The 8th house (Traumas, Wounds, Fear, Manipulation, Intimacy)

July 4, 2021 at 18:41 (UT/GMT)
(Virgo) LotusStar
The 8th house (Traumas, Wounds, Fear, Manipulation, Intimacy)
I listened to a great video on the 8th house and it kind of inspired me. I have Gemini in the 8th house and the ways this has manifested through the issues of 8th house is that I can remember since childhood having a strange (perhaps morbid) curiosity about birth/death. I would ask my mom regularly where did babies come from and where did people go when they died, as soon as I realized the concept. I felt this great mystery and I just had to know.

So some ways how it manifested for me

RE: Attitude towards 8th house topics (death, rebirth) - curiosity, wanting to get more information on it, searching near death experience videos and paranormal topics

RE: Traumas & wounds - feeling wounded by being told I´m stupid or not intelligent or not taken seriously (also having Chiron in Gemini), being wounded by being excluded from conversations, wounded by being lied to and experiences dealing with dishonest or two-faced people

RE: Manipulation - having been easily manipulated by words/lies, someone that sounds smart or sincere

RE: Intimacy - needing strong and honest communication for intimacy, no secrets between us, feeling hurt when someone witholds information or doesnt share their true thoughts and feelings

RE: Fears - fears of being lied to, fear of being boring or boring my partner, fear of being unintelligent, fear of false information

Ok I think that about covers it for me for now. :61:

I would love to hear others experience of how their 8th house sign place manifests for them, and if you feel the sign placement is an accurate representation of how you relate to the 8th house topics.

Posts in topic

Page: 2 1
Sort posts:
July 5, 2021 at 19:46
(Sagittarius) Ioaanaa08
I have Scorpio 8th house the only planet that i have there is Pluto

I always observe people ,how they act ,how they speak i try to understand why they do the things they do
Like to watch psychological stuff
What scares me are the things that are unseen for example spirits or stuff like that ,i find it creepy
Don´t like when people say that my grand grand mother or whatever family spirit is looking after me !
July 5, 2021 at 19:38
(Capricorn) Jaided » Lunadominante
I´m sure the dreams will kick in soon enough for me. I remember the dreams from the last time Mars was in my 12th house. Lots of flashback dreams or suppressed memories. Mars is in my 11th house for a little while longer.
July 5, 2021 at 19:20
(Capricorn) Emanuel » LotusStar
It s from Wayman Stewart book "The Rising Sign"
July 5, 2021 at 18:02
(Virgo) LotusStar » Emanuel
Wow thanks so much, though I feel like you just read some of my secrets out loud. Who´s that from?

"Even at your most “open”, you’re never entirely open. The hypocrisy of it all, though, is how intent you are on knowing the other person’s deepest, darkest secret"

Guilty.

I forgot another issue of 8th house is what we keep secret/hidden.
July 5, 2021 at 16:55
(Cancer) Lunadominante » Jaided
True, true, definitely true, that´s exactly what it is. In my case, I also have Mars in that Aries 8th house... Everytime I have to go back home alone at night, I´m always vigilant. So scary and ultimately with Mars in Leo, lots of horrible, scary dreams, too... Is it happening to any of you?
July 5, 2021 at 12:29
(Leo) Kasperanza
I don´t mean to be boring or bland, but 8th house also deals with inheritances or other people´s money. That´s pretty important and was the original interpretation of the 8th house. Traditionally, the 8th has nothing to do with trauma, manipulation or things hidden.

I consider my Sun to be in the 8th house, since I use whole-sign house system, and 8th house has a tendency to hide planets.

Since 8th house deals a lot with other people´s money, or other people´s baggage, there can be a feeling of not being seen. Giving a lot of your energy away to manage other people´s money and possessions.
July 5, 2021 at 12:23
(Leo) cubic
"So some ways how it manifested for me"

Hmm I thought this is like an universal experience for everyone for most of my life but I guess not..
July 5, 2021 at 12:18
(Sagittarius) RA_
🦉there was a time...
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
July 5, 2021 at 11:57
(Pisces) fishscales
I have Taurus, the sign of values, on the 8th.

My values have transformed alot through the years.

