Aquarius, awkward or sociable??..

July 19, 2021 at 10:23 (UT/GMT)
(Libra) Veri935
Aquarius, awkward or sociable??..
I don’t quite think that I understand yet what Aquarian’s are supposed to be like.. Are they weird/social misfits and rebellious and indifferent to the opinions of others, or are they socially oriented, and sensitive towards group harmony and focused on upholding social structures and participation?
Also the ones thatI know aren’t that weird.

Sometimes it seems from what I read that they are all of the above

Posts in topic

Page: 3 2 1
Sort posts:
July 23, 2021 at 09:46
(Aries) Wolfmoon » viv
"5th generation kiwi
My father was a RNZN naval officer on loan to Royal Navy when I was born in UK but I grew up in NZ and so did my kids. I moved to WA 20 years ago for the next professional adventure and I’ve been all over. Living here now cos of grandkids."

:75:

Someone here who understands the importance of feijoa!!

Ahh yes. The professional adventure to Oz. More common now than the OE. Probably more kiwis in WA then Aussies?

Thank you very much for the information regarding profections :15: I shall enquire further
July 23, 2021 at 09:21
(Aquarius) viv » Wolfmoon
5th generation kiwi
My father was a RNZN naval officer on loan to Royal Navy when I was born in UK but I grew up in NZ and so did my kids. I moved to WA 20 years ago for the next professional adventure and I’ve been all over. Living here now cos of grandkids.

Profections
I’ve been checking out Hellenistic astrology recently. Rob Hand who wrote Planets in transit which I used for years, and Demetra George along with some others started to translate newly discovered texts from Latin, Greek and Arabic about 20 years ago. The best straightforward info I’ve found is on Chris Brennan’s site Astrology Podcast. You can get a diagram there.

Some the Hellenistic info it is more deterministic than I prefer but profections is a really simple wheel that suggests which house issues will come to the fore in any year of a person’s life. As far as I can tell I’d say it’s an extension of a 12 year Jupiter cycle though I haven’t read that.

Year zero to one is house one , year one to two is house two etc around back to year 11-12 being house 12 and 12-13 starting the next layer. It’s just a concentric ring of circles
The idea is that house one will be emphasised at zero to one 12-13, 24-25, 36-37, 48-49, 60-61, 72-73 etc

I’m trying it out on the charts I read . So I’m in a house nine year and studying a ridiculous amount, well I can’t travel! I feel like there’s another professional visibility phase coming, let’s see if it’s next year.
Cheers V
July 22, 2021 at 18:56
(Aries) Wolfmoon » viv
"I notice you’re a kiwi. Being from kiwi land too"

Profile says you´re British living in Australia? :63:

" It sounds like the Aquarian Asc is active. I also noticed the rulers of Asc is Saturn and Uranus are both in Sag in the eleventh house."

Oh yeah it´s active. Not alot made sense to me in society until I discovered I was Aqua Asc.

"By Hellenistic profection you are in a 12th house year so Aquarius should make itself know from your next birthday. I’m still learning this so hope it’s true."

I hope so to... what does the above mean? You lost me at Hellenistic Profection...
July 22, 2021 at 13:11
(Libra) Veri935 » viv
Well yes the two sets of behaviours are quite contradictory, so I don’t know what to expect lol. Although most of the Aquarians I have met so far seem social and not bent on contradictions for the sake of themselves/ which could counter intuitively go against social harmony.

Though they may appear a bit apathetic, impartial or caring one moment and cold the next :47:

Though as a libran some may call me ambivalent
July 22, 2021 at 08:42
(Aquarius) viv » Wolfmoon
Kia Ora Wolfman
I notice you’re a kiwi. Being from kiwi land too I rather like these creatures who shuffle around in the bush at night pleasing themselves but can smell a worm underground for a metre... feels kind of Aquarian too. I had a look at your chart and read what you said. It sounds like the Aquarian Asc is active. I also noticed the rulers of Asc is Saturn and Uranus are both in Sag in the eleventh house. The Saturn placement is interesting cos it’s like the handle of sword the tip of which is a yod..
By Hellenistic profection you are in a 12th house year so Aquarius should make itself know from your next birthday. I’m still learning this so hope it’s true.
Solar arc directions are also interesting Neptune and Mars are already across the Asc this year so Aquarius here we come Best Viv.
July 22, 2021 at 08:14
(Aquarius) viv » tantist
Ha ha I’m part of your tribe!
My Libra step mother father and sister had/have all the social graces and my step mother could excel at weather. remembered all birthdays and drove me crazy as a teenager. I only understood her years later. The interesting , to me, stuff was weird to them. Fortunately I found other Aquarians double quick fast.
July 22, 2021 at 07:32
(Aquarius) viv
Here’s a portrait of the quirky and to me wonderful, Aquarian household I lived in the year I was 20. Eleven of us in a lovely old 5x2 wooden house close to bus routes and the sea. All full time students, all working ten hours per week which was just enough for rent, power and food. Most of us made enough working Dec- Feb ie summers to pay our university fees so we did not need to worry about parental help or large loans. (Yes we were lucky) So:
8x Aquarian women
1x Aquarian man
1x Leo man (my partner who basked in it)
1x Virgo man (partner of one of the other women, who tried caringly and rather unnecessarily to keep us in order!)
Everyone else single sometimes.
Couples had a room each which could still be booked by anyone else for private study. The other two bedrooms, by booking, for anyone’s study or private time. The rest of the sleeping was on mattresses on the carpeted floor in a large lounge room surrounded by chests of drawers. Clean bathrooms, in fact clean house, mowed grass, weeded flower gardens, delighted land lady, sack of vegetables from co op each week, blocks of cheese from dairy factory etc etc Two ancient cars owned by individuals but shared as needed. Open plan kitchen looking into huge dining table with window seats on two sides. We cooked main meals only once a week each so meals were wonderful and most nights we had friends, and their friends, over and there was always the opportunity for long conversations, music or for a quiet walk down to the beach. There was never an argument that I recall, that Aquarian detachment!
For this Aquarian it was the perfect mix of freedom to come and go, friendship and structure.That’s Aquarius.
July 22, 2021 at 02:23
(Aquarius) sharonanne
Both! Depending on how I feelz
July 22, 2021 at 02:10
(Aries) Wolfmoon » fishscales
"I don´t buy that..."

