Tropical astrology in the southern hemisphere

October 17, 2021 at 15:04 (UT/GMT)
(Aquarius) Catch-22
Tropical astrology in the southern hemisphere
A strong focus of tropical astrology is that it´s not aligned with something far away like the stars, but with a nearby thing like the seasonal cycle, with Aries start with spring, Cancer summer, Libra autumn and Capricorn winter.

One thing that pops in my mind today: what if you were born on the southern hemisphere? I tried it on AS but I see someone born on 25 September still has Libra, not Aries, even if he´s born like in Cape Town.

Are there astrologers who correct this? Is it useful to keep that in mind? If not, why is alignment to the seasons so important then?

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
October 17, 2021 at 21:43
(Taurus) Rosincvist
:171: doesn´t turn into :177: jumping past the Tropic of Capricorn!
The evolved sign over-achievers are the same signs according to an Argentinian among the Astro-Seek Users!
October 17, 2021 at 21:25
(Sagittarius) Psyle
The tropical zodiac is not merely based on the seasons, rather it derives from the cardinal directions which do not depend on the two hemispheres.

The tropical signs are primarily related to the Sun. The Sun’s position relative to the equator correlates celestial south to Capricorn, celestial north to Cancer, celestial east and west to Aries and Libra respectively.

Therefore, following the ancient four guardians of the directions (Fire is East where the Sun rises), Capricorn is earth, Cancer water, Aries fire, and Libra air. The king sits where he is most high therefore the Sun rules Leo.

Everything else follows from this : the elements, the modes, and the rulers.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Leo Leo
Show calendar »