Please help - why are my house placements between different web pages different?

June 27, 2021 at 03:23 (UT/GMT)
(Cancer) C Protagonist
Please help - why are my house placements between different web pages different?
I´ve looked at my natal chart using multiple web pages and have downloaded multiple Apps looking for consistency in interpretations, but instead I found a much more confusing issue concerning how my houses are being allocated in my natal chart!

Half my charts show a Stellium in the 7th house and the other half place that same Stellium of the same planets, in the same Zodiac sign as all being in the 8th house.

All the planets, signs, aspects and zodiacs remain exactly the same for the rest of the chart, which includes my Ascendant in the first house of Cap every time but the rest of my houses are all one place in difference.

Which one is correct?

In each chart I have set it to;
- Whole sign
- natal birth chart
- tropical
- not in daylight savings
- correct location
- correct date and time
- not a leap year

So why am I getting two different results? Using other websites and apps all those 7th house placements are in the 8th house....???
How do I know which one is right?

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
August 2, 2021 at 10:27
(Aquarius) viv » Petr9
That’s useful Petr9!
Re whole signs
They begin and end with the sign! So Cap zero to 29.59 is house one and so on around.This system is the Hellenistic one and used a lot for predictive work.Without adjusting for daylight saving just based on what is shown here Whole Signs would give you Sun seventh and Venus Mercury Fortuna and vertex eighth. It’s drawn with the angles just as lines within the signs.
Re Placidus
I’ve used Placidus for years. It’s the default on lots of programs though it gives quite distorted house sizes at high latitudes. As you say you have to play around to find the systems that resonates. I’ve had my chart read with other systems too. Houses are all projective symbolic systems anyway unlike the locations of the planets and the degrees above or below the horizon.
August 2, 2021 at 09:39
(Cancer) C Protagonist » kosmic.kitten
Hi :1:

So it really is just a guessing game on the best fit then?

I think I find it trickier to discern what resonates the most as it´s my Moon, Mercury and Venus placements that make the switch between the two house systems and my Sun sign remains the same.

I´ve spent a while looking into it but I think that the Placidus system seems to be more logical - not because of how the placements resonate - but because the earth is a globe and not a disk. As Earth spins on a different kilter than the direction of tilt of the planets transiting, it seems to make more sense that the Houses should be drawn with that perspective - like how a road in the distance appears to get narrower.

I think the whole house system might be more inline the closer to the equator that your place of birth is maybe?
August 2, 2021 at 09:11
(Cancer) C Protagonist » Petr9
Thank-you!

I´ve also stopped using the whole sign system altogether because half the time it would calculate with no house in my ascendant sign instead of making it the first house.
June 28, 2021 at 10:14
ASTRASTRO-SEEK ADMINSEEK Admin, (Taurus) Petr9
In each chart I have set it to;
- not in daylight savings
===

You were born during daylight saving time (DST was in use in Scotland in July 1984)

If you manually turn off DST ... you will get the wrong chart :32:
June 27, 2021 at 20:50
(Aries) JayJayAstrology
Others have already explained. It is confusing - the different house systems. People do astrology differently and prefer one house system over others. The most used is the Placidus - which AstroSeek uses as a default. Whole sign might be next in line as far as number of users-proponents. There are many different house systems! There isn´t a right or wrong one. It´s the one really awkward thing about astrology.

I like Placidus though - it´s proven to be very accurate to me.

My website: http://thesoulmustsing.weebly.com - I do western astrology readings, dream interpretation, and mind-body healing by a donation of your choice - and classes at reasonable rates. Sign up for my newsletter!
June 27, 2021 at 16:24
(Virgo) kosmic.kitten » Victor_Valiant_
June 27, 2021 at 16:13
(Cancer) Victor_Valiant_ » kosmic.kitten
Well explained ;)
June 27, 2021 at 04:00
(Virgo) kosmic.kitten
The websites are probably using different house systems!
There are a many different house systems that astrologers use, which will alter the location of your planets usually by a sign or two. You should explore the different positions of the websites and see which one resonates with you more. Then you can continue to use that house system and set it as your default on most websites, like here on Astro-Seek.

For example, using Placidus house system it places my Sun in the 6th house of work and service, but I like to use equal house system which places my sun in the 5th house of creativity and passion, which resonates with me much more. Equal house system makes all the houses the same size, some people use Whole Sign system which is pretty similar I think. Placidus house system is a bit more jumbled up, as the house sizes vary, some houses are large and some are small.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Virgo Virgo
Show calendar »