Yeah neither did I. But being a student you kind of take all information before discerning it and coming to your own conclusion.

"You also have both rulers of your first house in the 11th, which would give an even stronger Aquarian vibe to your first house...

And both of those rulers of Aquarius are also personalized through trines to your sun and moon..."

And as I continue to learn I completely over looked the above :2:
July 22, 2021 at 02:03
(Pisces) fishscales » Wolfmoon
"I´m an Aqua Asc. I´ve heard people tell me that its not really me as I have no planets there."

I don´t buy that...

Maybe first house matters are less of a focal point for you, because you have no planets there...but that doesn´t make you "less" of an Aquarius ascendant...if anything, the expression of the ascendant will be purer, because you have no other planetary influences filtering through it...

You also have both rulers of your first house in the 11th, which would give an even stronger Aquarian vibe to your first house...

And both of those rulers of Aquarius are also personalized through trines to your sun and moon...

Not to mention being accidentally dignified by being in their home house...(some people don´t think that´s accidental dignity...I do.)

At any rate, Aquarius should not have too much of a problem expressing itself on your first...
July 21, 2021 at 23:03
(Aquarius) viv
As an Aquarian... I have to say I don’t like being told what to think of to do but haan’t been destructively rebellious (except maybe at 15 !) Rather like many Aquarians I’ve heard thd beat of a different drum as they say. I chose a career that barely existed when I was young, travelled, had friends of all ages from all over.. that’s pretty Aquarian but I have enough social adaptation to fit in as needed. Humanitarian yes, following very social nicety, not always. Fitting in is only for the sake of my connection with others, not something I’m interested for it’s own sake.

It’s helpful to think of the ancient ruler being Saturn which can be quite fixed and rule bound and thd modern ruler being Uranus which knows no bounds. Maybe expect your Aquarian friend to have quite fixed ideas and behaviours, perhaps, then change them without necessarily telling you why, to bring in the new!
July 21, 2021 at 22:20
(Aries) Wolfmoon
I´m an Aqua Asc. I´ve heard people tell me that its not really me as I have no planets there.

My whole life has been social rebellion. Apart from when I worked for the government, when I didn´t know what govt was at the time. I thought i was doing humanitarian work.

Obviously the rest of the chart helps but I´ve never been into social norms and thats only because I have always seen them as wrong, personally. It never made sense to me to wear pants down past your ass, the following of false idols etc

Because of that I became somewhat of a social outcast but was still fairly popular. At gatherings I can start a conversation then suddenly I have a crowd. I don´t enjoy the spotlight and my saturn in 11th prefers one on one´s.

Generally my topics are social and humanitarian. Its hard for me to focus on things that I don´t find interesting that most do. Sports, whats on TV, social media etc

But I have a wide conjunct of Saturn and Uranus.

On the whole, I dig Aqua because we get along.

My nephew is Aqua Sun and Aqua Asc. He´s very sociable and popular. He´s also a bit of a social misfit. He gets attached to his partners however, I don´t have his chart anymore to see why
July 21, 2021 at 19:54
(Gemini) (dragonfly)
My sister has Sun, Venus and Mercury in the sign of Aquarius. She is an extremely independent person. Many have tried to tame her, but so far without success...
In short, a brilliant mind, independence and a unique behaviour without looking at what others will say....she just doesn´t care.

But as well as Aquarius, she also has a strong Cancer sign, which makes her very protective and always the first to help. This mitigates her Aquarian nature a little bit. I would say "a little" is the key word here :61:
July 21, 2021 at 07:52
(Taurus) Dilanakia
I think they are from space.

They are the ones who will accept you as you are no matter what controversial idea you go to them with. I use the word accept and not love because their love language is cold logic. If they are talking to you and making plans with you that means that they love you. I personally need more attention so I generally don’t get too close to them. Both as friends or as in partnership.

