Saturn-Moon contact in Synastry

August 11, 2021 at 20:06 (UT/GMT)
(Virgo) rohini moon
Saturn-Moon contact in Synastry
Has anyone experienced this?

I gave it some thought and since my Saturn is in the 12th house, you´d think it would be gloom and doom but, it isn´t.

Ive found with those who have their Moon conjunct my Saturn that there seems to be an emotional bond, from the beginning. Me as the Saturn person, feels more nurturing and protective over them, than anything else. An acceptance of who they are - no matter what. I´ve read it gives an "emotional binding" effect.

I´ve never had this synastry with anyone in a relationship though, I´m going off of relatives/friends. Does anyone out there have a moon / Saturn synastry contact and how does it work for you?

( total coincidence, I bring this up when Moon just entered Libra... right over my Saturn! :22: :22: :22:)

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
September 28, 2021 at 10:37
(Leo) Northerneuropean
I have:
My :157: :192: her :152:
It´s binding, I feel responsibility about her, her emotions.
But in the same time, sometimes I am strict against her.
But as we have :152: :191: :152:, I can feel what shee feels and I have a lot of compassion towards her.
Her :157: :193: my :152: - thats better and probably helps to resolve my :157: :192: to her :152:.
I also have :157: :192: :152: in my natal.

What is difficult - her (and mine) :152: is in :174:
but my :157: is in :180:.
September 25, 2021 at 20:15
(Aquarius) nikkia
I find this an interesting question, so I looked up a few close friendships. My two BFF´s and I have Saturn/Moon connections.

Friend 1) My Saturn trines her Moon:
When younger, we used to be VERY protective of one another. I´d rush to her defense faster than my own... and visa versa... only she´s the type who buries bodies, if you know what I mean. I had to call off her dogs a few times.

Friend 2) My Saturn squares her Moon -- not usually a great thing. She´s very private about her feelings, but when she does open up, she claims she feels better because I ´hear´ her. I don´t judge. We´ve had similar heartaches in life, so I ´get´ her in ways other people just don´t, won´t or can´t.

Now, what´s really interesting is that the three of us ladies were the "Three Musketeers" for the longest time... until... those two had a falling out. I looked at THEIR synastry: There is Moon square Saturn WITH Saturn square Venus -- the proverbial Gordian Knot. Ah-ha!

I recently met someone whose Moon sextiles my Saturn which would seem great, right? Nope. My Saturn also squares their Venus - Gordian Knot, again. I felt that blast from the first moment I laid eyes! Cut my losses. Fast. This person was always going to try to make their issues my problem. Thank you, no.

Another person I am very close to for many years, who is also very protective of me, although there is no Saturn/Moon connection. But Sun, Moon, ASC, Jupiter and bunch of other lovely planetary connections makes this a very pleasant, cooperative, creative, loyal friendship that we hope to enjoy until one of us is
no more.
September 25, 2021 at 18:27
(Virgo) LotusStar
I had this with my ex boyfriend.

He was Moon. We were very emotionally supportive of each other but I found him too immature and childish sometimes and it annoyed me. I found myself acting like I need to reign him in and I didn´t want to sign up for this gig for the rest of my life. It was a problem between us. (Edit: I helped him give up an addiction he had ultimately) I have heard it´s better when the man is the Saturn. It feels a bit like parent / child dynamic sometimes I hate to say it. You feel responsible for each other.

Anyway, I still think it has very good sides too. Very enduring loyal bond.

I also have this with my dad, me being Saturn. I really disliked some of his habits like chain smoking and his short temper.
August 15, 2021 at 14:31
(Capricorn) degreesofsin
I have this experience with my best friend, my Moon is exactly conjunct her Saturn in her 12th house. From the first time we ever spoke, we instantly clicked and I felt like I had known her for for my entire life. I feel like I can tell her anything, which is usually hard for me. We have many Moon and Saturn contacts, but this is the one I find most fascinating and possibly the most potent, possibly due to her being a Cancer sun and me a Capricorn sun.
August 15, 2021 at 13:53
(Aquarius) viv
Yes I have a deep bond with a younger guy. His moon Libra is conjunct my Saturn in my 12th (with 7 degree orb ) and his 10th, and both are opp his Saturn in Aries in his 4th and my sixth. Lots of affection and useful co working. Of course there are his own Moon opp Saturn issues, and I feel, I’m a kind of witness at times shining a light there, a light softened by my Neptune, also in the mix. Even when we are not in contact the bond feels ongoing.
August 11, 2021 at 21:46
(Gemini) (dragonfly) » rohini moon
Thanks Rohini, I had no idea about that !
August 11, 2021 at 21:40
(Virgo) rohini moon » (dragonfly)
I can see that. Love her unconditionally, as a friend. It´s a great bond in synastry. One of Saturns better contacts ..if not, THEE best. :) Saturn as the holder of the most karmic planet, most likely points to you two having previous relationships in the past.
August 11, 2021 at 21:38
(Gemini) (dragonfly) » rohini moon
"Personally, I think this contact is a very good one."

To be honest, she is one of the most important people in my life.
August 11, 2021 at 21:35
(Gemini) (dragonfly)
Wow, I just realised that I also have a trine between the Moon and Saturn in synastry with another friend. But it´s a relatively short friendship. We have only been friends for 7 years. So we have not been through the test of time yet :3:

But it seems to be promising.
Our other aspects are:

:151: :193: :151:
:153: :193: :154:
:153: :193: :155:
:160: :191: :151: and so on...
August 11, 2021 at 21:32
(Virgo) rohini moon » (dragonfly)
I have heard it makes for long lasting connections due to Saturns slow moving nature. Also, that much time can pass by without taking or seeing one another and you pick up where You left off as if no time had passed.

Personally, I think this contact is a very good one.
August 11, 2021 at 21:06
(Gemini) (dragonfly)
I have this experience. My best friend and I have been friends for about 38 years. More or less, because neither of us can remember when we met. We must have been about 4 maybe 5 years old.

Our friendship has survived my many moves and various original ideas for living, which she could not understand. I´ve always wondered how that relationship didn´t fall apart but maybe it was because of the aspects between Saturn and Moon in our synastry.

Her :157: :193: my :152: and :191: my :157:

My :157: :191: her :152:

But my :156: :191: her :151: as well

I think, we have many other aspects that work in our favour.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Leo Leo
Show calendar »