Lot of Eros

July 4, 2021 at 23:24 (UT/GMT)
(Virgo) LotusStar
Lot of Eros
I just discovered the different Lots you can find on this site (Lot of fortune, etc)! It´s under traditional astrology section of your horoscope page.

I never knew ´Lot of Eros´ was a thing. I see mine is 1 degrees of Cancer.

Short explanation I found from twitter... https://twitter.com/OracularJake/…

----- ´Significations:

The Lot of Eros signifies desires and longings, things done by choice, the cause of affection and charm. All things which pertain to the inclination of coitus and pleasure from games and joys and delights

Basically, it´s stuff that you enjoy

You probably like people with placements that are in the sign of your Eros or aspecting the ruler of Eros´

The Lot of Eros being activated by profection and transits to the Lot or its ruler can have an impact on the things it signifies

Maybe you get into a relationship, maybe you end one, maybe you find something new you enjoy, etc -------------

I often had intense crushes on people who have Sun or Mars in Cancer. Most recently, the person has their Mars EXACTLY on my Lot of Eros. I met them when the North node was transitting this point! I also love Cancerian things in general... making home cosy, baking, babies and pets. I though its because my Venus is in 28 degrees which is Cancerian degree, but otherwise I dont have any Cancer in my chart, unless Lilith counts.

Can you relate to your Lot of Eros? Have you found it significant in attractions/synastry?

Because I am actually finding it more relevant than my natal Eros asteroid which is in Libra.

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
July 22, 2021 at 00:10
(Leo) MichelAngelo » LotusStar
Yes, indeed. This seems to fit perfectly with what I mentioned above.
July 21, 2021 at 18:07
(Virgo) LotusStar » MichelAngelo
I noticed you have your Venus/Mars midpoint in Virgo in the 8 house, that could be a contributor.
July 21, 2021 at 15:58
Sure, I´d love to. ;)

In my natal chart, Lot of Eros was at the 13th degree of Sagittarius in the eleventh house (sabian symbol: "Sphinx against the background of the pyramid"). Significantly, he had a relationship with Chiron, located in the 25th degree of the sign of Virgo in the eighth house (sabian symbol: "boy holding the censer"). In Virgo, there was also an Lot of Exaltation (8/9 degree, sabian symbol: "child taking a dance lesson"/"painter at work") and Lot of Sibling (15th degree, sabian symbol: "delicate lace scarf").

Tell the truth, I have no idea how to interpret such a combination precisely and without leaving any doubts, although I wondered more than once, not twice. In fact, for as long as I can remember, I was most drawn to people from the sign of Virgo (including family affinities). I have a feeling as if it was an unhealed karmic wound "brought" from a previous existence, during which I was in a high social position and abused my privileges to take advantage of and even mistreat my subjects. In the light of the experiences so far in this life, it makes even more sense if you take into account the direction of personal development that I chose a few years ago, and which seems to be a chance to compensate and balance my karma - this direction is service to others as part of the work of a psychologist, speaker and missionary, made to plant the seeds of love on the widest possible scale. This relates beautifully to my soul goals carried by the North Lunar Node (Rahu) and also shows how much my incarnation baggage accumulated in the South Lunar Node (Ketu) contributes to this process.
July 21, 2021 at 09:33
(Virgo) LotusStar » cubic
Hey you could have done worse as far as goddesses go :2:

Virgos like to act like they got it all under control even when we can be secretly falling apart inside... What makes me happy is when someone offers to help, without my having to ask. I swear that is like my love language right there. I just wish I could rid the anxiety really, it´s my least favorite part of the placement.

The most ocd clean freak person I ever met was a Pisces that had Virgo on the 4th house cusp with a 6th house Saturn and Mars. It was some next level sh*t... I admit my place is almost never messy either but I have on occasion *gasp* left some dishes in the sink overnight for the next day.
July 21, 2021 at 07:22
(Virgo) RohiniMoon » cubic
"hot Virgo Goddess of Hygiene and Cleaniness I guess"

:15: :61:
July 21, 2021 at 07:17
(Leo) cubic » LotusStar
"indeed I don´t think I´ve ever met a double-Leo couple in my life"

It´s highly unlikely. Maybe for a short while, and it would help if the degrees are like 0-2 or 28-29.

Not all Leos are Super extroverted though so that´s a factor..

"Virgo is an earth sign at the end of the day...they are a lot more sensual than appears at first."

Yeah, I know, I know, I really was just messing around. It really is so.

I guess some Virgos also can ooze of being healthy and extremely well put together, clean and noticeably highly self-maintained people. So this is attractive in its own way, yeah I do like it, I guess it does catch my eye in a sexual way, but I thought it´s just good stuff in general.

