Saturn: Friend or Foe

September 25, 2021 at 18:01 (UT/GMT)
(Virgo) LotusStar
Saturn: Friend or Foe
Is the jury still out on this one?

Is Saturn placement somewhere to develop discipline and patience and be grateful for the challenges and setbacks because it ultimately helps develop higher standards?

Or is it a place we will always suffer, experience denial, rejection or obstacles and just make peace with the fact this part of life will always be ´less than´?

Some astrologers say, Saturn placement gets better and easier to deal with over time, or as we mature. Have you found this to be true?

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
October 3, 2021 at 05:05
(Virgo) Turbo TJ
Convincing for me working with Saturn is his actual ability to physically manifest the occurring intended lesson if we pay attention to the keywords for him and the signs and where in our life we can witness his actions. Friends to me show us where to grow. Foes show us where they expect us to fail. To me the physical proof of his ability to manifest into our concrete reality makes him a friend. He´s literally showing us where to grow
September 26, 2021 at 17:25
(Virgo) LotusStar » MichelAngelo
Very rich content :74: Made me think deeply... Thank you.

There is that insecurity to Saturn and Saturn placement, which is where most of the negatives comes from I think. Some people call it fear but it comes from a place of not feeling secure... We can let it block us indefinitely, or we can push though it.
September 26, 2021 at 17:14
(Virgo) LotusStar » Neon_Mage
":157: is beneficial if you take the lessons it teaches seriously"

I admit, his lessons are beneficial, in the end.

At best, he is a fair judge. Which is in his exaltation position of Libra. But maybe in certain other less favorable positions, he is more like mean prison guard.

"Most of the time, it´s the little things we don´t even think about that make our "fate"."

Love that, and I agree.
September 26, 2021 at 17:07
(Virgo) LotusStar » astroboi77
:61:

Yep, reminds of me and my dad.

September 26, 2021 at 17:04
(Virgo) LotusStar » (dragonfly)
"I have encountered both Saturn as a symbol of the lowest social groups, people who even work physically, and as a symbol of people who hold the highest positions of power.

Referring to the charts of my closest circle, I can say that people who have a strong Capricorn sign are often interested in making a career and indeed very often reach the highest positions. But even at the top, they work very hard."

Thank you! I see that and wonder how it can be both?

Regarding people I know who are Capricorn... Same for me, they are very ambitious. Every single one. They want to make it to the top, they win awards, they build businesses. It´s what I have seen too.
September 26, 2021 at 16:43
(Leo) astroboi77
Saturn is the dad you find to be an asshole in your teens but then becomes your best friend after your 30´s. You both enjoy wearing Panama hats and drinking old fashioned´s.
September 26, 2021 at 16:10
(Leo) MichelAngelo
Saturn is an energetic emanation of the basic laws governing the earthly material dimension. As the ruler of the element of the earth, "the lord of the rings" is the personification of anthropomorphic creatures that are to ensure order and order - hierarchy, political systems (including ethical and religious), legal codes and judiciary, banking and monetarism, structuralism, conservatism and traditionalism (and urbanization and progressiveness, but more closely related to the higher octave of the archetypal features of Saturn as represented by Uranus).

In Jyotish, Saturn is called "Shani" (from sans. "slow", "unhurried") or "Kurma" (just "turtle" or "oppressor"). This symbolism is also reflected in Chinese astrology - the snake/serpent (kundalini energy) encircles the turtle (Saturn), which means both the natural ability to exercise control over attachment to temporal matters, as well as the promise of breaking out of the "turn of life" - rebirth and re-birth (sans. Samsara).

The nature of our unrecognized aspirations (both short-term and long-range), such as the desire for our own home, material stability, and wealth that overwhelms others with its embarrassing enormity, usually turns out to be a disguised form of a gargantuan survival instinct. They arise from our biologically conditioned fears of limitations (often rightly) associated with oppression, the volatility of the world (including the prospect of imminently impending death) and poverty, not matching bold ideas about human power, the peak of which does not seem to reach beyond the gates of worldliness. The energy of Saturn is actually a manifestation of our desires related to the transformation and exploitation of the physical world, which will first be gnawed by the tooth of time, and finally destroyed - both themselves and their previous fruits. The knowledge that comes from this process and is available to human cognition speaks of freedom from any attachments, that is, the lack of need to identify one´s existence and its meaning from everything that the mind perceives as "I". This doesn´t mean getting rid of the "I" at all, but letting go of only the image of the "I" that exists because of the aforementioned identification.
September 26, 2021 at 14:55
(Gemini) Neon_Mage
:157: is beneficial if you take the lessons it teaches seriously. If you try to cheat and lie or mock and ridicule your way out of it, you will suffer. :157: is Father Time, he will always come to collect his dues in the end.

Because of this, you can also look at :157: as representing "fate" and the inevitable, but this is clearly the more fatalist approach to it. Most of the time, it´s the little things we don´t even think about that make our "fate".
September 26, 2021 at 06:50
(Gemini) (dragonfly) » LotusStar
"Another part that confused me is because I have heard in Vedic they say he is like a servant, just does his duty. But in tropical, he is supposed to be an authority figure/boss and ´lays down the law´s. Seems a bit contradictory."

This also surprised me at first. I have encountered both Saturn as a symbol of the lowest social groups, people who even work physically, and as a symbol of people who hold the highest positions of power.

