Similar aspects and family patterns

July 17, 2021 at 21:55 (UT/GMT)
(Taurus) nutelina
Similar aspects and family patterns
I was wondering if there was a feature where I could compare aspects in my family or compare someone to someone else. L

The idea comes from Document similarity between pieces of text - the simplest example is:
1: the dog
2: the cat

Similar: the
Difference: dog, cat

Back to astrology, the similarity would be for example:

Mars trine Pluto
Ascendant conjunct Uranus

or something more abstract like:

the amount of squares to a planet
jupiter in fire sign aspect saturn
planets in house x

Something can already be done here:
https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/a…

but an overview or table with similarity would make things easier for you or your astro database...

Links with ideas for technical people:

You just count what two people have in common.

Document similarity (or distance between documents) is a one of the central themes in Information Retrieval. How humans usually define how similar are documents? Usually documents treated as similar if they are semantically close and describe similar concepts. On other hand "similarity" can be used in context of duplicate detection.

https://towardsdatascience.com/calc…

Document similarity d = (x1, x2, x3,..., xn) is a vector in an n-dimensional vector space Length of x is given by (extension of Pythagoras´s theorem) d1.d2 = x11x21 + x12x22 + x13x23 +... + x1nx2n

https://courses.cs.washington.edu/c…

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
August 18, 2021 at 09:27
(Taurus) nutelina » Rosincvist
Videos or it didn´t happen :2:
August 17, 2021 at 19:03
(Taurus) Rosincvist » nutelina
There is the story of tone-deaf boys who are expected to hammer their pinkies against piano keys while other boys are out playing ball & mischief & hookey!
August 17, 2021 at 19:00
1984 I payed for the service of professional state of the art chart! Kind of a long time to go without a revision! :14:
August 17, 2021 at 17:33
I never liked lessons much. I loved to improvise though...
August 17, 2021 at 17:32
Did you have people look at your birthchart yet? :1:
August 17, 2021 at 01:08
The keyword I use is "concentration" others here have posted to Vesta threads more elaborate descriptions. As one of the first four asteroids discovered it remains a bigger effin´ deal than most other asteroids! My Vesta is contra-parallel :159: & :157:. :9: I should have had long tearful piano lessons to ingrain discipline into me :42:
August 16, 2021 at 16:56
I haven´t looked at vesta yet :-) Care to elaborate?
August 15, 2021 at 22:38
My mother´s :159: is exactly where my Vesta is and it is a Vesta exactly trined by my :27:.
My father´s :159: is exactly where my :160: is!
I got the brunt of the schizophrenogenic aspects!
August 15, 2021 at 16:19
(Taurus) nutelina
Really liking the book of astrology of family dynamics by Erin Sullivan
July 18, 2021 at 20:21
(Taurus) nutelina » OS*
So how rare is it to have the same rising sign I wonder? It makes us very similar indeed.
July 18, 2021 at 20:20
(Taurus) nutelina » JayJayAstrology
Well indeed those similarities I would be after.
July 18, 2021 at 14:42
(Scorpio) OS*
Im not sure if this relates to your question. Forum post.

There’s many of same signs in my family, lots of Cancer moons. I’m Libra rising and we are 4 siblings in the immediate family with same house overlays. Asc are only degrees apart. Between siblings. I resemble most my sister. Both libra risings, Cancer moons. She is Gemini Sun in the 8th. Since we’re not far apart in age, charts have similarities.

Something I found particular, my mother has Moon and Jupiter (Pisces) conjunct same degree in exact opposition to her Sun, 5th/11th house axes. Im pretty sure my grandmother has same aspect/house.

Moon in 5th house. I read this placement can cause roles to be reversed between mother and child. My mother was the oldest and cared over 6 younger ones because her mother was unable to do so. I grew up in the same context and very often had this feeling like she was a teenager and me, the parent. (reminding her things such as being out of food, forgetting to pick us up from daycare or school, etc.) all of us kids pretty much share same sentiment about her. . .

Wondering how many people could relate to this, because it’s difficult to be impartial by isolating one aspect, or only one part of an aspect since there’s so much more to this, and other influences going on in the chart.
July 18, 2021 at 13:31
(Aries) JayJayAstrology » nutelina
In family astrology, members very often share Sun, Moon and/or ASC signs - at least one of those, sometimes two, and once in a while, all three. They can also share the luminaries through house placement. It´s so blatant. They share Sun, Moon and ASC signs and/or houses with other planets as well - like Jupiter in another member´s Sun sign or house. There are aspects, of course, but with the major players sharing signs and houses - the family core themes are quite obvious. There is synastry to show and compare aspects between all the planets.

I guess I don´t understand what you´re after.
July 18, 2021 at 08:32
(Taurus) nutelina » JayJayAstrology
I see, with the dog and cat it means one is about a dog and the other about a cat so they are not similar at all you could say. Only if you´d say they are both domestic animals but that would be another method to find similarity. Like for example, Aries and Leo being fire, so they would be similar in being a fire sign. Maybe I used a bad example.

For the family patterns it would be nice to go even further and look for sextiles or trines between any planet or between asc. and any planet or with a particular planet or sign or kind of sign.

Maybe any aspect, planet, sign, house could play a role in being a similarity and then drill down.. :63:
July 17, 2021 at 23:20
(Aries) JayJayAstrology
You can do stuff like that with some professional astrology programs. I can with solar fire. I can make a folder of charts I want to compare. I can compare them in great detail. So, how many people have Sun (or any planet) in a fire sign (or any element) or in Aries (or any sign), how many squares they have between Sun and moon - any aspect or any sign or any house. There are too many features you can compare charts with - or gather data on - to mention. The chart search feature is awesome, but it doesn´t do your example of the dog and cat - it won´t separate out details from a bigger concept. It´s more like separating out certain details that it identifies in advance. I guess if dog = Aries and cat = Pluto and "and" = sextile - then it would separate them all out nicely and tell you how many people have Pluto in Aries - and then - a separate search would reveal what Pluto might be sextile to - you could go through all the planets and find out all the sextiles to Pluto.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Leo Leo
Show calendar »