So yeah my eros is all about that hot Virgo Goddess of Hygiene and Cleaniness I guess
July 21, 2021 at 06:53
(Virgo) LotusStar » MichelAngelo
Thanks so much, really interesting learning about the history of the sign, had no idea! :)

What about your Lot of Eros? Can you relate?
July 15, 2021 at 21:13
"Virgo is an earth sign at the end of the day... they are a lot more sensual than appears at first." - it´s correct. Unfortunately, most of us have succumbed to the common stereotype that Virgo has nothing to do with sex. This is a mistake.

In our latitude, Virgo is disseminated as the image of the Ever Blessed Virgin Mary, mother of Jesus, the ideal of intercessory helper seeking consolation "from Above", or in the form of the companion of the teacher from Nazareth, Mary Magdalene. The archetype presented in this way, which once came to us along with the european expansion of Christianity, to soon replace the symbols of femininity in line with pagan totemism, was established at the end of the Western Roman Empire, although it was already present in many other forms in antiquity.

Long before the image of the Virgo was of an expiatory nature, the Mesopotamians and Babylonians worshiped the goddess Ishtar, married to Baal (the male equivalent of the ancient Egyptian Apis or Chnum), whose worship included temple rituals involving sacred harlots; She was portrayed as an imperious, liberated woman, with consciously awakened and directed sexual energy, driving a chariot drawn by lions (a personified symbol of strength and vital power, present in chinese, indian and sumerian cultures, later also in persian and akkadian). The Egyptians prayed to Isis, Goddess Mother-Feeder, wife of the ruler of the underworld and the Land of the Dead, Osiris. In turn, the Greeks identified her with the daughter of Zeus, the lightly armed Athena, as well as with Ares´s lover, Aphrodite, the personification of erotic love, and to a lesser extent with Demeter (Ceres) and Persephone (Kora), goddesses of woman fertility and field fertility, and nature that wakes up in spring after winter. The patron star of the Virgo constellation is Spica (Alfa Virginis), literally translated from latin simply meaning "ear"; it is interesting that the juxtaposed stars of the constellation Virgo, i.e. Spica, Porrima, Vindemiatrix and Zavijava (Beta Virginis) form the characteristic shape of the letter "Y" - a graphic symbol of a woman´s genital tract). The Romans, on the other hand, considered her their hellenic counterpart in the form of Venus plunging in the sea foam, the bride of warm-blooded Mars. In both last interpretations, Virgo was shown as the quintessence of awakened and realized dionysian energy (or vital/life energy, the basic and most primitive expression of which is sexual desire); this is what Frederick Nietzsche, for example, referred to when he drew a portrait of the "superman" in his works, immensely enriching the canon of modern philosophical literature.

The above examples emphatically prove that Virgo, contrary to the short-sighted initial assessment, is surprisingly close to Leo, confirming the previously made thesis drawn from direct observations and life experiences.
July 5, 2021 at 14:11
(Virgo) LotusStar » cubic
"Never been with other Leos, there can be only one Sun after all."

:61: that´s such a Leo thing to say but funny, indeed I don´t think I´ve ever met a double-Leo couple in my life.

"But how does Virgo energy lead to "coitus" like when you analyze things that´s normally not how you get aroused"

Virgo is an earth sign at the end of the day...they are a lot more sensual than appears at first.
July 5, 2021 at 14:04
(Virgo) LotusStar » viv
Hi viv, thanks for sharing! :) Yes these points seem to be used in the Hellenistic astrology I´m not too familiar with but when I was trying to research more on the subject I also found Chris Brennan and his video on zodiacal releasing. Sounds like they used this for predictions and planetary activations through different period/time lords, was pretty fascinating and more in depth than I realized. The video is 4 hours long so I didn´t have time to get through it get all yet but bookmarking it for later

I found a short sort of introductory video for those interested to get the ball rolling:

https://m.youtube.com/watch/…

Then the 4 hour one where he goes in depth, I saw he gives a shoutout to Petr and astro-seek for incorporating these tools to his site too which was cool :4:

https://m.youtube.com/watch/…
YouTube
YouTube
July 5, 2021 at 11:48
(Leo) cubic » viv
"I think Virgos can be very sexual under the quiet demeanour!"

Sure, but I found it a bit weird that there is such ideas about them, since we´re all people, and have the same basic biological functions. But I think in time I started understanding where this is coming from...

Anyway.. always found Virgos obviously sexual, perhaps even more than others? But that could just be me.

"But then again I suspect Lot of Eros may not me about the energy of the native but about who/ what/ how/ where they love, and it could be that some sorts of love don’t involve sex!"

