Solar return

July 5, 2021 at 09:54 (UT/GMT)
(Virgo) Lor3112
Solar return
Hi everyone! I was wondering if someone could explain the significance of solar return charts for me please? I hear people talking about how it can predict certain events/patterns for the year, but I’m unsure of what to look for and what they represent. For example, my 2021 solar return has sun opposing vertex, venus trine Jupiter, moon opposing Saturn, south node conjunct Saturn (in various forms, like solar only and solar to natal). I’d love to know what to expect. (Also, does the 2021 solar return begin FROM your birthday, or the start of the year?) Thankyou. 😃

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
July 13, 2021 at 16:58
(Virgo) Lor3112 » Kasperanza
Thank you for your input. I’ve done some digging and it doesn’t sound like it’s going to be a very fun year at all sadly. 😞 mars is conjunct my ascendant, opposing Neptune on my descendant. Sun is in 12th, opposing my vertex, venus in 2nd square Pluto in my 4th, Saturn is in 5th, opposing moon. Chiron is alone in 7th. (This is solar only, not comparing natal.)
July 5, 2021 at 12:23
(Leo) Kasperanza
For example, in my own solar return chart for next year, I have solar Mars conjunct my natal Mercury. My solar Moon is opposite my solar Mars and natal Mercury. Solar Mercury will be opposite solar Pluto. This suggests a year of intense thoughts, and angry debates.
July 5, 2021 at 12:16
(Leo) Kasperanza
The solar return chart is cast on your birthday. It´s really important that the chart is cast at the exact degree of your Sun.

Solar return charts tell you the main themes of the year.

The ascendant will tell you a lot about your approach to that year, along with planets conjunct the ascendant. The house the Sun is located in will also tell you a lot.

Furthermore, each house in the chart can be represented by a month. The first house represents the first month after you cast the solar return chart. The 2nd house represent the 2nd month, etc...

The Moon will tell you you´ll be feeling throughout the year, along with the house placement of Moon where your concerns and interests will be.

Other planets and their aspects will tell you a lot about the themes of the year in general. With the aspects you gave above, for example, Venus trine Jupiter suggests a year that will be pleasant, fun, and with enjoyable relationships. Moon opposing Saturn suggests a depression, or a responsibility that forces you suppress your feelings. The house placements will tell you what the feelings will be about.

Finally, you´ll want to compare with to your natal chart. Do the solar planets make aspects to your natal planets? That explain how the original parts of your self (natal chart) will be activated this year (solar chart)

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Virgo Virgo
Show calendar »