asteroid psyche?

July 27, 2021 at 22:03 (UT/GMT)
(Capricorn) zeecappy
asteroid psyche?
hey i have just been starting to learn about asteroids. what are some thoughts on the significance of asteroids? How important are they? Or do some astrologers not place significance into asteroids. i was looking at my natal chart and noticed psyche right between my moon pluto conjunction. like a little secret that has been hiding there until i learned about asteroids lol. sometimes its hard to find info about how aspects affects moon pluto as a conjunction instead of individually, so would love some help!
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
July 29, 2021 at 19:32
(Capricorn) zeecappy » Jay Jay
thanks! i understand now
July 29, 2021 at 19:32
(Capricorn) zeecappy » fishscales
i see thanks for your input!
July 28, 2021 at 15:17
(Aries) Jay Jay » fishscales
That´s good advice. Helps to narrow down what´s important - yeah - otherwise, it´s just too much information to try to process. The best astrologers keep it simple - at least - the ones I aknow and dmire.
July 28, 2021 at 14:47
(Pisces) fishscales » Jay Jay
Although I do think asteroids can provide alot of subtle nuance and insight into a chart, I totally agree that one should learn and become solid with the fundamentals first.

It gets to a point, especially for a beginner, that there´s just too much information, and it becomes akin to white noise.

Another thing that has helped me incorporate asteroids into a chart in a more focused, coherent way: I only pay attention to asteroids that are conjunct a planet or a sensitive point in the chart.

Asteroids that are just floating around in the "space" of a chart, or trine this or sextile that, I pay little mind to.
July 28, 2021 at 14:29
(Aries) Jay Jay » Jay Jay
I also think beginners should focus on learning how to read a chart without the asteroids - just because if you put too much emphasis on asteroid meanings, you could really be missing out on what the planets are saying - I definitely think it´s important to learn the fundamentals first - planets in signs and houses and in aspect - then if you are so inclined, to learn stuff like asteroids and fixed stars - which can add understanding - but it needs to resonate with the whole to be really useful. At least, that´s how I think . . .
July 28, 2021 at 14:18
(Aries) Jay Jay » fishscales
I agree with Fishscales. I think of them as "ornaments" or "adjectives". I don´t see them saying anything the planets don´t already say - but they can add and reinforce themes that the planets are pointing to. Some astrologers use them extensively and consider them important parts to their reading - but, I don´t often feel that is necessary. I play with them - but on the whole, the planets are enough for me to get to the heart of a chart.
July 28, 2021 at 03:22
(Pisces) fishscales » zeecappy
An asteroid is not neccesarily an emphasis of whatever aspect its involved in (although yeah, it´ll flavor that aspect...)

But you may find it´s placement reinforces other themes in the chart...

For instance, in my chart, the asteroid Karma is in Scorpio...

I have Saturn, the planet of karma, in the 8th...

The placement of Karma in Scorp reinforces the theme of karma involving 8th house/Plutonian/Scorpionic affairs, represented by the placement of Saturn...

I also have Black Moon Lilith conjunct my asteroid Karma...Lilith can be said to be associated with some 8th house matters...so again, the theme of karma regarding 8th house affairs repeats itself...

I am not sure about my asteroid Psyche...I don´t even remember where it is in my chart, honestly...it´s just not one of the asteroids I feel very connected to...but that doesn´t mean it´s not important to other people, especially if they feel some kind of "connection" to it...
July 28, 2021 at 02:39
(Capricorn) zeecappy » viv
yes that would be amazing if you did that. What do you mean with the asteroids you use, is there another way to look at asteroids in chart? No worries it is awesome you even respond at all, im appreciative.
July 28, 2021 at 02:20
(Aquarius) viv » zeecappy
Both. I think they can definitely influence events.
Some are in the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter It’s a possibility they help more with attuning our personal will to more universal Jupiterian ideas and ideals. Others are out beyond Saturn and others again are trans Neptunian and orbit
between Neptune Pluto and Eris. Astrologers are still researching what they can offer us.
If you like I can put your chart through astro.com with the asteroids I use? Let me know. Can’t do it for a couple days as I have a big workshop on tomorrow. Best Viv
July 28, 2021 at 01:46
(Taurus) Rosincvist » zeecappy
Scrying is like mirror magick only with a modest reflecting surface !
The Heliocentric charts have been here at Astro-Seek a little while always ready for a looksee!
July 28, 2021 at 01:41
(Capricorn) zeecappy » Rosincvist
Hey, can you please educate me on all those terms in your first sentence lol also what is a heliocentric chart? still learning about the complex and in depth world that is astrology. I have read so much and still feel like i only scratch the surface.
July 28, 2021 at 01:37
(Capricorn) zeecappy » Jaided
Thats alot on your descendant. Is your descendant the kind of people you attract right? I am still learning lol. Im still trying to learn if asteroids can represent situations/ppl, or if they are just related to your personality/spirit.
July 28, 2021 at 01:35
(Capricorn) zeecappy » viv
THanks, do you find asteroids more relations to energy, or event and people? Or both? I know 12th house is a kharmic house, would psyche add more to my past life kharma/ current situations, or more just and emphasis on how my moon-pluto conjunction manifest in my persona?
July 28, 2021 at 01:32
(Capricorn) zeecappy » fishscales
Ok so psyche is basically just an emphasis on my moon-pluto conjunction since psyche is said to be scorpionic in nature right? Super cool do you see its effects in your chart?
July 28, 2021 at 01:24
(Taurus) Rosincvist
Scrying stones relate to that red peanut in the cat gravel belt of the Solar System, `Psyche´ I have it close to :159: not really moving much in my heliocentric chart, most of the other asteroids move out of the way when the translation is made so it means a potential when I unlock real :159: -ian ray!
July 28, 2021 at 00:29
(Capricorn) Jaided
Good question, I have often wondered what it means having Eros, Pallas, Vesta and Sappho all on my Descendant in Pisces.
July 28, 2021 at 00:09
(Aquarius) viv
She indicates the journey of the soul, think about the myth of Eros and Psyche and all she had to endure to finally unite with the god of Love as her divine partner.
I think asteroids add a profound mythic layer to the chart, though they are like fine tuning after the basic developmental energies of the personal planets and the soul purpose energies of the trans personal planets ..best Viv
July 28, 2021 at 00:00
(Pisces) fishscales
"like a little secret that has been hiding there"

This sentence pretty much sums up the nature of asteroids in the natal chart in general.

Use them as accents, or in some cases, emphases, to what the planets are saying in your chart...

The planets are always stronger, but in asteroids you can often find subtle variations, or better said, embellishments, on the "main themes" theme put forth by the planets..

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2021
Moon calendar
Moon in Aries Aries
Show calendar »