Percentage of dominant planets

September 5, 2021 at 18:54 (UT/GMT)
(Pisces) Tina95
Percentage of dominant planets
Hi all, I am currently learning more and more about astrology, right now I am at the topic of dominant planets.

I looked up many charts by now and here at astro-seek you can look up the dominant planets in the natal chart and you see the percentages per planet.

In the modern view (10 planets) most of the time the most dominant planet had about max. 15% (the charts I looked at).

Exception is the chart of my brother which shows 20% at Saturn. I wonder: Is this extraordinary high? Is there some kind of "average"?

I am happy for every insight. :)

Best, Christina

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
September 5, 2021 at 19:46
(Leo) tomdos
IMO, the Dominant planets tool is just for orientation, it is not dogma. Many astrologists would disagree with the point system. I think every astrologist has their own system of evaluating strength and dominance of planets.

As for the numbers, 10 planets means the average strength is 10%. Anything below means weaker, anything above stronger. But that really does not mean much and can be very misleading. Also, all the numbers combined should always give 100%. So, if any planet is very strong, it means that some other need to come out weak. That alone shows how the system is just lifeless statistics and needs to be taken as such. It helps with quick orientation in the chart, but thats it.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Libra Libra
Show calendar »