Absence of sun sign characteristics

September 14, 2021 at 21:04 (UT/GMT)
(Taurus) theycallmetym
Absence of sun sign characteristics
I was wondering about this as it bothers me for a long time.I have sun and mars two personal planets in taurus.But all my life i found myself so far away from taurian energy.As far as i know its about values,money,property,luxury,food,lazy nature,motivations related to earning money,persistence and all other 2nd house matters.Most of them just not me but quite opposite.I always was physicially very active and into sports since childhood.Also i hate process of earning money itself and have zero motivation related.

I wouldnt say that im spiritual person im very grounded but in different way where i didnt payed much attention on money and its value all my life.Similiar thoughts about luxury and other stuff.My motivation for earning ends when i have more than enough money to meet basic living needs .Similiar thoughts about luxury.My ideals and source of motivations were mostly knowledge/intellectually oriented all my life.

I know i lack most taurian characteristics and i was thinking maybe thats why its my sun sign? Like its my lesson to learn them as i heard that sun sign is also about what we need to become in the life beside saturn.

:151:

Posts in topic

Page: 2 1
Sort posts:
September 17, 2021 at 21:01
(Aquarius) Tightrope-dancer » theycallmetym
Let´s say houses barely change. 23° out of 30 is a big chunk.

A friend of me did my tropical to get me back to the Dark Side and she did a hell of a job, but she mainly talked about houses.

With me, my :152: stays :181: and this made me kinda think it was okay-ish, especially being a bit immature, when moon is stronger than sun. But ♑ is completely me. Same (old) ruler. I´m not extravert, I´m not electric, I´m not the rebel, I am a f*cking Capricorn, slowly to the top, learning hard lessons, hard for myself and others.

Ok, tl;dr. Yay sidereal.
September 17, 2021 at 17:34
(Taurus) theycallmetym » Tightrope-dancer
its bothering me aswell i realized most people are ok with their tropical charts(maybe because for most signs doesnt change)and there is others who definitely thinks astrology should be based only on sidereal system.
September 17, 2021 at 17:32
(Taurus) theycallmetym » soulll
well i guess havent developed yet will see
September 17, 2021 at 17:28
(Taurus) theycallmetym » dreamtripp
Good points,although i dont agree with your definition of taurian energy.
As every person i know myself enough to come to conclusion that im not much taurian.But the door/room analogy is good one i think most people (including myself for a while) doesnt really understands what sun sign stands for really.
September 17, 2021 at 13:13
(Capricorn) dreamtripp
I am of the belief that Sun signs are not personality traits, nor is it where we "Shine" as is also the popular notion. For me, Moon and Venus relate stronger to our identities because the moon is our emotional nature, and Venus is that which we value. Having said that, my opinion, after having looked at hundreds of charts and keeping in contact with former clients, is that our Sun Sign is our growth. It is the life road. I know people state that the Nodes are where we should look for growth, and they are, but think of them more as the trajectory from what we bring in from the last life, to where we need to go in this life, but the Sun is the actual road. A good analogy would be that the South Node is the door you enter into a room, the Sun is the room you cross and the North Node is the door you exit.

You also aren´t looking at your entire chart -- just taking "The Sun conjunct Mars in Taurus" and saying it doesn´t fit does a disservice to you and your chart. No aspect should be looked at isolated to determine ANYTHING. A chart must be looked at holistically. The simple SUN/MARS conjunction in Taurus doesn´t describe which houses it falls it, or if mars is retrograde or not, and doesn´t describe the other aspects/dialogues it may make with other planets in your chart, ALL of which could affect the energies of that sun/mars conjunct in Taurus. There is also your own free will and how you choose to play your energies. Astrology is not deterministic in my eyes. Lots of people were born the same day and time as Hitler, but not everyone behaved like him. That is FREE WILL in action. As any good painter knows one color does not make a painting, and the same color can be used a myriad of ways with different brushstrokes and mixing with other colors.

