Significance of houses, aspects, degrees

September 27, 2021 at 18:36 (UT/GMT)
(Sagittarius) Cosmette
Significance of houses, aspects, degrees
Hi guys! I´m back with another kinda weird question!!!

I´m trying to learn more about natal charts and synastry in regards to the context of the question: If degrees, aspects, houses and signs matter, what happens when ___(blank)___?

What happens when a sign has its sister sign degree? (IE a Leo sun in the Aquarius degree?)

What happens when a planet is exalted or at home in a house, but in a detriment sign? (IE your partner has a Scorpio moon in your 2nd? Or your own in natal!)

Or even a step further, in fallen/detriment but technically in the sign´s house ruler? (IE Capricorn moon in 10th?)

What happens when a placement is domicile/exalted in the planet it´s in, but is in a "hard" house? (IE Capricorn Saturn in 7th?) Or in opposite house but domicile? (IE Jupiter in Sagittarius, but in the 3rd?)

Does it reap more positives of being in that house since its domicile? Or is it possible that it makes no difference?

I´d love to hear from anyone who´s experienced these things in their own chart or in synastry, tell me how it shows up for you! Also thank you to anyone bearing with me, there´s part of me which always scolds myself that I´m digging too deep for something that isn´t there looool- but if you feel the same as I do about these questions feel free to reply with your best guess! And you don´t have to answer these exact examples, and can refer to your own, too! :^)

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
September 28, 2021 at 10:19
(Leo) Anni23
Well. I´m a libra asc, so everything´s in the reverse houses/opposite signs..

I don´t even know how to interpret this effect lol
I think it means that I have to see or incorporate the two sides of each placement
September 28, 2021 at 00:56
(Taurus) Rosincvist » Cosmette
I have Equal-house M.C. & Placidus M.C. both parallel :160: so secrecy in scribbling was a long-time past-time! The one that put my :153: in 9th house was the one that made me overconfident and an object of punishment at a Montessori School turned rotten! A psycho public school first grade teacher was as difficult as any same-age bully, the 10th house would have been a nicer location for my :153:, but it wasn´t my beginner´s Hell at all! :156: is proof that God sometimes reserves the right to be LAZY!!!
September 27, 2021 at 21:40
(Aries) ram_goat » Jaided
Detailed personal anecdotes are always more informative than abstract talk.
So much if it is tied to how it manifests in each individual life. Everyone´s circumstances are so different. Generalizations just water the question down after a point.
September 27, 2021 at 19:21
(Virgo) Aren Levi » Aren Levi
it can be manifested as someone who has emotions bound to sensual sex and happiness from birth of children or new projects

it can be manifested as someone who has emotions bound to death and others people money

as you can see, it is controversial placement - thats why some astrologers think it is not that good :4:
September 27, 2021 at 19:14
(Virgo) Aren Levi » Cosmette
Some people say bad combinations etc ....

but it is about point of view

Taurus is about really enjoying material or physical stuff, owning them,
it is Venusian sign in the end

connect it with spiritual and "primal" house like 8th

and all of that with Moon

generally with those combinations i see Emotions that are bound to :
birth, death, sex, transformation, mysteries, merged energies, and bonding at the deepest level. The eighth house also rules other people’s property and money
AND thanks to Taurus person with such a Moon would want those things own, physically experience and sensually enjoy. Since Moon has huge power specially in sidereal, ... Persons would see life through those themes and acted with them like Taurus.
September 27, 2021 at 19:13
(Sagittarius) Cosmette » Rosincvist
Oooh okay! To make sure I understand this correctly, you´re saying it´s more so that these planets/degrees/signs matter in an aspect chart, but house overlays, while significant in their own way, don´t actually hold the same kind of weight in this context?
So if someone has Jupiter in 3rd Sag, it wouldn´t actually struggle there because it´s in an oppositional house, but rather because Jupiter is benefic that it´d do fine in 3rd?

Thank you for responding! It helps me glean fresh perspective :^)
September 27, 2021 at 19:06
(Sagittarius) Cosmette » Aren Levi
Haha I appreciate that, thank you! But then, the question still remains for natal charts, what do you think about having a Taurus moon but in the 8th? :^)
September 27, 2021 at 18:57
(Taurus) Rosincvist
:96: House is 67% as powerful as Sign, still gives verbose Astrologers something to ramble on about!
My past-life´s 11th-house :176: :157: would be the same as my own 6th house :181: :157: if all weights were the same!
My past-life´s 8th house :173: :159: would be the same as my own 3rd house :178: :159: if all weights were the same!
Heliocentric charts usually don´t need a house overlay to have a significant message! :95:
September 27, 2021 at 18:46
(Virgo) Aren Levi
from my experience,

asteroids in synastry are hella important - Juno, Eros, Eris, Psyche, Chiron, Lilith and many more

i was against synastry charts etc since some people can get easily influenced by what they see on "paper" and completely ignore reality of relationship.

so i would give you advice - take those synastry with grain of salt :3:

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Leo Leo
Show calendar »