How can my 6th house be ruled by the 4th when I have no family?

August 16, 2021 at 13:46 (UT/GMT)
(Leo) Anni23
How can my 6th house be ruled by the 4th when I have no family?
I don´t see the influence that is possible

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
September 11, 2021 at 20:00
(Gemini) Edy » JayJayAstrology
Thank you!
September 11, 2021 at 16:24
(Aries) JayJayAstrology » Edy
It totally depends upon how a person responds to those planets in those signs. There is no solid answer. Mars in Cancer is not either good or bad - I don´t believe in detriment or fall or exaltation -- that assumes that a planet doesn´t do well in some signs, when in reality, they can do just fine - it depends upon how they are functioning in the chart and how the person is using that energy.
September 11, 2021 at 12:26
(Aquarius) viv » Anni23
Yes true,some people say that. What I learned though is that both Jupiter and Neptune share the(modern) rulership of Pisces.Jupiter as a personal planet is more accessible. It is in Libra so working with others to achieve ideals of fairness, justice, kindness in some way would be helpful as would creating beauty.. Your Neptune RX is conjunct Uranus RX, which while generational, is a huge ask for radical transformation placed right at the base of your personality. I see the IC and 4th as just that, the base, the home ground. You may not be able to change your family but you still came through them, still have to deal with ancestral stories and inherited patterns and the communications style you experienced growing up and to this day. You can gradually transform this as it exists within you but it´s a life task. Naturally that will affect your ongoing relationships. Jupiter tends to offer a bit of positivity even when in the 12th so it may be more accessible as an ally.BTW in the Hellenistic Whole Sign system its in the first house and Jupiter is rising, so go Libra! V
September 11, 2021 at 09:49
(Leo) Anni23 » viv
Not to be going too much into it...
"Family" that I may not end up knowing hardly count I would say.
I do have family by the barest definition yes though

Um modern astrology says neptune rules pisces

I personally am undecided, so I will consider jupiter to see what effects it may have
September 11, 2021 at 07:58
(Aquarius) viv
Hi Anni
I´m puzzled by your question.

First of all I know from previous conversations you do have family even if you feel distant from them.

Second your fourth house is in Capricorn which is ruled by Saturn. Your sixth house is Pisces which is ruled by Jupiter but unoccupied. Where did you get the idea that your sixth is ruled by the fourth? V
September 11, 2021 at 06:22
Thank you for your answer Jay Jay! This is an absolutely new notion for me!
I just was curios if the Mutual Reception is good when the energy of the planets is similar or in all cases? I mean do they help each other being placed in another´s sign? For example Mars in Cancer and Moon in Aries...
September 10, 2021 at 20:07
(Aries) JayJayAstrology » Edy
Mutual reception is showing a relationship between the two planets. They are in each other´s signs - and so they will influence each other back and forth. It´s another way that planets can relate besides the aspects (squares, trines, etc).

Mutual Reception happens at the ends of dispositor trees - so they often have greater influence over other planets too - but that depends upon each person´s chart. Some people do not have planets in mutual reception.

There´s nothing more to it - they are just influencing each other.
September 10, 2021 at 16:28
May I ask you why is good the mutual reception? Or is good only in certain situations?
September 10, 2021 at 11:50
(Aries) JayJayAstrology » Anni23
There is a lot of bad information out there, you know. That´s why I always recommend reading books to build a good foundation - from reputable astrologers. Otherwise, a person can go crazy over trying to understand astrology.

Mutual reception has nothing to do with houses or aspects. It is all about rulership. Sun in Cancer is ruled by Moon. Moon in Gemini is ruled by Mercury. It´s dispositorship. Mutual reception can be seen when you look at rulers of signs the planets are in. The planets may be aspected or not - and that is totally besides the point - has nothing to do with it
September 10, 2021 at 07:19
(Leo) Anni23 » JayJayAstrology
Sorry I think that I meant the 4th and the 5th, and then the 6th seems like it´s just linked.

Ohh yes, hmmm I have read that my uranus and saturn are in mutual reception as well. I think that I haven´t completely understood or looked into that as much though. Seems like somewhat contradictory influences right? :63:

And I´m unsure how it would be particularly good or beneficial

Saturn in Aquarius has been the one planet in my chart that I do not understand/relate to.

