Wondering if I´m actually a Virgo rising

July 1, 2021 at 08:41 (UT/GMT)
(Libra) Castlewallsxo
Wondering if I´m actually a Virgo rising
So this astrologer said that about 30% of people don´t have their correct rising sign. If I had the wrong rising sign it would likely be Virgo because that´s the closest (45 minutes off).

If I had a Virgo rising I would have a fifth house stellium (not to mention my Leo Venus and Mars) which would explain why I´m still pretty Leoy.

But the description of Virgo Rising does fit me a lot better, both mentally and physically. https://kannonmcafee.wordpress.com/…

For example I´m detail-oriented, analytical, introverted, a writer. I´ve been underweight my entire life and I´m 24 but people mistake me for 16.

The page also says Virgo Risings are likely to delay sexual activity or marriage - well I´m 24 and never even held hands, and not for lack of opportunity. If I was a Virgo rising, my Venus would be in the 12th house (still conjunct Ascendant), which would offer even more explanation to my crippling fear of intimacy.

So yeah.
Thoughts?

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
July 2, 2021 at 08:21
(Aquarius) Catch-22
I often wonder how to guess the people´s Rising sign.

I know the hour of my birth, but I know from my kids it´s off slightly from their birth certificate...
July 2, 2021 at 01:58
(Taurus) Rosincvist
The twelfth house is the dream-world that most with very few exceptions enter into in sleep! Could you have a "two planet" twelfth-house? :154: & :155:
July 1, 2021 at 23:13
(Leo) Kasperanza » Castlewallsxo
Sometimes
I know the Libra appearance because it has a beautiful and androgynous look to it
July 1, 2021 at 23:12
(Aries) ram_goat » Castlewallsxo
well, autism adds another layer to things.

but still, saturn issues... still fits the pattern, doesn´t break it.
July 1, 2021 at 22:56
(Libra) Castlewallsxo » ram_goat
You and @fishscales make a lot of good and interesting points for me to keep in mind. Thank you!
July 1, 2021 at 22:54
(Libra) Castlewallsxo » Kasperanza
Are you good at telling people´s rising signs based on physical appearance?
July 1, 2021 at 22:51
(Leo) Kasperanza » Castlewallsxo
It´s hard to say really. Your Mercury is so freaking good, that it would come out regardless of your rising.
July 1, 2021 at 22:47
(Libra) Castlewallsxo » Jaided
Perhaps not a *high* chance. My mom said I was born at 3:05am but I would have to get a hold of my birth certificate to confirm. It would explain a lot if she was off by an hour or so.
July 1, 2021 at 22:46
(Libra) Castlewallsxo » Kasperanza
Yeah I´ve always been known as a writer. Even when I was a kid at field trips, people´s parents whom I didn´t know would come talk to me about my writing skills. Apparently I´m viewed as the smartest person in my family; I talked to my young teen cousins about my high-functioning autism and they asked how I could be autistic if I´m the smartest person in the family. (They are really young, so they didn´t know autistic people can be smart.)

A couple years ago I got in contact with an old friend from elementary school and she said the other kids bullied me because they were jealous that I was smart and a good writer. Not sure how true that it is.

If I´m a Leo Rising then I attribute these characteristics to my Grand Earth Trine in Mercury, Neptune, and Moon (square Ascendant). Plus my Mercury is exalted, trine midheaven, semisextile ascendant, and it´s probably my best-placed planet.

I think I´m still seen as decently attractive regardless. If I´m a Virgo Rising I would still have Venus conjunct Ascendant (albeit in the twelfth house).
July 1, 2021 at 21:22
(Leo) Kasperanza
It´s really important to pay attention the planets that you identify with.

Let´s imagine if you had Leo Rising. Venus and Mars would come out in your personality significantly more. Given that the Sun is the ruler of people with Leo Rising, and your Sun is in Libra, and with Venus in your 1st house, you´d be much more relationship oriented and likely to be attractive and pleasant to be around.

If you had a Virgo Rising, Mercury would be the ruler of your chart and in your first house. You´d be more of a writer, thinker, and intellectual type. People wouldn´t see you as attractive, but more as a nerd.