Plus, just to illuminate, even if we are to only look at one thing - Taurus, in this case - you say you are good in sports but don´t care about money, so you can´t identify with Taurian energies. But what makes you isolate the Taurian influence of money, but not recognize the the Taurian influence of using your body for sports? To me they are both Taurian energies. You just choose to identify more with one than the other. Taurian energy is not about material indulgence, it is about stability, strength and comfort, which you express quite nicely when you talk about your groundedness and satisfaction in what you do have. Taureans aren´t ambitious for money for the sake of money or power. To them it is only as valuable as the comfort it brings them. A old soft pair of sneakers will appeal to a Taurus much more than a $700 pair of alligator shoes, and using one´s physical body as a force, such as one does in sports, is quite a Taurean thing. lol
September 17, 2021 at 11:13
(Aquarius) Tightrope-dancer » RohiniMoon
I exaggerated a bit but this is what will happen.

It just doesn´t make sense to me people derive signs from the constellations, fix them at a certain point in time and then never look at them again. The desperate need to align it with the seasons, I don´t get it.

It´s just plain wrong too. I have autism, so I need to fixed set of rules to go by. I´m a hard worker who started with 0 and now got some wealth. I´m a bit conservative. But my tropical sign is :181:, my sidereal sign :180:. Tropical-Sidereal 0-1. My wife is occupied with spirituality and shamanism, she´s high sensitive. She never is egocentric. Tropical :171:, sidereal :182:. 0-2.
September 16, 2021 at 16:55
(Virgo) RohiniMoon » Tightrope-dancer
"Besides, it will look so funny in 11300 years, when the Sun stands in Leo, people will call themselves Aquarians. Because then it´s not an error of 23°, but 180"

:61: :15:
September 16, 2021 at 16:19
(Aquarius) Tightrope-dancer » Maiar
I got different experiences. Sidereal is more accurate.

Besides, it will look so funny in 11300 years, when the Sun stands in Leo, people will call themselves Aquarians. Because then it´s not an error of 23°, but 180°.

As long as it´s aligned with the spring equinox point, we´ll be happy :36:
September 16, 2021 at 11:45
(Leo) Maiar » Tightrope-dancer
Sidereal doesn´t seem to care .. not precise at all
September 16, 2021 at 11:06
(Aquarius) Tightrope-dancer » Maiar
That 88 other constellations are not on the ecliptica
September 16, 2021 at 06:55
(Leo) soulll
It´s only bcz ur chiron opposite Sun n mars dont trip tho u def have active Taurus energy
September 16, 2021 at 04:09
(Leo) Anni23 » theycallmetym
I think after more reflection you´ll consider what you can´t see yourself without (signs, planets etc.) Either way
September 15, 2021 at 15:57
(Virgo) Astrooo » theycallmetym
And moreover, Herakles had for professor, the centaur (sag house) Chiron.
Chiron, the wounded healer who is in control in house 6 (your south node) and EXACTLY opposite (house 3) to your sun-mars.
Mars master of your house 3.

= You have to collect many informations to understand the goal of your life, but that´s not an usual attitude for you at this time.
Going here is one step to this road of comprehension of your self and your heroic journey.
September 15, 2021 at 15:40
(Taurus) theycallmetym » Astrooo
Sounds interesting definitely gonna make a research about :15:
September 15, 2021 at 15:37
(Taurus) theycallmetym » Maiar
holy thats long.okay lets see

"Not only that, But you have Moon Trine Sun,This aspect makes you an easy going, Almost zero motivated person,You can google it if u like."

Dunno man to be honest doesnt sound like me.Im generally very motivated person but just not in that specific area i mentioned.Sometimes im destroying myself in order to reach my goals without realizing it.I think it comes from virgo idealism.

"Moon in the first house in virgo, The moon is your automatic mode of thinking and acting because it´s based on instinct, You fear starting new things and projects unless you feel it has a sense of security in it, Virgo is a bit hard to understand because being earthy and mutable is quite contradicotory in itself, But Virgo is the sign that makes order out of chaos , Virgo can work both ways, You sometimes find them free spirited and looking for fun, Sometimes very dedicated and work oriented."

