part of fortune

August 18, 2021 at 17:04 (UT/GMT)
(Cancer) Weydevu
part of fortune
Hello everyone my name is Weydevu I´m new to this forum but not new to this website. I´m 73 years old and I´ve been in and out of astrology for years. My question is what makes the part of fortune moves so fast?

my sun is in cancer, my moon is in Libra and my rising is in Gemini my MC is in Pisces and my part of fortune is in Aires.

When I try to plot my POF one second it´s in Cancer and the next second it´s in Libra how is that possible?

I´m writing this from the library so it will take some time to respond back thank you. :5:

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
September 11, 2021 at 16:38
(Taurus) s81 » Weydevu
Exactly, 7:01 the Sun showed up in the horizon, so the formulae of the Lots/Parts sensitive to day/night have been switched. It´s not the same result to do ASC+Moon-Sun than ASC+Sun-Moon, that´s why "it jumps".

After the "jump" it will continue to move smoothly til the Sun goes down. When the night comes, in that very moment, the formulae switches again, so it "jumps" again.
September 11, 2021 at 14:55
(Cancer) Weydevu » s81
OK I found a good example. I was born on 07/12/1948 on sept.12,2021 at 7am my pof is 7´43 in cancer at 7:45am it jump to 11´53 in satt. My question is how long will this last? And thank you and others who replyed.
September 4, 2021 at 17:26
(Taurus) s81
Since the formulae of the Lot/Part of Fortune implies the both luminaries as significator and trigger, the only reason to "jump" in a second to another non-contiguous sign is the calculation turned from day to night or from night to day, moments where the POF calculation gots reversed.

For example, if you are following the plotting of POF during a day, advancing minute after minute, you´ll see that "jump" happening when the night comes. At the very moment the Sun goes away at the horizon the POF starts to be calculated with it´s reversed formulae (so it´ll "jump" a distance equal to the gap between the luminaries, which can be several signs away).
September 4, 2021 at 13:38
(Cancer) Weydevu » Petr9
Yes Petro it was on astro-seek. I check several times and it was the same. However after several weeks I go back and check and it´s different though I don´t follow pof through every sign. Sorry I took so long to respond I came about our post by accident.
August 23, 2021 at 00:30
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology
You have a night chart, so it is in Aries.

The formula for a night chart is the distance (going in Zodiacal order, that is to say counter-clockwise) from the Moon to the Sun. You then take that distance and measure from the Ascendant.

The reason why another program might place your Lot of Fortune (or Part of Fortune) in another sign is because Modern Astrology calculates the Lot of Fortune the same way for both day and night charts. The Lot of Fortune is one of the 7 Hermetic Lots and, as such, is one of the oldest (probably the oldest) and most used Lot in Astrology. Since the beginnings of Western Astrology in the Hellenic Empire, that is to say for over 2000 years the Lot of Fortune has been calculated differently depending on whether the chart is nocturnal or diurnal.

This habit of calculating the Lot of Fortune in the same way for all probably started with Alan Leo, who revolutionized (read, Fucked up) astrology and threw stuff out that he didn´t understand (in his words, he wanted to "simplify" astrology). His background was as a salesman of confections and he succeeded in selling his version of astrology to the Theosophists who were an important influence upon what would later become known as "The New Age"..
August 22, 2021 at 23:40
(Taurus) Iceblu333 » Petr9
Wait... There´s a Lot of "Cucumbers and Melons?" :61:
August 22, 2021 at 23:13
Are the Lots that require input of the "House" Accurate?

They are shown as Whole Signs and the number variable for the "House" is shown as "0.00°"... because it is in Whole Sign format...
August 22, 2021 at 22:12
Wait, is the "Trigger" actually the transiting planet that will trigger the activation of the "Lot?"
August 22, 2021 at 21:32
ASTRASTRO-SEEK ADMINSEEK Admin, (Taurus) Petr9
Hello Weydevu

most of "Parts/Lots" (Fortune or anything) are calculated as:

ASC + Significator - Trigger

https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/a…

---

(Significator and Trigger are mostly the planets ... no matter the diurnal or nocturnal birth)

= planets don´t move very fast within 1 minute

=> most of lots/parts (including part of fortune) move according to the speed of ASC
(= 1°degree/4-5 minutes)

> When I try to plot my POF one second it´s in Cancer and the next second it´s in Libra how is that possible?
---
this is strange. can you provide more details - where have you seen this? (was it on astro-seek? ... or somewhere else?)
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
August 22, 2021 at 08:42
(Aquarius) Catch-22 » Rosincvist
Yeah, could be Day Pars or Night pars, which are just mirrored along the ASC-Desc axis. I never make a difference because when they only consider "pars fortunae" it´s mostly day pars and I´m born in the afternoon.

I didn´t know you can do Night pars too on AS... Gotta look that up.
August 21, 2021 at 22:17
(Taurus) Rosincvist » Catch-22
In-house Lot calculator here at Astro-Seek!
Very different in Night versus Day Charts! :27:
August 20, 2021 at 18:48
(Aquarius) Catch-22 » JayJayAstrology
Sun is quite fixed, moon moves a tiny bit and ASC moves 30° in 2 hours or 15 arc seconds per time second, which will not be seen in a POF. So yeah, I agree, I think he is doing something wrong.
August 20, 2021 at 15:23
(Aries) JayJayAstrology
I´m confused. Are you saying if you change your birthtime by one second, the POF moves a lot? Something is wrong. It would not move hardly at all if you move your birth time one second. Something is wrong with what you are doing.

Part of Fortune is a mathematical combo of Sun, Moon and ASC - and you can´t plot it separately because it is the sum of those parts. Why are you trying to move it anyway? I don´t understand.
August 20, 2021 at 08:59
(Aquarius) Catch-22
I see it in Aries and it will always be in Aries, in your natal chart...
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Leo Leo
Show calendar »