Learning Aspects

November 9, 2021 at 16:19 (UT/GMT)
(Leo) isabelflores
Learning Aspects
I keep on getting confused on how to apply or translate aspects in one´s chart. I recently listened to the Astrology Podcast´s episode on the five main aspects. From my understanding,
A trine, the most beneficial aspect, appears between planets of the same element, they bring out the best qualities of planets but can become lazy because of how "easy" they can become. I recall that Chris relates this aspect to Jupiter.
A sextile happens between air and fire elements or water and earth elements
A square happens between modalities and represents areas you need to put more action into or where you find motivation from
An opposition happens between opposite signs and they pull the worse qualities from each other, need to learn how to balance them.
Conjunction appears when planets are on top of each other in a chart, blending the qualities of the planets together
From the meanings of the aspects do I then apply the qualities of the planets and the aspects to determine the meaning? For example, I have a Leo Sun conjunct my Leo Mars, so my core identity blends into the drive of Mars? Maybe I need to have a better understanding of the planets before I dive into aspects. I´m rambling, but does anyone have any other recommendations for learning about aspects?
Thank you 😅❤️

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
November 9, 2021 at 22:49
(Aries) raspberry
Usually outer planet exerts the influences over the inner planet so in your situation your sun will have marsian qualities ( similar to an aries sun-making you energetic, impulsive, assertive, resilient etc but should also interpret in the context of the sign they are in.) I recommend the book called "Aspects in Astrology" by Sue Tompkins.
November 9, 2021 at 22:14
(Taurus) Rosincvist
Several of your aspects shown in your basic natal chart are less than a degree in orb, whatever other factors there are, those are the hardest to deny!
A parallel is slightly better than a conjunction, :175: with :155: & :156: in it is like a conjunction to :151: as :151: is the ruler of :175:
November 9, 2021 at 21:10
(Pisces) 1janos
Hey,

I think you´re on the correct path to understanding.

It may be worthwhile to appreciate the fact, that astrological factors don´t have direct influence or ´effect´ on you, or your life. Most people on this forum - and many others -, still believe, that some magic rays emanate out of planets hundreds of million miles away in the solar system, and those determine what happens in your life. This is based on a complete misunderstanding of the facts, and couldn´t be further from the truth.

The Lights (Sun :151: and Moon :152: ) the planets and other factors in the chart represent ´pure´ though complex qualities. First it would be advisable to understand what they symbolise. That is fundamental and a firm foundation to build on.

A great many people publish a tremendous amount of information on line, and in print form, that varies in quality a lot. It would be worthwhile to get some reference level texts and start there. This is a vast and complex topic, the study of which can lead to a decades long project of understanding. If you want to grasp beyond the level of pop-astrology, I can recommend some.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Leo Leo
Show calendar »