Difference between life path and destiny no??

July 20, 2021 at 10:15 (UT/GMT)
(Libra) Veri935
Difference between life path and destiny no??
What’s the clear difference. They seem like they are almost the same thing, the name of both after all means almost the same thing..
Also additional question, which no after these two are the most important in the overall life of a individual?

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
July 22, 2021 at 13:17
(Scorpio) OctoberScorpio » viv
Thanks Viv!

I´ve noted the names you mentioned. I will, since I´m curious about this, specially when you mentioned with "wings" . . .

I´ve always been more self-taught but I do understand the benefits of committing to a course. The information is delivered in more structured manner and also the pros of meeting people with likeminded interests, specially when it comes to metaphysic subjects.
July 22, 2021 at 11:55
(Aquarius) viv » OctoberScorpio
Yes there’s nothing like your own observation in the end. Study though can give you more hypotheses to test out!

It doesn’t cost anything to go look at the Shift Network courses and check the content. There’s often lots of free info just in their course descriptions. They also do free summits too where you can listen to a dozen teachers on the topic over a few days for nothing (like astrology hub) You get the recordings for 48 hrs. Of course when you sign up they ask if you want to pay $99 to keep all the material but I’ve only ever done that once over maybe eight or ten summits. For them it’s a) a genuine service and b) a way to get people interested in eight week courses. I’ve done some 8 week courses too with Robert Moss on Dreamwork as I’d already trained with him.That’s how I know how well organised they are. Ive also used the site just to find out what’s out there, who’s written what and what’s on their websites.

Most practitioners have free stuff on their websites too as a way to introduce their work. Eileen McCusker who does toning into the human biofield to clear ancestral issues and help with everyday stress and anxiety and various illnesses has a bunch of free recordings for example that I think are amazing... have fun.
July 22, 2021 at 03:56
Ooh, okay thanks for explaining. I heard but I don´t know anything about it. Given that it´s "relatively expensive" as you said, I think i´ll pass.

I suppose I´m more traditional. I learned in books and by observation, practice. Numerology never fails. The times where I have been skeptic or in doubt, I got staggered by how accurate it is.
July 22, 2021 at 03:20
(Aquarius) viv » OctoberScorpio
I’m an 8 in the enneagram system too but someone I found on the Shift Network who was offering a course last year has a website where she explains there are different types for each number Mind for example is 287 yep those numbers again. I’ll see if I can find her site for you.

Mm not sure if this IS the same woman but if you go on Shiftnetwork.com and put Ennegram into the search box under courses, a woman called Jessica Dibbs has a course there. The intro has a brief descriptor of the nature of each number. The course is experiential like all Shift Network courses but I haven’t done it. I have done others though and while they are relatively expensive they are very well run.
July 21, 2021 at 23:48
"The enneagram (with wings) has a more sophisticated take on this I found."

oh nice! Im unfamiliar with the enneagram. Can you explain what are the differences you found in one compared to the other ?

I feel like with those personality tests a person could alter the answers, leading to different results. idk if this is what you meant :25:
July 21, 2021 at 23:17
(Aquarius) viv
It would be interesting to hear personal experiences re this My birth number add up to 8 and my full birth name adds up to 9 which just amplifies the 8 so I have no distance from this question.

The enneagram (with wings) has a more sophisticated take on this I found.
July 21, 2021 at 23:03
(Scorpio) OctoberScorpio » Veri935
"Many people are interested in astrology after all"

Yes of course, it´s in every newspaper. numbers are more niche. . .

try Hans Decoz, he has a website.

I am not familiar with his work but known to be reputable.
July 21, 2021 at 16:50
(Libra) Veri935 » OctoberScorpio
Surely there is some websites? Many people are interested in astrology after all
July 21, 2021 at 16:24
(Scorpio) OctoberScorpio
I strongly agree with what Fishscales said.

However in today’s age, people are very focused on the personality & ego. (Unfortunately)

Only in old esoteric books you will find the true meaning of numerology, not on the internet.
July 21, 2021 at 16:21
(Libra) Veri935 » fishscales
Do you know any good websites?

Sure, I can see that. But there is the personality no as well right?
July 21, 2021 at 15:03
(Pisces) fishscales » Veri935
I have read more traditional numerology material, and it is much more concerned with transformation and destruction of the ego than predictive, "what will happen to you" type of stuff.

So it´s not really about "accuracy", but about explaining universal principles, human evolution, etc.

It is also not at all concerned with personality, since according to traditional esoteric schools, the personality is fleeting and impermanent...it is not "who we are"...

A good working knowledge of Kaballah also helps to understand traditional numerology, otherwise, most of what they´re talking about will make little sense.
July 21, 2021 at 14:26
(Scorpio) OctoberScorpio » Veri935
The whole number is often called “maturity number” or from what I’ve seen online.

Most of the information is in your full name. You need your first given name at birth, usually on a birth certificate or any legal document.

Astroseek has a name calculator in numerology section if you want to check it out.
July 21, 2021 at 14:00
(Libra) Veri935 » fishscales
Oh yeah I think I know what you mean, but would you say that what more traditionally based numerology is more accurate?
July 21, 2021 at 12:32
(Pisces) fishscales
I´ve often wondered the same thing.

Although I firmly believe in the language/power/magic of numbers, I am somewhat distrustful of some of the labels and meanings assigned by the new age crowd...
July 21, 2021 at 12:01
(Libra) Veri935 » Cheliel
Well I suppose this makes sense given the name.. it’s the component which is pre-destined to manifest directly then? I sort of get the distinction between the life path, but also it seems that both woven together form some kind of path? Rather then being a final destination/or accomplished task.

So your saying that it’s the life path that “colours” the destiny? (Not the other way around)
July 21, 2021 at 11:52
(Libra) Veri935 » Alexios
I thought that I have heard it described similarly but the opposite way..
That the destiny or expression no is the mode?… or the channel via which the life path operates
July 21, 2021 at 11:50
(Libra) Veri935 » OctoberScorpio
Yes, most sites I’ve seen call it the destiny or expression no, from the full birth name.

I don’t know if I remember what the consonant no is..
Sorry what is the whole no?
July 21, 2021 at 10:28
(Scorpio) OctoberScorpio
Im just assuming you´re referring to the "destiny" as the number from your full name. Many sites will call them differently. Astroseek names it as Destiny/Expression I think.

I call them as they are, avoids the confusion.

The life path is the environment you´re in and the destiny is the qualities you want to develop, whatever you do in this area should bring achievements.

There´s a lot of numbers in a numerology chart.

-Life path (total of the birthday)
-Day number, (date you were born)
-Name number (total of all the letters in your name)
-Vowel number
-Consonant number

Also the Whole number (total of birthday and name) This one becomes mostly Imp after age 36.

Those are your core numbers. All your numbers are equally important.

Hope this helps.
July 21, 2021 at 07:59
(Cancer) Alexios
While Destiny (Fate) is the goal or task to achieve in life, Path is the way you do so.
July 20, 2021 at 16:19
(Leo) Cheliel
As far as I am concerned, I see destiny as something definitive, sealed, completed. You can´t evaluate someone´s destiny if it is in progress. It is therefore only its completion that allows us to look at the destiny of an individual. One goes towards one´s destination, but when one uses the term "destiny", it has happened, it has been accomplished.

Where destiny is the goal to be reached, the path of life is the unfolding of the story that leads to the fulfillment of destiny.

Passing on and retransmitting love are the two most important and significant things on the path of life.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2021
Moon calendar
Moon in Aries Aries
Show calendar »