There is some truth yeah i cant just start some project or startup without thinking and weigh every single detail i need to feel myself secure and stable.
Sometimes i need to buy something simple like doormat and i make research reading for days fcking ridiculous :61:

"Sun Mars in the 9th house.. You look for fun and joy more than earning money, For you working time earning money means losing time that could be spent on what u love the most, And what you love is Fun, Sports , Philosophy and wide knowledge. (9th house mattets as well) , This is why it´s a great idea to look for jobs that involve sports for you,This way you csn combine making money with pure fun and joy."

Sounds just me.nothing is more important than having free time.Except im not fun person much.

"As long as you can make enough money to live normally then you´re fine man,Unless u plan on becoming a millionaire for some reason, And ecen then, Are you really going to spend all these millions before u die? People who spend most of their time making money with time demanding job have a hard time living the life they like, So it´s a trade, Unless u can make money with little time or effort then it´s not worth it, Because you either have time or money. If you find the right balance then you´re golden, But remember that most billionaires die with their bank account staying the ssme, Filled with billions, They died and didn´t take their money with them, They forgot to live, And what they actually spent during their lives is what matters, Not the billions left in the bank."

Isnt it ? I just cant figure out people spend their whole life in order to make some money but forget to spend , forget to be with their family ,forget to find some free time for their hobbies.I never gonna understand this mentality..

"As for sideral charts, Don´t believe that, It´s based on a wrong idea because Astrology is not based on the constellations in the sky, If that was right then ophiuchus would be a sign as well as other 88 constellations with different signs....

Astrology is based on the equinux and Earth´s own axis and rotation in relation.

It has to do with reading chart properly as a whole."

Im not an astrology expert but you talk too assertive.I know there is plenty of people relying on sidereal charts.Ofcourse number of people is not an evidence or proof,i just dont know enough to support or oppose your argument.Anyway tnx :15:
September 15, 2021 at 15:07
(Taurus) theycallmetym » Anni23
I mean i dunno,cant say i relate more to one of charts its like 50/50.No i dont relate to pisces.And no im very detached from emotions person in general.I would say i use my anger to reach my goals i able to channel it properly to be more productive.Dont have anger issues. :85: :47: :61:
September 15, 2021 at 13:20
(Virgo) Astrooo
Hello,

Read and analyze the meaning of the 12 labors of Herakles.
For your info, Hercules was Taurus.
But Herakles by his labors experienced the 12 zodiac signs.

And astrologically, the conjunct Sun Mars is an indication of a heroic journey.
More particularly in house 9, house of the father of Herakles ...
And your south node in house 6, the service house (the 12 labors)
To go to your north node in house 12 (go backup to the Source) to be, as Herakles after his death, the doorman of Olympus.
September 15, 2021 at 13:15
(Leo) Maiar
Dude.. You have Sun conjunct mars, A conjunction is a mix of different energies,That when combined produce a new one, Mars conjunct Sun is incredible for sports and physical activities in general.

Not only that, But you have Moon Trine Sun,This aspect makes you an easy going, Almost zero motivated person,You can google it if u like.

Moon in the first house in virgo, The moon is your automatic mode of thinking and acting because it´s based on instinct, You fear starting new things and projects unless you feel it has a sense of security in it, Virgo is a bit hard to understand because being earthy and mutable is quite contradicotory in itself, But Virgo is the sign that makes order out of chaos , Virgo can work both ways, You sometimes find them free spirited and looking for fun, Sometimes very dedicated and work oriented.

Sun mars in Taurus with Virgo moon and rising is why u feel grounded, That´s natural.

But you have a stellium in Aries , Which makes you very energetic, Combined with the sun mars conjunction its no surprise that you feel more Aries like than Taurus at times, Remember that we are more than just our sun sign.