There is something to that.
July 5, 2021 at 11:15
(Aquarius) viv » cubic
I think Virgos can be very sexual under the quiet demeanour! But then again I suspect Lot of Eros may not me about the energy of the native but about who/ what/ how/ where they love, and it could be that some sorts of love don’t involve sex!
July 5, 2021 at 10:47
(Leo) cubic
Normal Eros in Leo 9th house

Never been with other Leos, there can be only one Sun after all.

Lot of Eros in Virgo 28°45 in 10th house

Like ok I´ve had some Virgos in life that´s for sure.

But how does Virgo energy lead to "coitus" like when you analyze things that´s normally not how you get aroused
July 5, 2021 at 10:34
(Aquarius) viv
Hi Lotus Star, interesting thread
Yes the lots have apparently only really been rediscovered in the last 20-30 years as a bunch more old texts have been translated from Greek, Latin and Arabic. I found Chris Brennan Astrologer good on this.
My asteroid Eros is right on my sun which always felt great as usually I have a lot of passion for life. My Lot of Eros though falls within half a degree of my natal Saturn (conj Neptune) in my twelfth house and feels a whole lot more mystical. I do feel Saturn has a core of warmth, underneath the necessities of fate there is loving intent, but this may take some getting to.

Here’s the beginning and very end of a long Saturn (in Libra) /Lot of Eros poem to get the flavour

Death approaches

all that I have are the roses in my blood
all that’s important are the times I have loved
Love turns to roses in the blood.
All that we have are the roses in our blood
all that’s important are the times we have loved
Love turns to roses in our blood
Love turns to roses in the blood.
July 5, 2021 at 02:29
(Taurus) Rosincvist » LotusStar
The Arabian Eros is at exactly 7 :177: in my chart shown already listed as a teazer for what I could get out of the Lots calculator!
The asteroid Eros, called Er (vague vowel)-s in "The Expanse" I have one minute orb of air trining my natal :153: I did not get that from the first asteroid ephemerides that I looked at! Exact aspects can skip a day of existence, they are not to be under-rated!
July 5, 2021 at 01:19
(Scorpio) Alexandre06
I guess I always connected very easily with Cancers so that would make sens , my DSC is also in cancer which even adds to it. I do look for someone with an emotional intelligence and receptiveness. My two best friends are cancers women´s and all we do is talk about how we feel :D hahahah
but yea I could say the same thing as Wolfmoon I never been crazy attracted to cancer woman´s just an easy synergy for friendship.

Not sure how to interpret it in the 7th though
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
July 5, 2021 at 00:28
(Virgo) LotusStar
Just want to clarify, this isnt the same as ´Asteroid Eros´, but its another thing called ´Lot of Eros´.. its like Lot of Fortune but a different one. Its a calculated based on Venus, Lot of Spirit and Ascendant point.

Rohini... I looked at yours, its 11 Cancer.

WolfMoon... yours is 10 Aquarius. Yeah yours is on your ascendant.

Said transits to it or its ruler can also be significant for relationships.

I dont usually pay a lot of attention to these points I think hellenistic astrologers use them more but found it odd that the transit of the North node to this point brought me someone with their planet exactly conjunct.
July 4, 2021 at 23:44
(Virgo) RohiniMoon » Wolfmoon
Same.. I have Eros on my ascendant in Scorpio... never been with any...
July 4, 2021 at 23:43
(Aries) Wolfmoon
I have Eros conjunct my Asc.

Interesting because I dont think I´ve ever been with or been attracted to an Aquarius. I enjoy them immensely just none that have made me want to jump them :63:
July 4, 2021 at 23:39
(Virgo) csrsc » LotusStar
I identify more with Eros at home 5. Although the talk is something that I enjoy a lot, but not in the sense of Eros.

Eros in Gemini: Thought and words have a strong erotic and sexual component, and imagination plays a preponderant role in sexual impulses. Literary readings and writings exalt love and the desire for sexual union.

Eros in House 5: It is enjoyed advising and emotionally bonding people (joy of playing Cupid). It is a pleasure to love, to have fun loving one person and another (many commitments); but there is a need for sexual intercourse in order to prolong existence through progeny. Art and decorations, as well as recreations have a high erotic and sexual content for these people.
July 4, 2021 at 23:33
(Virgo) LotusStar » csrsc
Yes, yours is 2 degrees Gemini :)
July 4, 2021 at 23:29
(Virgo) csrsc
I also discovered Eros a few weeks ago!

But it is difficult for me to associate it, I suppose I must analyze it better!

Excuse me, if this is it?

In Gemini and in house 5?
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2021
Moon calendar
Moon in Aries Aries
Show calendar »