Personality differences between 10th house and 11th house sun people?

July 17, 2021 at 13:13 (UT/GMT)
(Libra) Veri935
Personality differences between 10th house and 11th house sun people?
I’m confused about whether to use whole signs or not and I’m wondering how big a/visible difference it would be between having the sun in the 10th and the 11th. Does one make the person more confident etc.
Also I know some 10th house sun people and they aren’t all so career focused.

Can you list characteristics for both?

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
July 19, 2021 at 23:56
(Pisces) 1janos » Emanuel
Thanks.
I don´t use Hellenistic astrology.
The 11th house - as far as I´m concerned -, represents just what I wrote about, on a more esoteric level.
July 19, 2021 at 16:00
(Capricorn) Emanuel » 1janos
Nice comment. Just one thing: for what I know from traditional hellenistic astrology the 11th house is considered a good house. Succedent house with a sextile to Ascendant.
July 19, 2021 at 15:54
(Taurus) Gunnar Stars » Veri935
I have sun in 11th in cambinus (which Jessica Lanyadoo uses), Morinus and four other house systems. So I´m about to find out which housesystem that resonates with my lived life. But your right.. My Venus could be an indicator of my 11th house related life experience. But she (Venus) is also to be find in 12th house in many systems. She is on top of it heavily out bounds and I do not trust my own grasping of it yet. Damn astrology is complicated :1:
But your right! In my case the sign is very important. I´m very taurian (muuuuh)
July 19, 2021 at 14:17
(Libra) Veri935 » Gunnar Stars
Looking at your chart you have both your sun and mercury in the 10th using whole signs or not, but you have Venus in the 11th which could explain your 11th house focus in life. Of course you cannot have your sun and mercury in both. Interesting what you say about your experience of the 10th, I guess the signs really do matter a lot regardless of the house.
July 19, 2021 at 14:09
(Libra) Veri935 » fishscales
This currently doesn’t narrow it down for me At all lol
July 19, 2021 at 13:47
(Pisces) 1janos » Veri935
I understand, that what I wrote seems: "...a bit of a pessimistic/ultra traditional view to take perhaps. Please bear with me.

I´d argue, that it is neither pessimistic nor ultra traditional. It is just deeper and not naïve. From a karmic perspective, and if you entertain the possibility of reincarnation, it is worthwhile to think, that people with important factors in the 11th are those with whom the native has long term unresolved issues. These issues are with significant people, who are important in the native´s life. They are far more than just acquaintances. Feelings towards them are often complex, contradictory and characterised by intense emotions.

I´d like to assert that neither astrological signs nor planets have impacts.

In my humble opinion if you believe, that planets are influencing - by emitting some magic rays -, you, me and everyone else on the planet from distances of several hundred million and in the case of Pluto well over five billion kilometres away, there are two possibilities.

1. You misunderstand what astrology is about. That can be corrected by studying the topic in depth.

2. You can be diagnosed as a paranoid schizophrenic. That condition requires antipsychotics and your life is almost but ruined, by severe psychopathology.

Astrology is NOT based on cause and effect. Those concepts - meaning cause and effect - are valid in simple physics like mechanics.

Life is just a bit more complicated than that. I am sure you know that by now.

Astrology is not prescriptive; it is descriptive. It is based on the application of reasonably simple maths to a highly complex system of symbology.

Nowadays with the available computing power - and good people like Petr who know how to use it -, it is possible to do these reasonably simple but labour intensive calculations with remarkable accuracy in seconds, by just about anyone with access to this site among others.

Whoever studies this worthy subject, must sooner or later move beyond Cartesian philosophy and Newtonian science. The 1650s and the early 1700s are well and truly in the past.

Astrological symbols represented by various planets, the Angles (Ascendant and Midheaven), various mathematical points in natal charts, their angular relationships based of geometry and their so called movements (transits, progressions) in time (as it goes by), appear to coincide with certain personal qualities, life events etc. All this information can be used to describe people´s character, personal qualities and unfolding of life events - by a skilful interpreter -, with access to reference texts and detailed research of same.

These coincidences were referred to as synchronicities by C G Jung the Swiss psychiatrist. He summarized his findings at the end of his life on the topic in the book: ´Synchronicity, the Acausal Connecting Principle´. Acausal or without cause. Please read the book for further in depth clarification.

The thorough understanding of an astrological chart and therefore a person´s life is a very arduous undertaking. That effort can yield remarkably accurate and descriptive results, but for me - for example -, it takes about 100 hours of concentrated work.
July 19, 2021 at 13:29
(Taurus) Gunnar Stars
In most housesystems I have Sun in 10th but sometimes it goes into 11th. Actually I do resonate with interpretations of both. But I suffer with anxiety and I only have very few persons close to me. My network is large but very superficial though. I´m a painter and my 10th house and my North Node in leo wants me to shine and get out there, but I hate the attention wen I publish my paintings.
I worry a lot what others might think of me (10th) but wen fighting for the environment i don´t and do create enemies (11th)

I really dont need to control others. I´m okay with taking the lead, but I prefer others to deal with it... I´m a lazy ass taurus :1:
July 19, 2021 at 12:34
(Pisces) fishscales
Sun in 10th will be in public sphere due to work and career.