Many of the things I used to value, I now consider bullshit. :2:
July 5, 2021 at 09:03
(Capricorn) Emanuel
Gemini in 8th Whole Sign house

Just as a side note . 8th house is not the sign of Scorpio,11th house is not the house of Aquarius and so on. Common significations ? Maybe,but definitely not the same. This is a modern reinterpretation through the lenses of Alphabet Letter House System in Astrology

"GEMINI ON THE 8TH HOUSE CUSP

Your mind is constantly preoccupied with your emotional issues. Mercury, Gemini’s planet, is ruling the 8th House of your chart. This is the house of Scorpio, which makes so much sense. Mercury represents the mind and through this influence, your mind goes dark on a regular basis. You have many thoughts that you keep secret, due to either feeling like other people won’t be able to handle them or that you shouldn’t be revealing your secrets. You know what it’s like to have your thoughts used against you and to also have people put the wrong ideas into your head. So, you subtly strive to maintain a tight control over your communications and conversations with other people. But, the more you hide your true thoughts or manipulate others’, the harder it will be to deal with your unresolved pain.

Gemini in the 8th House indicates that you’ve experienced some sort of trauma or emotional pain in life that showed you the horrible ways that people are capable of communicating with one another. Having your voice seriously diminished or taken away from you, being verbally and mentally abused, or having someone exert an insidious form of mind control over you has left a serious emotional scar. The result is being constantly plagued by awful thoughts and that aforementioned evil inner voice. Sometimes, it sounds like a voice that’s not even yours, that doesn’t even belong to you. In these instances, it is your abuser or manipulator speaking, still living rent-free in your head and causing a ton of destruction in the process. Other times, you know that it’s you speaking, even if you don’t want to admit it. While you may accept your inner darkness, it doesn’t mean that you always like it. Such antipathy for yourself compels you to ignore your worst thoughts, all while they get louder and louder.

The famous Scorpio stinger is often times more verbal than anything else. You’re capable of being very destructive with your words, knowing exactly how to phrase and say something so it hurts the other person the most. This is rather unconscious, though, a byproduct of you being so wounded throughout life by someone else’s words. Your intelligence can also have a particularly dark manifestation. There’s a side of you that is a bona fide schemer, a master manipulator, and you can engage in all sorts of secret plans with the intent of hurting someone else or bringing them down. Your target usually doesn’t even know until it’s too late. Mind control then becomes a harmful specialty of your own, especially in how you can engage in lies that go undetected or heavily influence the mental perception someone else has of you.

Your dark side is truly another personality; one which you don’t reveal unless you feel sufficiently provoked. It’s why people will feel like they don’t really know you, even if they’ve known you for a long time. Gemini’s duality shows how you can engage in intimacy (8th House) in a paradoxical way. While you seemingly reveal these raw, intimate parts of yourself, it’s also quite calculated, due to the fact that there’s so much more you’re not telling. Even at your most “open”, you’re never entirely open. The hypocrisy of it all, though, is how intent you are on knowing the other person’s deepest, darkest secrets. It’s also very much a Scorpio Rising trait to detest liars and insist on complete honesty, to the point where you’ll feel like the trust has been seriously compromised if someone is caught in a lie. But, the thing is that you have your own way of lying, which can be as dramatic as completely making things up to preserve your privacy or could involve manipulating the other person through what you choose to say or omitting important details about yourself and your life. Yet, it can be hard for you to admit to having this opposing side of yourself that does exactly what you hate in other people.

When it comes to sexuality, you have an insatiable curiosity that makes you very eager to know all of your partner’s sexual desires and thoughts. It’s all very mental, which can create certain problems. You might find it very enjoyable to talk about, giving off the impression that you’re a total freak, while experiencing the sexual act as vaguely disappointing. The idea of sex is what entices you most and if someone doesn’t mentally stimulate you enough in bed, you disengage very easily. Conversely, you may keep totally quiet about it while completely going wild when it comes to doing it. This sometimes prevents you from being able to really communicate what you want sexually, which is another way that you keep your true thoughts to yourself and create a disconnect with someone else. In either case, there is always something surprising and contradictory about your sex life, whether that means seeming like a sex friend but actually being very sexually frustrated or keeping your sexuality very under wraps while being such an animal in bed that the connection isn’t as human as it could be.