Referring to the charts of my closest circle, I can say that people who have a strong Capricorn sign are often interested in making a career and indeed very often reach the highest positions. But even at the top, they work very hard. These are not bosses who just give orders, they are usually the last ones to leave the office.
September 26, 2021 at 02:25
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » LotusStar
System message: Post has been written by user Seanfhear, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Just to note, tropical and sidereal are just two ways to calculate the zodiac signs degrees (at what point in the sky does it start). So, considerations about Saturn and its meaning it´s not related to tropical or sidereal.

To what I know in western astrology, considerations about saturn´s meaning is the same as in Vedic. Using tropical, you can still apply vedic concept to understand a chart. This is what I try to do (and many astrologers I do follow).

I always read/hear that Saturn signifies service and servants in various ways, but never as a bossy figure. So in a sense it can be used also to investigate career (because it is serving others).

As for the concept of Karma, well, astrologers do talk about that but I´m still not convinced about it. One astrologers I follow said (and he is well-versed in the Indian culture and old texts): the concept of Karma changed over time and the meaning that people think of today is not what it was supposed to mean thousands of years ago.
So, if Karma is to be meant as (previous life debts) and such things, I really don´t get along with this concept. If it is about (tests of life), then yeah I would agree to some extent about this meaning.
September 25, 2021 at 23:52
(Aquarius) nikkia
Another good question.

I´m born with Saturn in H2 that people always equate with money, but it´s more than that. Sure, there´s been money ups and downs but most people can say the same thing. Some days Chicken. Some days Feathers.

Right now, I´m going through my Second Saturn return. Thankfully, it´s just been one pass over, but ATM transiting Saturn is Rx and awfully close to my natal position...bringing me back to an ongoing problem that I thought was fixed. Nope.

So far, this Saturn return is ridding me of OLD things (that cost money to replace or I can choose to go without) My old dog recently passed (broke my heart, but he had a great life!) and that whole transition wasn´t freaking cheap, either. He went out in style!

Letting go of his things was difficult, but my mailman (named Cliff -- just like on the TV show CHEERS, for those old enough to remember!) just got a new puppy that became beneficiary to my dog´s lovely items.
What the pup didn´t need was donated to another neighbor who works at local shelter for abused pit bulls. So, these things are being put to good use. And that made it easier to let go of them.

And I´m being taught that I am older and my body is not made of steel, like it once was. Hit to the ole pride! That hurts a bit! I must be more gentle with my physical self and these old bones - that Saturn rules.
A pound of prevention applies here! I swore this wouldn´t happen to me, yet... here I am. Saturn doesn´t care. It´s part of maturity.

Now, all the financial pundits think we´re all in for hard times soon, Second house!

I´ve been here before, too. Several times already. Not freaking out.
It´s amazing how little we actually need. And can do without.
Resourcefulness and creativity are born in such places.
Experience (Saturn) has taught me this.

With Saturn.... Gratitude always helps.

Saturn does get easier with age. Yes, it is true.

So far anyway. Ask me again when my second return is over in the fall of 2023!

If I´m still alive... :61:

and have electricity...internet...and a computer.
September 25, 2021 at 23:49
(Pisces) fishscales
How to deal with Saturn is exemplified in the Serenity Prayer:

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."
September 25, 2021 at 21:53
(Virgo) Aren Levi » LotusStar
well, we all get afraid when doing smt that is not comfortable for us

maybe Saturn is teaching us that fear and challanges can be overcomed
September 25, 2021 at 20:52
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32
I´m not liking 2021 with Saturn in Aquarius in the 7th, because it´s revealing who you can count on most in your life long-term. And who is really on your side for the duration. Not to mention it´s the house of open enemies. It all depends on you communicate and relate.
September 25, 2021 at 20:39
(Virgo) LotusStar » Seanfhear
"Saturn is not a friend nor a foe. It´s just plain reality. It removes the rosy-colored glasses from your eyes to see the real thing."

That sounds like a fair description. Yes I had the biggest reality checks in life under Saturn transits.

I agree though, I also noticed, it does seem to get a little easier over time.

I wonder if it´s true that it´s a place we have to pay karma. After we pay we are more free.

Another part that confused me is because I have heard in Vedic they say he is like a servant, just does his duty. But in tropical, he is supposed to be an authority figure/boss and ´lays down the law´s. Seems a bit contradictory.
September 25, 2021 at 20:36
(Virgo) LotusStar » Aren Levi
I see, it´s like what Saturn gives or where he is, he makes you work for it.. extra

Do you feel there is also fear or insecurity attached to that area though? That´s another thing apparently.
September 25, 2021 at 19:12
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Seanfhear, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Personally, yes, I´ve experienced Saturn (and didn´t realize it until I got deeper into astrology). I have saturn in 3rd house (communication) and I had problems in speech when I was a kid and school problems as well, but things got better in time. And I think it is the reason that I´m an introvert (though this is not essentially a problem by itself).

As some astrologers I follow put it: Saturn is not a friend nor a foe. It´s just plain reality. It removes the rosy-colored glasses from your eyes to see the real thing. Its placement in the chart, though, can put more pepper to the dish.
September 25, 2021 at 18:27
(Virgo) Aren Levi
from my experience it gets better,

depends where Saturn is, but he pushes you to do smt you will use in the future

he is like the teacher that throws you into pool and yells at you SWIM, while you never swam before

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Virgo Virgo
Show calendar »