What makes you Convinced of astrology?

July 5, 2021 at 12:59 (UT/GMT)
(Libra) Veri935
What makes you Convinced of astrology?
And what background did you come from before considering it/being shocked by it’s apparent veracity/universal truths?

/do you believe in anything else as well? (If so do you find that astrology supports that belief?)

Posts in topic

Page: 2 1
Sort posts:
July 25, 2021 at 18:19
(Gemini) (dragonfly) » Stellium12
I talk to my friends, but some are a little scared by the fact that so much can be read about a person´s life from the position of the planets. They don´t want to explore the topic. My best friend gave me her kids´ exact birth times and then said she didn´t want to know anything.
July 25, 2021 at 03:39
(Aquarius) viv » ZynCitrus
Agree learn and test and check for feedback
July 25, 2021 at 02:43
(Virgo) yourshawty
I never really felt or behaved like a virgo and I’m totally In love with fire signs / fire dominant people

when I saw my whole chart everything made much more sense & since I have no plan what to do with my life it’s a good tool to find out what are my strengths/weaknesses, what my life purpose is etc
July 25, 2021 at 01:58
(Capricorn) Stellium12 » (dragonfly)
Do you talk to anyone outside of known astrologers about the subject.
July 24, 2021 at 20:26
(Gemini) SerenityNow
Several years ago, a friend explicitly describe my other friend whose she knows nothing about, only by his birth chart. Then I take it more seriously but not much.

However, when Turkish astrologers predict the pandemic (it´s not the suprise) and the major effect on our lives such as working habits, education, consumption, mobilization, health, science and so on, I had to research what is going on. Here I am.
July 24, 2021 at 19:01
(Gemini) (dragonfly) » Stellium12
"As an engineer and manager, everything was very factual. If I mention astrology, people I know don´t believe I would have any interest in it."

It is the same with me. I come across as a person who is very fact-oriented. Which is very true. Therefore, people who know me are a bit confused and surprised when they hear me talk about astrology.
July 24, 2021 at 08:10
(Aquarius) viv » csrsc
The mainstream "scientific practitioner" model of Clinical Psychology focuses on changing thinking and behaviour to reach defined goals and has been taught in universities from the seventies. It tries to distinguish itself from Humanistic psychology and the parallel streams of Jungian psychotherapy, Freudian psychotherapy and Assagioli´s psychosynthesis, all of which deal with the unconscious. (So does Stanislav Grof´s trans personal work which deals with peri-natal experiences but this has been almost entirely ignored by the mainstream.)

My training has spanned a lot of theories with a main emphasis on a post Jungian modality called Process Oriented Psychology developed by Arny Mindell. The whole idea that the "unconscious" is a vast resource rather than only a dustbin of repressed drives and memories gives much more scope to psychology and psychotherapy than the results driven methods of Clinical Psychology. That being said some of those techniques are useful but, to my way of thinking need to be used within a much bigger conceptual framework.

Astrology is for me, a way of mapping and unfolding the interaction of planetary energies which really seem to me to be what Jungian psychotherapy calls "complexes," Psycho-synthesis describes as "sub personalities," and Process Work describes as "dream figures."

How what we bring with us, e.g. the birth chart, unfolds in a person´s biography is of great interest to me. Every time I read the latest chapter on nature versus nurture I want to add, yes, and what about individuality, karma and spiritual intent!?
July 24, 2021 at 07:50
(Aquarius) viv » 1janos
do you advertise astrological consultations as part of your psycho-therapeutic work? I considering this atm
July 24, 2021 at 07:42
(Gemini) (dragonfly)
I actually got into astrology because of Pluto. I was trying to prove to a friend that astrology was nonsense and Pluto was going to help me with that. All the fuss about whether or not to include a planet in an interpretation that hadn´t even gone through one full cycle since discovery seemed like a good starting point to show how ridicoulus astrology is. Unfortunately, I came across an interpretation of Pluto in the 1st house that surprisingly accurately described myself. And that was the beginning...
July 22, 2021 at 20:01
(Taurus) Rosincvist
I dwell in the mountains and I stared up into the darkest parts of the sky with binoculars until I became an irretrievable Space-Case! The standard male P.O.V. is that what is up there is supposed to inspire feelings of cold futile isolated-ness which has it´s own little space of validity!
I kept automatically looking to Galactic Center after looking automatically to the Pleiades, strange synchronicity! :78:
July 22, 2021 at 11:46
(Scorpio) OctoberScorpio
I always knew about the zodiacs because my grandmother was into Astrology. Back in the 80s 90s, charts were done by hand, quite a skilled work.

I use Numerology. The arithmetic of numbers have been coincidently proven for ages. I do find it supports my beliefs in Astrology. I believe they´re both connected, one doesn´t go without the other.

There were years where I completely pushed all this aside (that wasn´t a smart decision) ~ I think it´s important to know your timing, when to hold and when to fold. . .

Astrology is harmonics of the spheres, numbers are represented by sounds (vibrations), it is about knowing your own melody.
July 22, 2021 at 10:18
(Capricorn) Stellium12
I did not think about astrology until my second Saturn return. I knew something was going on in a change in attitude and stumbled upon astrology. When I began studying it, it explained a lot of things. As an engineer and manager, everything was very factual. If I mention astrology, people I know don´t believe I would have any interest in it.
July 22, 2021 at 08:47
(Taurus) Green Garden
I come from a very strict, catholic household.

