My sleep schedule is jacked.

July 31, 2021 at 23:28 (UT/GMT)
(Virgo) RohiniMoon
My sleep schedule is jacked.
For good reasons right now, but it´s still rather obnoxious.

Anyone ever dealt with a change in sleep schedule and...have any remedies to fall asleep faster and better...aside from black-out curtains?

:7:

Posts in topic

Page: 4 3 2 1
Sort posts:
August 5, 2021 at 04:07
(Virgo) RohiniMoon » fishscales
"Chloe’s parent company, The Wine Group, a privately held, investment firm, makes MD 20/20, a cheap, fortified wine that comes in a variety of nauseating flavors ranging from Orange Jubilee to Peaches and Cream and Banana Red that appeal to college students and gentlemen of the highway who leave their empties under bridges and in the bushes along the road"

^^^ that´s being polite. But pretty solid review...
August 5, 2021 at 01:30
(Pisces) fishscales » RohiniMoon
I was reading this guy´s column "Drinking From The Bottom Shelf" because a search for "MD 2020" led me there...I didn´t know what the stuff was until this thread, so I wanted to read about it...

It actually got a pretty good review *in comparison* to some of the other cheap swill he reviewed, like the Boone´s Farm I used to drink in my youth...

That color is still horrific though...and rest assured, despite the "good" review, I will not be rushing out to procure any any time soon...
August 4, 2021 at 23:12
(Virgo) RohiniMoon » OctoberScorpio
It was so vile... it was so bad that I can still smell it if I close my eyes and think... the smell of it alone would make me want to heave. :28:
August 4, 2021 at 22:11
(Scorpio) OctoberScorpio
When my mind won’t shut off and I need to get some sleep is the worst.

Keeping the space minimal in the bedroom does make a huge difference. as crazy as it sounds, I even pulled the bed away from the walls. idk, feng shui. I also started the habit of spraying lavender in the bedroom, on the pillow cases, sheets etc. (in a spray bottle, distilled water and lavender essential oil, add a small drop of dish soap to help dissolve the oil) Drinking herbal tea or warm baths are good, they do help but it only relaxes the body. The real challenge is to calm the mind, brain always sends signals to the body (and vice versa) so if the mind is stressed or anxious or racing through thoughts, then it triggers something physical, hence keeping me awake.

When this happens, I’ll start writing to clear my mind. Sometimes it´s just random words, doesn’t really matter if it’s full sentences, or I’ll just doodle, abstraction. Other times, I’ll grab a book (boring, non stimulating) and start reading, it distracts me from what my mind is running on. Usually I´ll fall before the end of a chapter.

I do think as we get older biorhythms change. No matter what time I go to sleep Im up around 5am. It really sucks when you wanna sleep-in on weekends. . .

and I remember the MD 20/20. This stuff was strong back in the days, maybe 16, 18% alcohol filled with sugar! enough to give a massive headache the next day :23:
August 4, 2021 at 01:49
(Pisces) fishscales » plumreme
"can´t argue with the Sun. I wake up with it or not much after, regardless of how little sleep. God speed"

This has been me the past year too.

Don´t know if it´s age catching up with me or not. I used to be a night owl.

Either way, I feel alot better in general.

You need that solar fire...
August 3, 2021 at 23:43
(Leo) plumreme » RohiniMoon
oooh.. yup ... can´t argue with the Sun. I wake up with it or not much after, regardless of how little sleep. God speed :3:
August 3, 2021 at 22:41
(Virgo) RohiniMoon » plumreme
It was mainly the sun coming out... and trying to get to sleep when it´s time to wake up..that sort of thing....

Pitch black room always helps... sun invigorates us, even if we´re tired physically ..our mental clock it´s really saying: time to get up and start the day..

Ooh yeah, the excerising I do first thing as soon as I wake up everyday. I like to get it out of the way - be done with it.....and usually my abs are done for the day come night time....

But I can´t lie, I thought about doing some cardio once or twice to tire myself out when I couldn´t fall asleep in the past..

