Understanding H11: Jupiter, Scorpio and Sagittarius

September 21, 2021 at 21:11 (UT/GMT)
(Gemini) AmberMoon
Understanding H11: Jupiter, Scorpio and Sagittarius
Good evening everyone,

I´m trying to make sense of my friends.

And for that, looking at my 11th house.

So, from what I´ve gathered so far it´s beneficial to have Jupiter in H11 (as it is in other houses, by the way, the planet naturally bestowing generosity wherever it´s located)

So far, so good.

Jupiter is also in the sign of Sagittarius (Placidus chart).

Not bad either, I´d think, in domicile.

But the thing I can´t lay my finger on is the H11 in Scorpio.

I don´t have many friends at all. I´m sociable enough but I´ve been disappointed in youth too often with a hint of betrayal, and I´ve been seeing a pattern ever since. So even though friends come easy, it´s hard to not think: it will go as it has before.

So, personally, I´m not seeing the Jupiter expressed in terms of number of friends but rather (perceived? by me as) many dishonest friends.

Could you tell me if this reasoning resonates with your interpretation of such combo?

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
September 23, 2021 at 18:03
(Gemini) (dragonfly) » AmberMoon
OK, I asked this because there is a clear connection between your 11th and 9th houses. But the ruler of the 11th is in conjunction with Saturn, which on the one hand has a restrictive effect, and on the other hand preserves relationships.

By the way, I have Saturn in the 11th house and some of my friends were much older than me. I also had friends who were physically disabled, but they passed away.

I think your friendships with much older people than yourself are explained by this conjunction :160: :191: :157:

"...they come and then they go..."

I think this is also how, among other things, Uranus manifests itself.
September 23, 2021 at 17:35
(Pisces) fishscales » AmberMoon
"Those kids were like: 🙄 this is not for people like us..."

Sometimes a person can be good at a thing and just not know it...
September 23, 2021 at 16:21
(Gemini) AmberMoon » fishscales
Not at all.

I have in fact also tried that.
And it puts 11 in Libra.

With what I just wrote above there´s a good case to be made for whole house from at least the perspective of age (Saturn) and finality (Pluto).

As for Uranian: yes, there are some connections.

Being perceived as deviant, daring and experimental.I have an interest in tech and science and how people, the mind and the world progress as evolved repetitions of a familiar pattern.

The paragraph up here is how I could normally speak to anyone, but I learn that it´s best to not do that (too often). I care less if people studied or not, but people don´t see it that way.

I revolted against this a while ago when teaching. I was teaching in vocational classes and I implemented the ritual of reading newspapers.
Those kids were like: 🙄 this is not for people like us...
I still made them read and understand newspapers so that they can have conversations without - what I still think is an unnecessary, irrelevant
feeling of being embarrassed about topics unfamiliar to them.
September 23, 2021 at 15:45
(Gemini) AmberMoon » (dragonfly)
No, Dragonfly, they come and then they go. It´s no one´s "fault", I think. They might move abroad, we might get irreconcilable ideas and part or they slowly fade out. No one stays.

The people that do stay longer weren´t planned as friends but they appear to become something like that in the long run. What typically connects these two people (😊 not my parents) are that they are about 30 years older than me and we maintained a mentor/authority relation at the onset.
September 23, 2021 at 15:37
(Gemini) AmberMoon » Rosincvist
That´s an interesting vantage point for putting 12 in 11. Especially when you connect it to literature like that. It is very relevant to me. Thank you, and for the creativity.
September 23, 2021 at 15:34
Yeah I figured. :4:

It´s interesting that you feel your Uranus in the 11th.

Can I ask you...do you feel like a Uranus in the first house person at all? That´s where it is using whole signs.

Again...I´m not trying to challenge people about what house system they use, or trying to change anyone´s mind.

I´m trying to figure the whole house system question out for myself.

I´ve found Placidus and whole signs to both have validity, but in different ways.

Placidus seems better for inner psychology, whole signs for external, visible phenomena. At least in my chart.

Wondering what you think about the different house systems in your 11th house dilemma.

