Using whole signs how should I interpret the position of my sun?

September 28, 2021 at 10:43 (UT/GMT)
(Leo) Anni23
Using whole signs how should I interpret the position of my sun?
This is a question that I have felt confused about for awhile now, not least because I cannot decide whether to use whole signs or not, but even using whole signs my sun is "just" in the 11th house, right on the house line

How should I interpret this?
Could the 10th still have some influence...?

Looking at various descriptions "possibly" having my sun in the 11th makes more sense for me. But also not completely

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
September 29, 2021 at 20:33
(Virgo) Aren Levi » Catch-22
never heard of it, but sounds interesting
September 29, 2021 at 18:30
(Aquarius) Catch-22 » Aren Levi
I heard a lot of sidereal astrologers us Campanus too. Thought this tradition was somehow related to Cyril Fagan.
September 29, 2021 at 17:48
(Aquarius) Catch-22
If I recall right from my course, it´s 11th all the way. Even in Placidus it´s only 4 degrees away from 11th, which means if your birth time is only 4 minutes wrong, you come into the 3 degree rule and should count it in 11th.
September 29, 2021 at 17:39
(Virgo) Aren Levi » Anni23
i see astrology mainly as energy readings

similar to tarot readings

you gotta feel the chart, not just follow "set rules"
September 29, 2021 at 17:15
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Anni23
System message: Post has been written by user Seanfhear, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
It´s a Vedic technique (but also used in the west with the name Harmonics). It´s all available here on Astr-Seek.

Some people mix up techniques and the sidereal thing and it´s quite a fuss. But it´s simply like that: Sidereal is not a system or another branch of astrology; It is just a mathematical, astronomical concept of calculating where the zodiac starts in the sky.

This said, you can use Vedic astrological concepts in your regular tropical chart. And Vedic techniques essentially require the usage of Whole Sign system.
September 29, 2021 at 16:46
(Leo) Anni23 » Seanfhear
Yeah.. well I think that I can already sense changes. As if I am in the process now of deciding finally (relatively speaking) who I will be

Hopefully I can at least decide this. And have the integrity and impetus to stick by it

Oh ok so divisional charts is predominantly vedic?
September 29, 2021 at 16:42
(Leo) Anni23 » Aren Levi
Well yes and no lol.

Personally I follow neither traditional or modern.
The first because as you say the information has been left incomplete in actual fact. And the second because with new information it seems to have been likely that it just "filled the gaps" as it liked

There will always be grey areas of course so I´m not so bothered by the particulars.

Whether to use whole signs or not seems like a more basic question
September 29, 2021 at 16:24
System message: Post has been written by user Seanfhear, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
"So my sun should be more obviously manifested after my saturn return right?"

- Not exactly, but Saturn return is like a marker for a new phase of life, typically this is accompanied with changing views of life and typically more experiences in life (good and bad). Let´s imagine it as a marker for "astrological maturity" (well, I invented this up but this is how I imagine it).

"Sorry I don´t really know about divisional charts?"

- Divisional charts are charts which are deduced from the natal chart (in a specific mathematical manner). They are not to be read alone, but with the natal chart. Most famous of these natal charts is D9 or Navamsha. One of the uses of this chart is to judge the power of the planet in the natal chart. For example, we can have a "cancellation" of debilitation (e.g. Moon in Scorpio in natal, debilitated, but occurs in Cancer, its home, in D9, so this is something that reduces the debilitation effect). There are many things and concepts about D9. Unfortunately, I´m still not good with that and trying to understand it better via other astrologers to the best of my ability.
September 29, 2021 at 16:24
traditional is just astrology that ignores Uranus, Neptune and Pluto as i have learned :4:

but modern vedic astrologers do aknowledge outer planets
September 29, 2021 at 16:15
(Leo) Anni23 » Aren Levi
Yeah all the astrologers who even employ half traditional ideas use whole sign

Interestingly there are more similarities between traditional astrology and sidereal I believe
September 29, 2021 at 16:13
sidereal cannot function in any other house system

i have seen some astrologers using whole sign for tropical
September 29, 2021 at 16:10
(Leo) Anni23 » Seanfhear
Sure, yeah I need to simply decide whether to use whole signs or not.
Then I will be able to remove moat of the confusion over whether I should interpret my sun in this way or that way..
Yet until that point I cannot currently decide even if I sense that my sun is definitely in the 11th/influenced only by the 11th.

Thanks for adding this information about different life stages, perhaps that will help me to make sense of it.
It has seemed often like my sun hasn´t been that "active", though I do relate to it

So my sun should be more obviously manifested after my saturn return right?

Sorry I don´t really know about divisional charts?
September 29, 2021 at 16:06
(Leo) Anni23 » Aren Levi
That is quite interesting what you say. I disagree as whole signs is the original system used for tropical. But if ypu say that whole signs is usually used for sidereal I won´t object
September 29, 2021 at 15:59
(Virgo) Aren Levi
placidus for tropical ( placidus was invented in time of tropical charts )

whole sign for sidereal ( sidereal cannot work without whole sign system )

equal for draconic ( equal was invented in time of draconic charts )
September 29, 2021 at 15:31
=====
If it says 11th then it is 11th really.
There are things in the natal chart that nneed time to manifest - not everything in the chart is active at once in a person´s life (and not everything is active forever, some stuff can be off after some time). This is the topic of Dashas and Profections. As some astrologers put it: At young age it´s hard to feel it and many things in the chart might not apply because simply, the experience is not completed yet (specially before the completion of Saturn´s cycle). So, astrology does not work by what we feel about a position, like does it fit me or not, but rather is it there or not already and how to study the position and its connections to the rest of the chart.
I would suggest at this point to delve into D9 and D10 as well (divisional charts or the Harmonics).
September 29, 2021 at 15:07
(Leo) Anni23 » Seanfhear
Oh yeah it´s in "magha- pada 1"

I know it´s leo, just the systems leave me wondering about what house really fits best. I mean it´s a bit odd being right at the beginning of the 11th. Maybe that´s why I don´t feel that it is

I haven´t decided what to think/how to understand this particular placement of mine
September 29, 2021 at 06:22
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
=====
It´s in 0´10´ Leo, so it is definitely Leo. The whole sign system is kinda sharp in this. For further information on how this sun might behave it would be good to check the Nakshatra and the Pada it is in.
September 29, 2021 at 04:30
(Leo) Anni23 » Rosincvist
Lol does that mean that I should sense even more confusion?
Maybe also as it´s at 0 degrees to a perhaps lesser extent?

I mean that my sun is definitely in leo "but" it is just departing cancer and literally hardly in the 11th

If it was in the 10th or influenced by the 10th however it seems that it confuse more the position of my sun however, to be influenced by cancer afterall rather than having the full strength of just entering a sign And house
September 29, 2021 at 01:17
(Taurus) Rosincvist
:41:Great Luminary between cusps, just be assured that minor minor planets at cusps cause confusion and more confusion! :63: :43: :63: :43:

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Leo Leo
Show calendar »