Thanks plum! :4: :15:
August 3, 2021 at 22:37
(Leo) plumreme
This problem is one of the suckiest.

What´s worked for me:

keep bedroom super minimal and clean (nothing on walls, just a plant or two, bed, dresser, lamp, and no devices in there) boring but it works.

abdominal exercise 1-2 hours before bed... enough to get the "wiped out" feeling in the trunk

magnesium calm (the powder)

melatonin (if it´s bad, a few times per day)

blue light reduction or no phone/laptop for hour before bed

hot bath just before

light stretch in bed

body scan meditation

or box breath (6 in, 6 hold, 6 out, 4 hold...so not really a box, but...)

If I wake up and can´t get back, it sounds silly, but I breathe like someone who is deeply sleeping breathes (almost a snore) ... deep in, blow out quickly, a pause before next breath... you know what it sounds like in someone else.

It´s quite a routine, I know, but when it´s bad, it works.

also... shout out to MD 20/20
August 2, 2021 at 22:14
(Virgo) RohiniMoon » ram_goat
Yes, sit down..stay awhile...let´s have a nice cold... glass? cup? O´ joe
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
August 2, 2021 at 21:44
(Aries) ram_goat
More cold drinks!
August 2, 2021 at 21:19
(Taurus) Iceblu333 » RohiniMoon
Hmmm, wonder if that´s how astronauts do it... drink water
August 2, 2021 at 21:18
(Virgo) RohiniMoon » Iceblu333
https://www.tpomag.com/online_exclu…

Drink up!

All brands do it.. not just Budweiser. Sick, vile shit.

"Toilet to tap" :28: :28: :28:
August 2, 2021 at 21:17
Surprised it´s on youtube... that wasn´t censored...
August 2, 2021 at 21:16
Why I clicked that..l don´t know...
:23:
August 1, 2021 at 23:00
(Virgo) RohiniMoon » goldenlion32
You got company here, along with teddy 🐻🐻 :)

Reminds me of my Teddy Ruxpin as a kid.
August 1, 2021 at 22:58
(Virgo) RohiniMoon » fishscales
It´s.... MD 20/20 ...aka Maddog 20/20..aka Gut Rot

They have other flavors...just what I randomly found. They all taste gross.

Kids will drink anything to get bombed.
August 1, 2021 at 22:24
(Taurus) Iceblu333 » Iceblu333
Well... I wasn´t gonna go here... but...

Just found this... by mistake...

Four Loko ad? Maybe...

Link;

https://youtu.be/z-tMlb2yHfg
YouTube
YouTube
August 1, 2021 at 22:18
(Pisces) fishscales » RohiniMoon
Wtf is that stuff?

The color is horrible..

I thought Boone´s Farm was bad..
August 1, 2021 at 22:13
Funny enough... I haven´t drank anything for 2 months...

I have 2 big bottles on my counter in my kitchen... and haven´t touched them yet...

I´m not that bored yet... so... I think I´ll leave them there for a rainy day...
August 1, 2021 at 22:11
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32
i just have a teddy bear! lol Not sleeping much either!
August 1, 2021 at 22:10
Just mark me as... abnormal... :4:
August 1, 2021 at 22:10
No... I have an extremely high alchohol tolerance...

I can drink an entire bottle of liquor and still function like normal...

I may smell like pure ethanol... but I can still function and will remain awake if I´m hyper focused on something...

Like researching...
August 1, 2021 at 22:07
I actually went to a party and refused to drink because it... just wasn´t potent enough...

I just drank water... :61:

They were like... are you crazy...

I was like... yall have fun :61:
August 1, 2021 at 22:06
It doesn´t do anything? If that´s true, they must´ve changed the ingredients since the late 90s....it def. did something...

We also drank Cisco...ughughugh

But, we were also like 15. Anything will get a 15 yr old f-ed up
August 1, 2021 at 22:05
MD 20/20...

it´s not strong enough for me... it will make you sick though...

But for me... it doesn´t do anything...

I need liquor... no fillers...

Pure liquor...
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2021
Moon calendar
Moon in Aries Aries
Show calendar »