severe to put me down, heck I got smashed in the head at work with a bin lid that dazed me and almost knocked me clean out yet I carried on working like nothing happened until I got told I have blood coming out of my head.

Spoke to my manager and he asked me to tell him how many fingers he was holding up, he stuck two up and I said fuck you too to him. He said you are fine and I carried on.

Not just that but it was a night shift and people needed me, my 6th house Sun & Jupiter are emphasized to be of service (Ex soldier too).
December 5, 2021 at 00:51
(Pisces) fishscales » LotusStar
"I feel weak and imbalanced without.I don´t eat meat a whole lot but dont give it up."

Yes, I agree that that is true in most people´s cases.

The old school American thinking of "meat 7 days a week" is ridiculous though. I think maybe it was more of a status thing. Not the best thing for health though.

Everything in moderation, and some things more or less than others, depending on your individual needs.

But in general, you can tell what you´re supposed to eat by the kinds of teeth nature put in your head...
December 5, 2021 at 00:48
(Virgo) rohini moon
I would tend to agree with you on the vegetarian thing.

I have been a vegetarian for 16 years now. It´s fared pretty well for me. Yes I have a Sun/Venus in Virgo and Saturn in the 12th house. I attribute Saturn in my case just as much as my Virgo placements for my dietary choices.

I became a vegetarian before I knew anything about Jyotish. I discovered many years later that 12th house Saturn natives do the best when they maintain a vegetarian diet and stay away from intoxicants. All of those I do, I stay away from intoxicants for reasons having to do with seeing those I love suffer from such issues.

I enjoy salty foods. Definitely more savory based, than sweet.. I guess it bears mentioning I have Jupiter in Sagittarius in my second house.
December 4, 2021 at 17:24
(Pisces) 11 » LotusStar
I think I’m pitta.

Ahh sun... how to explain it? I have Saturn and mercury in same house with sun (Vedic). Soo Saturn also aspects 2nd house and could be the reason why I like cooling foods? :23:

I read that to strengthen sun u need more heat producing foods.
December 4, 2021 at 17:12
(Virgo) LotusStar » Aren Levi
Well explained, that is true for me... what reaches most for, yup.
December 4, 2021 at 17:01
(Virgo) LotusStar » 11
Have you tried to see your type? Pitta, vata etc?

Could be Mars but I actually think more so - SUN.

The Sun is *the* hottest planet, it burns much brighter than Mars. In vedic the Sun burns the house it is in.

So it could be related to Sun. For me I like to feel warm, but can´t be in the Sun long or I get severe headaches and heat stroke too. I´m quite pale so maybe it´s just because of genetics, but Sun is also afflicted in my chart and in Vedic is my highest degree planet in Leo sign and Sun ruled nakshatra on top...

You definitely have Sun/Leo ruling 2nd house in both western and vedic so it could be good to avoid that in terms of heating food and go to cooling stuff to balance. I think makes sense actually.... But not sure about the physical heat, maybe that´s tied to Mars in 12 somehow.
December 4, 2021 at 16:29
(Virgo) Aren Levi » LotusStar
i would say 2nd house and its connections can show majority type of food one will consume in his life, "what he reaches the most for"

Venus would suggest detail or direction of favourite type of food and maybe "guilty pleasure food"

Moon is that part of us that decide in which direction to go and in what capacity we enjoy those food.

its like when you are hungry you :

1. think of your favourite food firstly ( combination of Moon and Venus )

2. you mostly actually get ( 2nd house and its connections )
December 4, 2021 at 16:26
(Pisces) 11 » LotusStar
Yes true, Lotusstar! 2nd house rules food matters. I have leo there and should be into spice? I do like the taste of it and in past I could tolerate

But my topic was not only about food. I don’t tolerate heat well in general. Maybe it’s just coincidence. But I replied to one post about headaches and it made me think, how after every hot bath, every sauna and in hot weather I experience bad headaches , so I thought probably mars related..

Hot foods became an issue too, so thought it might be connected.
December 4, 2021 at 16:14
(Virgo) LotusStar
I thought eating has to do with 2nd house... I have Saturn there and it rules salt, oils, cold and dry foods. And indeed I tend to love salt, and also dry/hard stuff like crackers lol .. also like cold food. Some spicy as well...

I have Virgo stellium, I wanted to be vegetarian at times but only for ideological reasons, and some of what Fish was saying I totally agree we can overthink this topic... So for morals reasons I wanted, but I can´t do it, I feel weak and imbalanced without.I don´t eat meat a whole lot but dont give it up.
December 4, 2021 at 15:04
(Pisces) 11 » nutelina
I would guess it´s milk? :152: conj :164: in Taurus.. or Vedic Aries (not liking cool foods that much).
Moon rules sea food also!
December 4, 2021 at 15:02
(Pisces) 11 » fishscales
"Yes, meat is a "fire food", especially red meat."
Ah ok , then it´s smth else.. Cause red meat is my fav.