Probably a pain in the ass question with too long an answer...please don´t feel obliged to respond :61:
September 23, 2021 at 15:24
Aha, that was your whole point...😄 and I missed it. Sorry for that.
September 23, 2021 at 06:47
(Gemini) (dragonfly) » AmberMoon
"The Uranus conjunction seems to bring peculiar people along for friendships. This is the part I enjoy most. Somehow, I get to meet very diverse and exceptional people, and I´m grateful for that."

You are right, I completely forgot that Uranus in such a constellation can manifest in friendships with very original people. In addition, in your case it receives only harmonious aspects. All in all, you have a very interesting 11th house. There is certainly no boredom here.

May I ask you something? Do you still have relations with your friends from your university years?
September 23, 2021 at 05:04
(Taurus) Rosincvist
I believe Edgar Allan Poe´s :182: stellium was in the eleventh-house, the fourth house notion was created by the stellium being :191: :152:; Eleventh-house can improve :181: & :199:; The most evolved fixed sign and it´s ruler!
September 22, 2021 at 20:51
(Gemini) AmberMoon » (dragonfly)
Hi Dragonfly,

That´s indeed an interesting insight you bring in there, I´ve focused very much on the H11, the Scorpionic influence and Jupiter´s presence there without thinking about rulership (yet).

But now that you mention it, I suppose I could have a look at H12 impact.

And it´s not that I feel lonely with friends (very much the opposite) unless they say or think stuff that makes me feel lonely.

For communication I´ll refer you to my Mars in Gemini. I try to keep it friendly though 😄.

Thanks for also the positive note! I will focus on that.

The Uranus conjunction seems to bring peculiar people along for friendships. This is the part I enjoy most. Somehow, I get to meet very diverse and exceptional people, and I´m grateful for that.

It´s like traveling the world.
September 22, 2021 at 20:41
"For Saturn and Pluto, I don´t immediately see the connection to friends? That is, by house or aspects."

In the whole sign system, your Saturn-Pluto conjunction is in the 11th house, not the 9th...
September 22, 2021 at 20:37
Yes, Fishscales, I understand your caution on the house system. It would be interesting to read a comparative analysis on the many available house systems, if not already existing.

I remember trying whole houses before and it did resonate initially and then for some things it was off too much, with conclusion: Placidus felt more comfortable ´overall´.

For Saturn and Pluto, I don´t immediately see the connection to friends? That is, by house or aspects. What Saturn has been doing in H9 together with Pluto is affecting learning. Both in terms of slowing the process down as well as tearing learned structures down or "unlearning" and re-learning.

Your missing puzzle for Neptune might very well be Jupiter himself, as the earlier ruler of Pisces, who knows.

Thanks for sharing your train of thought!
September 22, 2021 at 07:46
(Gemini) (dragonfly)
First of all, you have Jupiter in conjunction with Uranus, which brings a certain unpredictability, perhaps changing luck with regard to your relationships.

Also, Jupiter, as ruler of the 12th house, brings the themes of that area into the 11th house. Perhaps this explains why you are experiencing loss and may feel lonely even among friends.

Jupiter is in opposition to Chiron, which in turn forms a conjunction with Mercury indicating some problems in the area of communication but also self-esteem, especially since this aspect is in the sign of Taurus. This constellation influences your relationship not only with friends but with people in general.

Furthermore, Pluto, which rules your 11th house, is in conjunction with Saturn. But if we consider Mars as the ruler, we see that it is intercepted by the 6th house.

But coming back to Jupiter, with its conjunction to Uranus, I would also expect some happy and unexpected turns in life. Especially since Jupiter is in a trine to the Moon and to Venus. So even if things regarding the 11th house are not going smoothly, there is a lot of favourable, positive energy there, and I would stick to that thought if I were you.
September 22, 2021 at 01:42
(Pisces) fishscales
I´m not trying to change anyone´s mind about what house system they use...

I primarily use Placidus myself...

But it might be worth considering that in your whole sign chart, you have Saturn conjunct Pluto...

This does seem to fit the descriptions you give a little better...at least the part about not having "many" friends...although it still leaves the question of betrayal and dishonesty in friendships unanswered...I was trying to find where Neptune could fit into this in either house system, but didn´t really see anything.

The reason I checked whole signs is because in Placidus, your houses are very uneven in size...

I´m not saying I´m right, but I have a hard time accepting that, and usually check out the whole sign chart in such situations.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Gemini Gemini
Show calendar »