Sun in 11th will be in public sphere due to philanthropic reasons, causes that are greater than themselves, or just for fun.
July 19, 2021 at 10:37
(Libra) Veri935 » Green Garden
Ok.. I’m not so popular at all haha but maybe more often other 11th houses suns could be. Maybe just generally being socially oriented could be a thing?… though tbh I’m kind of awkward
July 19, 2021 at 10:32
(Libra) Veri935 » 1janos
With respect, also as I do not know yet whether I should follow traditional or modern astrology more closely, I think that is a bit of a pessimistic/ultra traditional view to take perhaps.
I know people with a 11th house sun that seem reasonably sociable at least, and do have any enemies either. Not all of them seem to be either outsiders or social butterflies. They don’t seem afflicted.. Although I suppose the sign here will impact a lot.
July 18, 2021 at 14:16
(Pisces) 1janos » degreesofsin
In my view the 10th house has to do with describing a person´s perceived ´role in life´ or what a person believes to be important for them. The outermost Saturnian duty, devotion and authority.

The 11th is misunderstood by most, as it is thought to govern friends and acquaintances. Sadly it is the exact opposite, meaning enemies, rivals and adversaries. Perhaps the admonition: ´Love thine enemies´ originates here. The only way to resolve issues with these people is to see them for who they really are, forgive them and embrace them.

This is particularly so, when the Sun is afflicted.
July 18, 2021 at 09:57
(Leo) Anni23 » LotusStar
Wow omg. I must have my sun in the 11th! Thank you

This is a very good description, not interested in control in any form.
I hate the idea of people messing with other peoples lives and affecting negative influences even benignly. Yuuck.

Though also I am very socially separated and not involved much in any broader social groups. I think I inherently don´t like the idea of popularity.

I´m not sure how I feel about the idea of influencing people...

"better or worse, so issues of standing out vs fitting in, trying to find your place can be a struggle if afflicted."
Oh god. I´m pretty sure that this has been my continued experience. Though ive attributed it to having my moon and mars in the 12th.
I have usually tried to avoid attention like the plague, and just do my own thing quietly without consulting other people for the most part.

Perhaps on some deeper level it does bother me that I do not/have not ever been able to fit in?..
I suppose I am concerned that I will never be able to prescribe to some conceptual social identity etc.

I had thought that a 11th house sun would have some stronger sense of I don´t know belonging though?
July 18, 2021 at 09:54
(Leo) Anni23 » degreesofsin
Lol neither of these descriptions applies to me I think.. Though I would have mercury in the 10th regardless and a libra asc..., so maybe these placements even out those above effects regardless of where my sun is.

Though I do have some social anxiety I haven´t done much I think to change anything about who I really am to change opinons..
July 17, 2021 at 21:35
(Libra) Lib_8
I’m a 10th house sun. I’m also a supervisor in my current role and I enjoy it. I love my job plays a big part in my life and I like what I do. My leadership style is usually leading by example and motivating and guiding people in my team. I do have ambitions and career goals but I’m not super competitive or type A.
July 17, 2021 at 18:45
(Virgo) LotusStar
10h Sun is more interested in being in charge and calling the shots... be the boss, or have an authority status.

11h Sun people like to be free do their own thing their way, they do not like taking orders but arent interested at controlling others either.

I´m an 11h Sun, there is still a sense of acting responsible (Saturn principle) ingrained, but it´s not as rigid, more ´live and let live´. With the 10th house control can be more of an issue, but depends on the sign.

Overall Sun has more authority in the 10th house. It loses that a bit in the 11th although at times it can become more of a role model or social influencer type, but not really an authority. 11th house is not as strong a placement, the same way Sun is considered debilitated in Aquarius. Sun wants to shine and be authority, but in 11th house, it´s standing out in a crowd... for better or worse, so issues of standing out vs fitting in, trying to find your place can be a struggle if afflicted.
July 17, 2021 at 16:34
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Green Garden, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I find 10th house people more self centered and serious.

11th house people are very good with other people. I often see them enjoy quite the popularity.
I think it is quite easy to get along with them.

My opinion in general.
July 17, 2021 at 13:54
(Capricorn) degreesofsin
I´ve noticed that 10th house suns tend to be more domineering and concerned with how others view them, and are more concerned with their accomplishments while 11th house suns are more egalitarian in their approach to life and are less concerned with other people´s views of them and are often more sociable and tend to have many friends, as 11th house rules friendship.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Taurus Taurus
Show calendar »