Everyone is watching the wedding… an Aquarian thinks how does that speaker work. What is inside it? 😂😂 I think they are aliens.
July 20, 2021 at 10:17
(Virgo) powerofuniverse » ram_goat
Well, I noticed that, as it creates a square with Aquarius and Leo sign, it´s better if people don´t have their Sun squaring my Saturn otherwise they can perceive me a bit too serious and strict indeed lol.

I still get on very well with Leo and Aquarius people if they don´t have their Sun in the same degrees as my Saturn lol and even if it´s the case I can still get on well with them if there are others many very good aspects !

Other than that, I fortunately have Jupiter in the 5H trine my Sun so it still helps a bit regarding my 5th house.
July 20, 2021 at 10:00
(Aries) ram_goat
Are they weird/social misfits and rebellious and indifferent to the opinions of others, or are they socially oriented, and sensitive towards group harmony and focused on upholding social structures and participation?

Uranus is the planet of egoistic liberty.

Neptune is the planet of non-egoistic liberty.

a nice pair of opposites there.

But that tension between ego, liberty, and individuality is
what you find buried at the center of Aquarian types. Some express it
by being weird, some by thinking of others before themselves (but always
for their own hidden, often unspoken, individualistic reasons or agenda)
Sometimes expressing their individuality takes the form of being stubborn, difficult.
July 20, 2021 at 09:53
(Aries) ram_goat » powerofuniverse
Yes I think that not liking this superficiality is caused by my Virgo Sun and Taurus Saturn !!

...in the 5th house...

I have this too.. the effect is real.
July 20, 2021 at 09:45
(Pisces) fishscales » ram_goat
Yeah that pretty much nails it
July 20, 2021 at 09:44
(Libra) Veri935 » ram_goat
Exactly! Lol :61:
July 20, 2021 at 09:42
(Aries) ram_goat » fishscales
new meme.. old truths.
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
July 20, 2021 at 09:37
(Libra) Veri935 » tantist
Oh I just guessed, because I’ve seen similar combinations for intps , predominantly air-water people. Several cancers actually, and cancer-geminis. I suspect that they had more air on their ascendant as well or if not a pragmatic sign like Virgo or Capricorn. Though yes my guess is that overall these people have little earth or fire. Though planets in the 8th/9th are possible,

What interests me however… is how these people balance their water/emotions with their air signs?.. they certainly don’t appear emotional, but is this the actual case? To an extent does the air stifle the open expression of the water?

Also I Have noticed that a few have Uranus in Aquarius even if they do not have any other planets in Aquarius
July 19, 2021 at 15:56
(Aquarius) tantist » Veri935
I had to take a test but indeed, I´m INTP-T. I know air is blowing me away and the rest is washed away... No Earth to cover and a tiny bit of fire just to BBQ...

Why the question?
July 19, 2021 at 15:38
(Leo) MichelAngelo
The natural habitat of Aquarius is eleventh house, of course. This domicile coincides with the character of the numerological "eleven", representing the so-called "master vibration" - predisposing to perform the role of a guide, teacher, guru (Jupiter aspect). However, confrontation is possible, and even highly probable, offering the science of the balance between an individuality demanding a space in which it could be expressed (Uranus - the planet ruling this sign in the modern astrological perspective), and a conformism based on the need for social acceptance (Saturn - the planet traditionally ruling this sign).
The eleventh basement is a community environment where the herd instinct is dominant, and the strengthening of tribal ties is of paramount importance. This is symbolized by Shravana nakshatra (auricle; musicality, dance) and Dhanishta (urn, pitcher; communicative extrovertism, popularity thanks to the concrete promotion of ideas, populism, bringing "good news" and awareness-raising, but also remaining hidden, conspiratorial communication; etymologically it means "Ur" the name of the Mesopotamian capital, the biblical patrimony of Abraham).
A bomb with a delayed ignition, as the energetics of hot Pluto is called, undermines the above-mentioned features, giving an impulse to remove them and apply them (especially by visiting the tenth house natively, which he occupied with Aquarius).

The expansion of Jupiter favors "Water Carrier" knocking on the gates of castle ninth, revealing his tendency to cling to alternative sources of knowledge, just like the door of the cottage at number three standing open in front of him, in the living room of which he can feel at home.
The eighth house gives him psychic abilities, and in order not to enter the seventh, he rests his arms and legs, "feeling the writing with his nose" (the adage "What Aquarius is a divorcee", famous in astrological circles).
Checking in at the fourth house, he gives broadly understood freedom to his children (if he will, of course, see them) and to his neighbors, considering a necessary evil as a gargantuan intimacy conducive to mutual use of seemingly noble intentions; his protectiveness is essentially friendly and therefore liberal, and episodic interventions appear in the form of active, often impertinent stimulation (closing the sign of Aquarius, nakshatra Shatabhisha).
July 19, 2021 at 15:13
(Capricorn) Emanuel
And watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch/…
YouTube
YouTube
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2021