Eliminating dishonest communication from your life is what allows you to move beyond the negative energy of your 8th House. This false, harmful, or deceitful way of communicating has, in some way, been passed down through your family, with many of your relatives throughout time finding it hard to really say what needs to be said to one another or saying all of the wrong things to one another. You can take this emotional inheritance and turn it around by recognizing that you’re smarter than that and know exactly what you’re doing. It’s why you have that duplicitous evil side of you. It’s always plotting and scheming, intentionally setting out to be dishonest, secretive, or hurtful. But, you can overcome this darkness within yourself by plotting and scheming to be truly empowered and empowering. Your inner power stems from your brainpower and how deeply impactful your words are. Knowing this will help you discard or transform any situations in your life where thoughts and words are being used destructively or against someone else.

If you’re unwilling to fully communicate with other people, then you will remain stuck in this mindset that makes you feel like your thoughts will be used against you. Conquering that demon of yours means learning how to trust more and be more open. However, being as complex as you are, you’ll never say everything that’s on your mind and you’ll always have your thoughts that remain well-hidden. Often times, you have to be secretive about your own info because of how hurtful it can be. This will reverse your approach and allow you to not be secretive about information of yours that ultimately isn’t going to hurt anyone and will only bring you and the other person closer. You can encourage the same in others. Gemini on the 8th House cusp does undeniably give you the power to penetrate someone else’s mind. While there will always be a potential within you to use that power harmfully, you also can get into someone’s head in a way that gives them empowering ideas, allows you to say something that creates a major shift in their lives, or shows that you profoundly understand them.

Your tremendous insight stems from this placement and being able to comprehend complexity so naturally is something that can help you work through any sexual issues that may arise in your life. Your sexuality is always going to be very complicated, never a black-or-white thing. Sometimes, it’s a matter of needing more of a mental connection with the other person in bed. Other times, you can find the sex unfulfilling because not enough communication is happening. Just know that you play an equal part in that. Your sexual nature is also like a split personality. Accepting that you can be a lovemaking romantic yet totally carnal and lustful is important, as you might have a hard time integrating both. Having periods in your life where you go from celibacy to having a lot of sex with different people or from promiscuity to holding out for someone you could actually have feelings for may be necessary for you to accept that other sexual self you possess.

"
July 5, 2021 at 09:01
(Capricorn) Emanuel
"8TH HOUSE: Emotional issues. The unresolved ways in which you’ve been scarred or traumatized. Your inner darkness. Destruction of yourself or others. The family cycle/curse. Your inner power. Healing. Sexual intimacy. Sexual issues and sexual healing. "

(8th house and sexuality is a modern signification)

I resonate with my Aquarius stellium in 8th house

"AQUARIUS ON THE 8TH HOUSE CUSP

Since Aquarius is an energy of detachment and objectivity, we feel a certain distance from whatever is represented by our birth chart’s Aquarius house. The 8th House is the house of your psychological baggage. Therefore, when you have Aquarius located in the 8th, you experience that sense of distance from your emotional issues. A part of you knows that you have them but you also may not care much about digging into them or resolving them. Such an attitude can stem from your eagerness to feel safe and supported amongst your loved ones. If you admit to and confront the underlying issues that are going on in the home, you risk being misunderstood, alienated, and even ostracized by those that you call family. The thing is that the emotional scars you deal with have a lot to do with those feelings of being misunderstood, alienated, or ostracized. The only way for you to process them honestly is to disturb the status quo and change how these familial interactions unfold.

Aquarius on the 8th House cusp means that you’ve experienced something painful or traumatic in your life that made you feel like you didn’t belong where you were supposed to belong. Again, that can definitely apply to your family situation. There was this subtle yet palpable sense that you didn’t react to and process things like everyone else, which often made you feel alone or unfairly judged. You also might’ve been told outright that there was something about you that was too different and that you needed to do away with that quality to conform to your family’s values. Many Cancer Risings grow up feeling misunderstood yet in a way that they couldn’t articulate. A part of you was too afraid of being exiled from the family by receiving their disapproval, so you did what you could to fit right in.