My interest in astroligy started as a teenager, i was was so fascinated and drawn to it and at the same time afraid of it. I was told since i was little, that astrology is demonic.
Transiting Uranus over my personal planets freed me from those irrational fears.

I just have to look at the synastry of my personal relationships. Always so truthful.
Thats the proof for me.
July 22, 2021 at 06:39
(Pisces) ReesesPisces
Astrology is like a resume/tool to provide for myself which can be applied to what kinds of talents,relationships,psychology…etc that’s in story for my whole life .That’s all rolled into one along with it being a tool to unlock your truest self without the burden of believing it as a religion.
July 22, 2021 at 06:36
(Pisces) 1janos » Anni23
Well, yes!
If you see an orthodox psychiatrist s/he will stick a diagnostic label on you sooner or later.
July 22, 2021 at 06:33
(Pisces) 1janos » csrsc
Operant conditioning.
July 22, 2021 at 00:26
(Aries) Wolfmoon
It works.

I´ve always had an interest in astrology but never looked past the sun signs.

History and mythology are my jam.

After I woke from the illusory slumber I went on a massive hunt for the purpose of everything. That lead me back to Astrology where I delved deeper and now it seems to consume my life.
July 22, 2021 at 00:18
(Leo) Sunnyshadow
I read a Leo horoscope and it really described me well. Me having 4 planets in Leo, maybe too well :61:

Then i finally found a book that had tables in it to find where all the other planets were located and started to learn more about it. First was probably ascendant and Moon and started making more sense. Kept digging into it.

When I found Pluto in 1st house thats when it started making alot of sense and I was convinced it was a legitimate science :1:
July 21, 2021 at 23:47
(Aquarius) viv » nutelina
Maybe have a look at Dr Stanislof Groffs model of the psyche It includes the trans personal and perinatal aspects of the psyche too as well as different layers of the Collective unconscious. He is the psychiatrist who worked with LSD before if became illegal and then he developed Holotrophic Breathwork at Eassalen in California. His astrological colleague is Dr Rick Tarnas who wrote mega works called Passion of the Western Mind and later Cosmos and Psyche. I recently did an online astrology course with Renn Butler, who is also in that tradition. Renn has these amazing slide shows of biographies of people where specific aspects are prominent, lots of musicians artists writers political figures might interest you.
July 21, 2021 at 22:16
(Cancer) ZynCitrus
Practice. It´s not a religion, you don´t have to believe in it. Learn it and test it. It´s simple as that.
July 21, 2021 at 22:11
(Pisces) 1janos
My fundamental training and occupation is as a psychotherapist, since 1985. Trained in Humanistic and Transpersonal psychotherapy.

While working with people I became very curious and suspected, that progress could be facilitated, if I had greater insight into what was going on in the depth of their consciousness.

I imagine you´d agree with me, that astrological symbols and their interrelationship can be used to describe the issues, challenges and even potential solutions for addressing people´s ´life battles´.

In my experience, there is potential for significant progress and personal growth. The amazing amount of information, that can be accessed in the depth of a chart, makes it easier to understand and realize.

The patterns in life´s apparent chaos can be observed using this tool. The Tarot, I Ching and the Runes can be used in a similar way, but far more detail is available from astrology.
July 6, 2021 at 10:00
(Pisces) Moon_Queen
I also believe that we are here to evolve throughout the challenges we have to deal with and overcome.

MØ - Live to Survive

been down the valley of regret
I swam in the river
I reached for peace I couldn’t get
‘cause somebody said it would be there

nights of messed up energy
thought you’d be the last of me, baby

I live to survive another heartache
I live to survive another mistake
I live to survive
I live to survive

you cling to lies and call it truth
it’s so deep in your nature
you dragged me down that hole with you
so now you can stay there

love sure is a mystery
but you won´t be the last of me, baby

I live to survive

watch me I’m back on my feet
I’m back on my feet
I’m back on my feet
ready for the century
for the century
for the century, yeah
You thought you were out of my league
I´m out of your league
I´m out of your league
watch me I´m back on my feet
I´m back on my feet
and free

I live to survive
I live to survive

baby
I live to survive
another heartache
another mistake
another heartache
oh yeah

https://www.youtube.com/watch/…
YouTube
YouTube
July 6, 2021 at 09:58
(Leo) Anni23 » fishscales
Hahahaha omg that´s Too true :4:

Maybe the truth of it is that they would not like the answers they might find. That everyone is different and has a unique set of problems/tasks that they were born with. (That is not directly or solely related to either medical genetics or changing environments)
In a way this makes us both less and more malleable, yet also maybe they cannot diagnose everyone! :61:
July 6, 2021 at 09:43
(Pisces) fishscales » RohiniMoon
It´s a real life Bizarro World...
July 5, 2021 at 21:37
(Scorpio) JessSezItSoftly
Well, I´m still getting to know it more.. but when I read about scorpio suns way back in the day, I couldn´t believe how much it described me... especially the determined part... and it gave me an answer to why I would take all the clothes of my dolls at age 3..... 😆😂😂😂

I knew about sex at like age 4 or 5.... I dont ever remember learning it, just remember knowing about it and the intimacy that comes with it... How can someone know about that at that young of age?? Guessing it was my innate instincts????? Idk....

Anyways, it really gave me an answer as to why for some things I always wondered...

Plus it just gave me validation that my instincts for never wanting to judge, compare, or criticize people because we´re all created differently, it gave me validation for my own instincts with understanding (and or respectfully accepting) people as there are...

Those are just a couple things..
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2021
Moon calendar
Moon in Aries Aries
Show calendar »