House system Morinus

August 16, 2021 at 20:33 (UT/GMT)
(Taurus) Taurus
House system Morinus
Hi everyone
Anyone experience with the Morinus house system?
I was checking it today and found that the house positions suite me better than with whole chart system.

Who thinks Morinus isn’t or is accurate? I don’t understand also the difference in house systems. Which ones are “good” or not good? And based on what?

The houses are totally different placed with Morinus. In my case for e example the moon in 12th instead of 1 and the sun in house 5 instead of house 6 suites me better in my personality and in my whole life …..

Who has experience with Morinus? Any feedback is welcome
Thanks

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
August 30, 2021 at 08:08
(Aquarius) Catch-22
I´m just wondering on how to interpret Morinus.

My first house starts in Gemini, but my Asc stays Cancer. MC not such a problem because still Pisces, but if it were the case, I wonder on how to read it.
August 17, 2021 at 15:01
(Aries) JayJayAstrology
Morinus is one of the quadrant house systems, so it is similar to Placidus, Porphyry, Koch and several others. I think - personally - the quandrant house systems are more accurate than whole sign - or equal house - but you will get varying opinion on that. The whole house system requires a whole different way of interpreting. If you like the quadrant house systems - the differences are fairly slight. But different astrologers will swear by Koch or Placidus or Porphyry or Morinus as THE ONE they like to use. It just depends upon how you read. I´m a Placidus reader - and of course - I like it best. To me, whole sign misses out on a lot of subtleties that the quadrant houses offer. But, like I say - whole sign readers will argue it gives the best reading - for them.

LOW COST BEGINNER´S TUESDAY CLASS BEGINS SEPT 14, 2021 - 30 WEEKS - INFORMATION: https://thesoulmustsing.weeblysite.com/…. I do western astrology readings, dream interpretation, and mind-body healing by a donation of your choice - and classes at reasonable rates. Sign up for my newsletter!
August 16, 2021 at 21:20
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Seanfhear, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Honestly, I never used it before and I always preferred the whole sign system and it did fit me on various level.
Out of curiosity I´ve checked the Morinus just now and WOW... it´s a real mess to me.

I don´t know why the houses had changed in time but the classical and the original one is the whole sign system (and if you are into Vedic astrology, this is the default system). Each sign is a house of its own.

Placidus was probably created in Medieval times and it is based on dividing quadrants (areas between lines of AC, MC, DC, IC) into 3 equal houses each - regardless of the sign. Most Western astrologers I´d say use this system now.

Good or not good? I wouldn´t say this is the question, but rather "does it click with you as an astrologer or not?".

I´ve listened from various astrologers who use the sidereal zodiac for example and many of them say it yields some good results and interpretations but not as much as the typical Tropical. So, many of them actually use the tropical zodiac BUT within the context of Vedic interpretation and concepts.
So, you see, the houses system is more or less like that sidereal/tropical debate. Some system clicks with one but not the other. One astrologer I follow uses the Whole Sign system in all his work but uses the Placidus for specific questions only (but he didn´t say what), and he rarely does even. This goes also for outer planet beyond Saturn and asteroids.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Sagittarius Sagittarius
Show calendar »