Though I perceive some uranian influence on me, but I am unsure where that comes from

I see what you mean overall about mutual reception though. I have read something about some astrologers considering mutual reception as only possible through planets. But then also that may only be if their is a sextile etc between at least two planets.
September 10, 2021 at 05:11
(Aries) JayJayAstrology » Anni23
Mutual Reception happens between planets, not houses. There is no mutual reception between 6th and 4th. You do have mutual reception between Mercury and Moon. Mercury is in the Moon´s sign, Cancer, and the Moon is in Mercury´s sign, Virgo. This is mutual reception. Not everyone has a case of mutual reception in their charts, but if they do, it is always about planets in each other´s signs - and houses have nothing to do with defining mutual reception. The rulers of Pisces are Neptune found in 4th and Jupiter found in 12th - with no mutual reception. If Saturn was in Pisces, then Saturn and Neptune would be in mutual reception because they´d be in each other´s signs, but that is not the case here. However, Uranus in Capricorn is in mutual reception with Saturn in Aquarius - if you use modern rulers - as THEY are in each other´s signs. Lucky you, two sets of mutual reception!
September 10, 2021 at 04:53
(Leo) Anni23 » JayJayAstrology
Ahh ok.., I see. So my 4th house doesn´t necessarily have to be about family.

I meant both the mutual reception between houses and the rulership of houses
August 17, 2021 at 18:28
(Aries) JayJayAstrology
Planets are rulers. One house doesn´t rule another. The houses are just areas of human experience. You are really talking about the planets, right? Pisces on the 6th house gives Jupiter and Neptune rulers. So Jupiter and Neptune may have something to say as to the quality of what goes on in your 6th house. That´s what it means.

Jupiter is in Libra, conjunct ASC - so it suggests that doing some kind of service would be of interest to you - 6th house - or perhaps you are interested in health, pets, sciences. Jupiter is more important than Neptune as Neptune is a transpersonal planet. Still - I always look at both if there is a traditional and modern ruler. So, Neptune conjunct Uranus in the 4th - in Capricorn - could give your 6th house activities a sense of need to distinguish yourself in a service - to ground yourself in a service to others - to have empathy and compassion for others.

The 4th house is about compassion and understanding - on the positive - it´s where we like to nurture and be nurtured - and in y our case, I don´t think you got a lot of emotional nurturing - but - when you give it, it usually fulfills what you have missed out on.

LOW COST BEGINNER´S TUESDAY CLASS BEGINS SEPT 14, 2021 - 30 WEEKS - INFORMATION: https://thesoulmustsing.weeblysite.com/…. I do western astrology readings, dream interpretation, and mind-body healing by a donation of your choice - and classes at reasonable rates. Sign up for my newsletter!
August 17, 2021 at 11:31
(Leo) cubic
Ruler of 6th is in the 12th
August 17, 2021 at 11:17
(Leo) Anni23 » Rosincvist
Sure.. but I meant that my experience so far in real life is not centered around my family

And yet some interpretations of my chart would beg to differ
August 17, 2021 at 03:00
(Taurus) Rosincvist
There is no such thing as having no family; When people go into the afterlife; A true biological relative is waiting as a greeter, not the neighbours, not the deacon who wishes he was a priest, not the parents who payed a nurse to swap a deformed baby with a lively baby!
August 16, 2021 at 16:21
(Leo) Anni23 » lnsabch
Thanks for rhe pointers. I´ll look to neptune and possibly jupiter.
Perhaps I should go see a professional astrologer for some pointers on this issue.

I agree that generational aspects are not so important. Also considering this and how for ten years everyone had neptune in Capricorn I do not consider this aspect as particularly negative in of itself.

Additionally I am not such a ultra traditional astrology believer to consider ideas like- retrograde is overall bad influence.

Also I really wasn´t joking about currently having no family essentially.
So whatever "familial effects" these houses have had on me do lie in the past.

Of course I am aware of how traditionally people lived close to their families and least appeared to get on, and how many astrologers like to make many aspects about family. Even hehe with people like me who literally don´t have one.
Yet today is a different world
August 16, 2021 at 15:47
(Taurus) lnsabch
Indeed, the ruler of your 6th is in the 4th. But, classical astrology teaches that we should look also to the condition of that ruler.