The fact that you´re a writer is a dead giveaway that you´re a Virgo Rising. Mercury also rules your 10th house of career, it´s domicile in Virgo in your 1st house, so that´s your identity. You identify with your words and your mind, as opposed to your beauty and image (Leo rising and Venus)
July 1, 2021 at 18:53
(Capricorn) Datta108
Namaste, imo this is a very Saturn dominated chart,in jyotish system Cancer rises ruled by Moon,but in Pushya nakshatra which is ruled by Saturn.Secondly Moon is placed in Pisces in Uttara bhadrapada nakshatra which is Saturn ruled And Moon is conjuct Saturn in Pisces, Saturn himself also in Uttara bhadrapada nakshatra which of course is Saturn ruled.
Not only that Ketu is in Pisces also in Uttara bhadrapada, so Saturn/Ketu/Moon conjunct in Pisces with all planets in Saturn ruled nakshatras indicates the mind(mind represented by Moon in a chart)is hemmed in by 2 natural malefics so introversion, depression, being reserved, having inhibitions, philosophical outlook,spiritual seeking nature is possible.
Venus in the 12 fl in Gemini could point to disinterest in intimacy, but I think Mercury dasa running, mercury the lord of the 12fl,is a big factor of not being outgoing and extroverted.
On the other hand,Jupiter strongly placed in Sagittarius, Sun strong in his own sign Leo and mercury exalted in Virgo will bring betterment in life ,especially when mercury dasa is finished around 2028 or 2029.
Currently Jupiter is transiting your 12fl house from moon,but Saturn is transiting your favorable 11th house til January 2023,any issues that do crop up will be manageable.
Sade sati Starts in January 2023 while 12fl lord dasa Mercury is running,remedies for Saturn and mercury can help at that time🙏
July 1, 2021 at 14:18
(Taurus) nutelina
I know a few Virgo risings and they like really to work with their hands whereas I don´t to just note the difference.
July 1, 2021 at 14:14
(Capricorn) Jaided
Is there a high chance you don´t have your correct birth time? You do have the same Virgo rising traits i
I do, and I am a 5th stellium. Romance started so young for me because of this 5th house though so that´s the opposite of youre situation. But, your aspect you mentioned does further explain why it´s more likely for you to have delayed relationships/intimacy. Maybe you are a Virgo rising!
July 1, 2021 at 13:08
(Pisces) fishscales
"...my crippling fear of intimacy."

I think this is probably more due to your 8th house Saturn.
July 1, 2021 at 10:47
(Aries) ram_goat
So this astrologer said that about 30% of people don´t have their correct rising sign.

Which means that 70% do. We keep pretty good birth records here in the USA. Other countries, not so much.
July 1, 2021 at 10:26
(Capricorn) Emanuel
Probably Virgo Rising.
July 1, 2021 at 10:10
(Aries) ram_goat
Oh I see you also have the dreaded Jupiter in Cap placement, like me.

But yours is in the 5th house, mine in my 12th.

It brings famine mentality and thinking. We´de have made great Depression Era kids in the 1930´s.. we already think this way!

I think your Virgo issues are mostly mis-labelled Saturn issues. Study Saturn/Cappie more and Virgo less.

You have 4 Cappie placements and only one Virgo..
July 1, 2021 at 09:35
(Aries) ram_goat
Usually it´s easier to find yourself in your actual birthchart, than it is to
reach for other theories. It just takes time, acceptance and understanding of yourself.

Mercury in Virgo by itself is enough to explain many of your Virgo traits.
But your mercury is in pretty good shape, compared to many.

The page also says Virgo Risings are likely to delay sexual activity or marriage - well I´m 24 and never even held hands, and not for lack of opportunity.

Saturn- restriction. I´m sure you at least wanted to hold hands with a few of
them.. and maybe even do more than that, but for that pesky Saturn.

But Saturn always rewards in the end (pluto as well..) you just have to wait for it and work hard, in the case of Saturn, or go through a lot of shit in the case of pluto.

Virgo is actually a pretty sexual sign. Many here call them Vir-hoes, and I can´t entirely disagree. I have known a few like this, though not intimately.

If you want to find the INCELs here, look at scorpio influenced people.
July 1, 2021 at 09:33
(Aries) ram_goat
Saturn is our strict teacher who is able to ruthlessly examine our maturity. However, it is not only the despot, but also the archetype of the sage who uses pain as a means to get our attention on what we should focus on and what we should continue to develop.

Saturn in Aries
People with Saturn in Aries need to learn to be more assertive and sure of their opinions. They often have to be left without help in order to learn that. They have to learn to enjoy the freedom of movement and speech, and to be able to use it when it is offered (or rather enforced) to them. People with Saturn in Aries suppress their energy impulses. They are cold, reserved, prudent and persistent. They usually experience success later in life.

Saturn in the 8th House
Saturn in the eighth house affects financial and sexual matters in which it restricts the person´s attitude. These people are strict. It suggests financial difficulties that relate to their spouse or to their business. They tend to handle problems of other people, which can mean that they will take on the responsibilities of other people.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Libra Libra
Show calendar »