Sun Mars in the 9th house.. You look for fun and joy more than earning money, For you working time earning money means losing time that could be spent on what u love the most, And what you love is Fun, Sports , Philosophy and wide knowledge. (9th house mattets as well) , This is why it´s a great idea to look for jobs that involve sports for you,This way you csn combine making money with pure fun and joy.

As long as you can make enough money to live normally then you´re fine man,Unless u plan on becoming a millionaire for some reason, And ecen then, Are you really going to spend all these millions before u die? People who spend most of their time making money with time demanding job have a hard time living the life they like, So it´s a trade, Unless u can make money with little time or effort then it´s not worth it, Because you either have time or money. If you find the right balance then you´re golden, But remember that most billionaires die with their bank account staying the ssme, Filled with billions, They died and didn´t take their money with them, They forgot to live, And what they actually spent during their lives is what matters, Not the billions left in the bank.

As for sideral charts, Don´t believe that, It´s based on a wrong idea because Astrology is not based on the constellations in the sky, If that was right then ophiuchus would be a sign as well as other 88 constellations with different signs....

Astrology is based on the equinux and Earth´s own axis and rotation in relation.

It has to do with reading chart properly as a whole.

Hope this helps.
September 15, 2021 at 12:55
You have a fair bit of fire even with tropical.

I´m just thinking now that there are a lot of taurean sports people/big guys
September 15, 2021 at 12:36
Ok, well it is technically worse for some people who´s signs just mostly shift lol.
I have almost all the same ones with sidereal. :61:

When you have virgo you know that you have virgo :61: :61:

And yet... there are things that I cant describe as entirely accurate using sidereal. Like I´m not as reactive as a leo moon lol or as moody as a cancer sun.
And admittedly I´m pretty damn libran in most things I gravitate towards.

Almost a bigger issue gor me is whether to use whole signs or not!!
For my chart things change quite reasonably by this alone

What other things do and don´t you relate to with your tropical chart?

Woah you have A Lot of fire using sidereal. (Actually I do too that way.. :43:)

Your almost ENTIRELY fire and water using sidereal
Do you relate to thw sign of Pisces instead?..
So tbh you would seem very emotional and a bit angry with sidereal
September 15, 2021 at 10:38
(Taurus) theycallmetym » Anni23
I definitely feel a lot like virgo.I see sometimes there is no chart which just clicks with you totally and you are more like a combination of both tropical and sidereal.Anyway that lack of clarity and exactness annoys me
September 15, 2021 at 10:19
(Leo) Anni23
Yeah there was a time that I thought something similar.. but then I realised that I have more of the essential characteristics than not.
And there´s a lot of stereotypes circulating about each sign..

I´d say though that your moon and ascendant would definitely/probably outweigh a few of the taurean characteristics.

Also btw looking at your chart it seems that you still have a lot of fire energy what with your Venus in aries and sun and mars in the 9th.
Your kind of like a pseudo-Saggitarian

Do you really feel like a Virgo is the question?

Ps. I have pluto and maybe my nn in the 2nd.
And I don´t know how to relate to this fully still, though I do relate to the majority of the rest of my chart..
September 15, 2021 at 08:27
(Aquarius) Tightrope-dancer » RohiniMoon
I really suggest you follow this advice, Theycallmetym. I was tweaking with house systems etc etc, but RohiniMoon did the same suggestion and not only I got the Ascendant I resonate with the most, :173: in stead of :174:, but also went from :181: to :180: in my Sun. I do resonate with my :152: in :181:, that´s why I focussed so much on ASC that was just plain wrong, but Cap is really my thing too.
September 15, 2021 at 07:37
(Taurus) theycallmetym » Jaided
I see your point.I guess after all those taurus placements makes person little bit more grounded and persistent instead of rushing 7/24.I can relate to that at least.

As i mentioned above its hard to make a choice between chart systems as i find both of them resonating with me somehow at particular points.
September 15, 2021 at 07:31
(Taurus) theycallmetym » Rosincvist
poor you :4: maaan i thought having my north node on polar house/sign combination is a big contradiction itself
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2021
Moon calendar
Full Moon in Pisces Pisces
Show calendar »