In your case, the ruler is Neptune (and Jupiter using traditional astrology). See the conditions of your rulers of 6th:
-Neptune conjunct Uranus (a generational aspect, but nevertheless important)
-Neptune opposite Mercury (in 10th)
-Neptune quincunx Venus (in 9th)
-Neptune trine Mars/Venus (in 12th)
-Neptune square Ascendant
-Neptune sextile Pluto (a generational aspect)

Neptune is also in Capricorn, not a good sign for it at all (ruled by Saturn). It is also retrograde (pretty common, but still).

If you read the meanings of these natal aspects, and then think on how this influences your 6th (work, everyday tasks, pets, health/illness), you might get more clarity. Also consider that the planets Neptune aspects also rule other houses! It´s complicated.

Another thought about family: different relatives are said to be depicted by different houses. For example, Mother=10th, Father =4th (these are often reversed), siblings=3rd, other relatives you see often =3rd, genetic inheritance=8th.

Also think on this: in olden times when astrology was used, you lived with all your family and often saw most of them everyday. Today, this isn´t the case.
August 16, 2021 at 14:39
(Leo) Anni23 » Seanfhear
Point taken that the entire chart is linked together.
I am aware that my 12th house effects mostly my entire chart

But then also there is the 10th house to influence career etc.

Sure but I wonder how it will continue to effect me directly after the point that I have no contact with family in years to come

I will wait and see if someone else answers

Thanks
August 16, 2021 at 14:34
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Anni23
System message: Post has been written by user Seanfhear, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
your vision must exceed the physical world and the cause-effect as we see or feel it. It´s more like a butterfly effect; This is sometimes what people call (mistakenly) "karma".

As a beginner myself I can´t delve deeper into the issue, as it requires understanding the timing technique (or the Dasha, or planet time period/lord) and in Vedic astrology, astrologers would consult divisional charts, specially D9 or Navamsha to see into certain aspects; The strength of planets in the main chart, the transformation after certain age, potential consequences of partners - and other things.

For the time being as a beginner, all I can say is: There are things that affect us, but we don´t see or even consider, most of the time, including relationships with our mothers.
August 16, 2021 at 14:21
(Leo) Anni23 » Seanfhear
Sure... I may have had some issues with my mother which are ongoing.

Indeed maybe they are linked to the root of my problems..

Yet I may be overcoming them by distancing myself from her. Separation is sometimes best.

However I don´t think that my relationships have been effected by these issues.
Though I have other "12th house issues" that I keep to myself rather well

I don´t see what link this makes to my 6th house or between my 4th and 5th though.

And beyond this how is my 5th and 6th house influenced by the 4th house, going into the future?

By general capricorn-cancer themes?.. :25:
August 16, 2021 at 14:16
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Anni23
System message: Post has been written by user Seanfhear, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
The houses system are different in portions. Placidus which most people use (specially in the West) divides the houses based on quadrants (i.e. each quarter of the chart has 3 houses of equal areas) and that might cause one sign to stretch over 2 houses or one house to stretch 2 houses as well and so on.
Whole House system is simple and it is the classical approach. Each sign is considered a house on its own starting from the ascendant sign (as House 1).
Your 4th house is in Capricorn and its ruled by Saturn, and it is in the 5th house. I´m a beginner but I might feel that your education or hardships in romance are related to mother issues. The moon, the significator of the mother (and the mind) is in the 12th house in Virgo; 12th House is house of distance, endings, spirituality at some point, as well as death sometimes. Not sure what your circumstances are but I´m guessing your mother is not around maybe, and it is linked to some of the hardships you might face in education and/or romance even.

This is my guess as I´m a beginner.
August 16, 2021 at 14:08
(Leo) Anni23 » Seanfhear
Well I have no -house/family/lands/property/homeland/Mother.

Isn´t my 4th house ruled by the 5th in both systems?

Umm sorry I don´t understand the implication here?
And the ruler of my 6th is still in the 4th..
though my 4th and 5th houses are in mutual reception
(I still haven´t quite figured that one out either!)
August 16, 2021 at 14:04
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
=====
A single house is an indicator of various things not just one parameter. The 4th house is house/family/lands/property/homeland/Mother.

According to the Whole sign system, I see that your 4th house lord is Saturn, and placed in 5th house, not the 6th house. 5th House is about Romance/Education/Children/Luck.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Cancer Cancer
Show calendar »