There is this secret, hidden part of you, however, that feels very angry or resentful because of this. You’ve developed this dark or self-destructive side that makes you rebel in the face of other people’s expectations. It’s an expression of the unresolved pain you’ve felt due to stifling your individuality to fit in with your family. You have an intensely unpredictable side to you that can make you downright unstable. This is evident through your ever-changing moods and the irrational spells that you indulge in that you, on some level, just know will turn everything upside down. Bottling up your inner chaos only causes it to come out in very tumultuous ways that can shock or surprise others. Yet, you tend to see it as not that big of a deal. Aquarius in the 8th gives you a destructive pattern of normalizing what is unhealthy and unstable and then believing what is healthy and stable is actually abnormal.

This is a pattern that has passed down to you through your family. So many people within your family line have displayed an often hidden yet deep-seated dysfunction, making others believe that they are perfectly “normal” when they are anything but. Instead of changing things in their lives that would have made them stronger, better, more enriched people, they embraced an instability that they had no real rhyme or reason to it. You can see this emotional inheritance in your own life as you proceed to be unstable without really understanding or acknowledging why. Deep down, a part of you may not even want much actual closeness with someone else because, due to your past experience, you believe that they’d want to change something about you in order to be connected to you. As a result, a very cold side of you emerges that makes you almost hell-bent on avoiding deeper intimacy with someone.

This is yet another influence that displays how ironic it is that you can appear to be such a vulnerable, intimacy-seeking person when you, in the end, spend a lot of time distancing yourself from others. You can see that in how you go about sexual intimacy, as well. You might be physically present but very emotionally distant, unable to create a deeper connection. Your unstable side also manifests in your sex life, which causes you to go from being very celibate to very promiscuous, with either approach keeping you from getting too emotionally involved with anyone. Uranus ruling the 8th also gives you sexual desires that can be peculiar or odd. You definitely have this “freaky” side to you that you simultaneously want to indulge in and feel is unacceptable. Sometimes, you may freely express these sexual feelings to your partner, only to feel harshly judged by their negative response. Other times, you can keep it all hidden, which prevents you from having that real connection with the other person.

The 8th House tells us how we find and express our power. So, you’re most powerful, with Aquarius in the 8th, when you embrace those seemingly unacceptable parts of yourself. You have to eliminate anything in your life that makes you believe that your deeper feelings and desires are too weird or unacceptable to deal with. That could include dynamics within your family that have always forced you to toe the party line. You are your own person and they don’t get to decide what you feel. This influence is all about psychological breakthroughs and you will experience many in your life that can really illuminate these hidden emotions that you’ve always had but that you’ve been too busy judging to accept. You need to transform your notion of what is normal and what is abnormal. That can help you see your family situation with newly insightful eyes, understanding how these destructive patterns have been normalized for you and how you can normalize feelings and perceptions that were once deemed as off-limits.

Aquarius is both about individuality and how you can use your individuality to help others. With this energy, you have to be willing to be unique enough to break the family cycle and know how much this will end up helping your loved ones. You will exhibit great power when you are objectively aware of your own issues and can use that scientific insight to help those you love through their issues. You can be the one who liberates other people from their long-held dysfunction. Doing this allows you to take on the roles of both therapist and patient. This means going through enough therapy to help others work out their psychological baggage.

But, you may not even need to go to actual therapy to do so. Your intuition is so powerful that you can deeply understand what’s going on with you in a way that feels downright logical. So, you can exhibit an introspective nature in a very independent way, which is why it’ll be crucial for you to have time alone to process things. Whenever you are in one of your moods, you are known for distancing yourself from others until you’ve figured it all out. It’s just important for you to want to make an emotional change, to know that simply letting your unstable emotions run rampant, without understanding the source of it all, helps no one, including yourself.

Yet, this placement also shows just how healing it will be for you to completely accept your inner chaos, objective enough to know what you need to work on while still just letting yourself be, with no judgment. You will experience this on a sexual level, as well. Your sexual desires will be very unpredictable and you just need to go with that. It’s also going to be important for you to have a space of intimacy with someone else who strives to actually understand you and won’t dismiss you with judgment. This will make you increasingly open about your sexual feelings, not worrying if they’re too strange or if they’re going to scare the other person away. In fact, you can end up helping your partner open up enough to admit to the sexual feelings and desires that they have that they might not have admitted to themselves or to anyone else due to a fear that other people would judge them or wouldn’t understand.