I guess I have allergy mainly from hot and spicy things, like ginger, peppers, garlic!! But even other "hot" foods in the Ayurveda list, I mostly avoid them.

That´s very interesting about plants and lack of energies.
December 4, 2021 at 14:59
(Virgo) Aren Levi » nutelina
if you have a "lot of" food intolerance it is case of reading D27 which takes too long and i dont have time

but i wonder - how do you deal with pies and buns ?

And what about potatoes ?
December 4, 2021 at 14:47
(Taurus) nutelina » Aren Levi
I have had a lot of food intolerance, maybe you can find out which they are? I´d be curious if it relates to my birth chart somehow.
December 4, 2021 at 14:37
(Pisces) fishscales » 11
"ohh.. but I love meat. Is it a heat food? :61:"

Yes, meat is a "fire food", especially red meat.

"I always thought Virgo is the most vegetarian sign, cause they need pure energy food."

There are different kinds of energy though, all neccesary. The problem I´ve found with Virgoan dietary habits is that they tend to intellectualize them too much. They also tend to create a kind of "religion" around eating, that I think can be counterproductive to actual health needs. I´ve always thought the cause of this was the Pisces polarity. They would do better to let the intuitive side of Pisces guide their dietary decisions, rather than the idealistic side of Pisces.

"And those who don´t have much fire can live well without meat."

I´d have to disagree with that, based on experience. I´ve known some vegetarians with a decent amount of fire in their chart who fared well. I´ve also known some who lacked fire in their chart and could be described as unhealthy...and I am including mental and emotional health here, along with physical, since all are interconnected.

"But based on your theory I´d need to crave heat foods, since I lack fire in my chart"

We should be careful not to confuse "heat" as a taste, and "fire" as an element, or energy, in food. Red meat is not "hot and spicy" in and of itself, although it is a fire food.

Also, I don´t even know I´m correct in saying that spicy foods are associated with the fire element, although it does make sense. I think I´ve read somewhere that some spicy plants are associated with the air element, but I´m not sure about that.

Here´s another interesting thing:

I´ve read that you can figure out which plants are ruled by which zodiac sign by their appearance... ie, plants ruled by Gemini look like the hands, plants ruled by Leo look like the heart, plants ruled by Pisces look like the feet and toes, etc.

I need to find the complete list.

Anyway, presumably this could mean that if you lack the energy of a certain sign in your chart, you could compensate by eating foods ruled by that sign...
December 4, 2021 at 14:12
(Pisces) 11 » fishscales
ohh.. but I love meat. Is it a heat food? :61:
this also changed only few years ago, before that I was indifferent about it or even disliked.

I always thought Virgo is the most vegetarian sign, cause they need pure energy food. And those who don´t have much fire can live well without meat.
But fire people need meat.. and crave spicy

Those are ofc huge generalizations with little (but some) truth in it

But based on your theory I´d need to crave heat foods, since I lack fire in my chart
December 4, 2021 at 14:03
(Virgo) Aren Levi » fishscales
i would say you are into "hot-food"

cause your vedic Venus is in Aries and your Moon i 5th house ( leo house fire )

i would not recomend balance your whole energy state of body by "alien" energy - your spiritual metabolism will deny that food and show it on your body
December 4, 2021 at 13:58
(Pisces) fishscales
I tend to look at it like this:

The elemental constitution of your chart should be rounded out, or balanced, by the foods that you consume.

For example, if your chart is weak in fire, you would do well to increase meat and spice intake, and any other foods associated with the fire element.

If your chart has abundant fire, ease up on the meat and spice intake. Fire doesn´t need to be supplemented in that case because it is already present in your energetic constitution.

Same pattern for all the other elements.

But, what I´ve found is, people´s tastes don´t neccesarily gravitate towards foods that represent the elements they are lacking in their chart. Sometimes they do though, like in my case. I only have two fire planets, and I´m attracted to foods associated with the fire element.

I´d say the bottom line though is to listen to your body. Eat what you feel you need to (I´m excluding processed foods and refined sugars here...no real reason to eat those), when you feel you need to, and in the amounts you feel you need to, and you´ll be OK.
December 4, 2021 at 13:33
(Virgo) Aren Levi
I would not say Mars has anything to do with food preferences

its Moon or Venus ( mind and taste )

your moon and Venus have both water-earth energy which would suggest no desire for spicy stuff - hot food

Saturn gives rashes, Mars gives acne

also when your head ( 1st house cancer ) ruler is Moon - your head is truly influenced by food.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Cancer Cancer
Show calendar »