"
July 5, 2021 at 08:54
(Capricorn) Emanuel
This forum thread too ( i put some pictures here too)

https://forum.astro-seek.com/topic/…
July 5, 2021 at 08:26
(Virgo) Turbo TJ » LotusStar
Leo on the cusp.

Well I have 29 Leo on the 8th cups and ruler the sun in virgo along with mercury and venus all in virgo 8th house.

Your comments about deflated ego and low self esteem hits right on the nose. Fear of not getting enough attention from a lover spot on. Fear of expressing myself again right on

I´ve also come to recognize that I have fear of how my intelligence comes off. I´m quite well informed but lack a speaking ability amongst crowds. Get quiet and don´t wanna come off as stupid.

As for the occult and mysteries yes absolutely also think I understand it better than most. Feel like I´m occult sensitive.
July 5, 2021 at 05:31
(Cancer) Ren'Dorei
God... I have Geminis in 12th houses but I still felt this so good :61:
July 5, 2021 at 04:01
(Capricorn) Jaided » LotusStar
Sounds about right! I used to think it was a family curse but it turns out were all just virgo risings 😂 all Aries in 8th.

Ha, I have yet to find someone who I can express all of that with freely yet. But I´m not surprised Aries in 8th would thrive on that, no sugar coating feelings or trying to be nice and calm and quiet all the time.
July 5, 2021 at 03:47
(Sagittarius) RA_
What 8th House (Scorpio) in my chart like...
Part 1 https://youtu.be/fuuiEBqon7g
Part 2 https://youtu.be/Xrod2nqDlpo

Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
YouTube
YouTube
July 5, 2021 at 03:44
(Virgo) LotusStar » anotheralex
That´s interesting, thanks for sharing :) You still have Scorpio on the 11th even with placidus so I can see why it would still apply!

I know myself having Mars in 11th house I can relate to some of that too.
July 5, 2021 at 03:35
(Virgo) LotusStar » Jaided
Thanks for sharing, yes Aries on the 8th cusp is a quite difficult placement in my experience that doesnt get enough credit. Indeed can mean trauma or wounds related to experiences of intimidation, even physical assault. Even if its not always manifest, can be a fear of it. Intimacy involves being able to share and express your anger and passionate side, not have to sugar coat. Attitude towards 8th house topics can be quite brave and fearless.
July 5, 2021 at 03:27
(Capricorn) Jaided
Aries on the cusp of 8th.
I also have a Taurus moon in 8th in placidus, and my Lillith is Aries in 8th.

I feel like this makes me either not assertive enough, or overly assertive when I don´t need to be. I´ve been in many situations where I have had to defend myself and I either freeze up and allow it to continue, or I react very strongly and powerfully. Very fight or flight themed life, I guess you could say. I´m leaving it vague just because its quite personal but I would say my 8th house wound has a lot to with self defense with people more powerful than myself in my life starting very young. This also seems to be the case for all the Virgo ascendant women in my life. My mom, my 2 sisters. We´ve always had to be fighters in some way, and if we don´t fight then we get stepped on.
July 5, 2021 at 03:25
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » astreo
System message: Post has been written by user anotheralex, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Yea I relate A Lot to my venus and jupiter in the 9th house that’s why I have stick to placidus for now.

I guess my moon in leo 7th house explains « Fears or wounded related to self-expression and attention, getting too much or not getting enough of it. Needing a lot of attention from partner for intimacy. Fears losing partners attention or hurts when they don´t give you enough attention. Fears not being allowed to express themselves or shine. »
July 5, 2021 at 03:19
(Virgo) astreo » anotheralex
Then I´d bet on Placidus ...
But that´s me ...
July 5, 2021 at 03:17
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » astreo
System message: Post has been written by user anotheralex, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Spiritual knowledge
July 5, 2021 at 03:17
What do you like more, reading about spiritual knowledge or the government? :15:
July 5, 2021 at 03:14
Are you saying it because your Moon changes from house 7 to house 8 in Whole signs? :78:
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Virgo Virgo
Show calendar »